How'd it go today?

DSC03739.JPG

haha, you got it Reddog, this is after another eight hours, probably 40 or so pulls. I'll update next week. Ring is going to be on this for probably another two weeks plus, or until the aluminum wears through.

ETA: thanks for the link!

Day was kinda of goofy today. Showed up at job one body short (Katy sick) and the mistletoe removals were put on hold. So we did some roof clearance/crown raising work and cleaned up a pasture. Then went and killed a little live oak filled with climbing roses and wisteria over a fence... Gawd what a tangle. Clears my books of two small jobs though and that always feel better, especially when I don't have to send someone home due to lack of work for the day.

Finally getting some seed in the ground. Dad is taking a shift in the seeding tractor while I get us caught up on spraying. Going to tear out about three quarters of the winter wheat I planted. Not an easy winter for wheat. Re seed to spring wheat. Rain and cold has us about a month behind in our spring work.

Been kinda cranky the last week. I quit chewing Copenhagen. I feel pretty good. Apparently everyone else thinks I am cranky!

Chew the gum, brother... it works!!! I smoked Marlboro reds and dipped Glorious Copenhagen for years.

Just do it!

OK so here is own little town..
They pulled a permit for a "flash mob"...
They bring in a crane and hire CHP to close a hwy that runs through the centre of town ( basically main street). Divert traffic for several blocks.
Set up a sound system...... Crane had somebody on a plat form above all this ( I assume with a vid cam..)
And do this..
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8iNKZUilVN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Small town life.. you just gotta love the concept.. LOL

just got home 12:30 got a flat on chipper think its time to invest in a spare. Got lucky friend of mine let me borrow his to get it home. ++My yard is behind a tire shop.
should be able to get going in morning w/ little delay

Took out a couple CA black oak limbs over where some RV ports were going to be installed at one of our local camp grounds. Made some quick money there and did some estimates for the guy that owns it. Guess we have a new account :D
Then went and did some mistletoe removal on a blue oak up the street. Nice day .... :)

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 54
You should have seen the South Bound line.. OMG! And the side streets were all closed as well for blocks. People were pissed Jim. Not every one got the memo.. Especially those on their way to Yosemite.

nice day today, finished job up north & got paid. HO is super happy scheduled another day next week for more work and now wants sumps ground.

Came home and found check in mail from last job. That HO called and also scheduled more work.

Did serve day for my local church

Over 6000 people signed up to help out on 143 jobs in my area on sat and sunday for the community....helped old people, schools, medical needs ect (long list)

One school needed 7 trees removed, 3 were bradford pears lolol.....tons of branches over roof...spikes on and rip cuts for pruning haha

I guess I was only tree service that signed up

this church pulls out all the stops, git r done!

someone had a remote control drone with go pro cam for filming...like the air shots

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/U9aCPFACh9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quite the community Bots!
Removed a cherry then went to help my stump grinder friend remove a few over a service drop and screened in pool enclosure.
Looking forward to a couple days off short of estimates.

Is anyone gonna watch the meteor shower tonight? They say it might be an actual meteor storm. I haven't seen that since I was 10 years old. 11 til 4, I think.

I started a tree inventory a few months ago been too busy to finish it .But cataloged 1400 trees. Described tree species, condition, yada, etc. Handed in what I had completed (30%) last week. They want me to start with all dead and critical trees 126 removals all 100% dead mainly virginia pines and Norway Maples. Got to it today 9 removals for village. Good timing chipper was down for 3wks just got back 2days ago. I've been grappling everything up, was only able to fit 1 to 3 trees before dumping . Fit all 9trees in large chip truck, logs in grapple truck

Back