How'd it go today?

My wish for a healthy baby, Sean.

Got a weeks worth of tree work lined up at an old temple in the mountains. Finishing up an earlier effort on some large Zelkovas. Going to be late going today, another funeral to attend, the mother of a friend. She was 94 though. A very nice lady. For many years she looked after the hot spring resort of a theatrical company. When nobody was around i used the bath many times, and she would be quick to bring out some cold beers after. She had a fall and got pneumonia after. Hospitals are great places to catch pneumonia if you are in a weakened condition. Institutional pneumonia they now call it, hospitals, rest homes, those kinds of places. Viruses and germs can abound. Being on a respirator is a particularly good way. Stay healthy!

Took today off and got a bunch of home and shop stuff done. Fixed the Silvey stand and got some chains sharpened. Got what I needed to rebuild a carb on a saw and some other things that I needed for the new 30 gallon compressor. Rob wired that all up and she runs real nice. :) Split a bunch of pine and got that put away, still need to do more. Rotated the fire wood rack in the house and stocked it up for the storms coming in. 3-4 days worth of wood ought to cut it. ;) Making some potato soup and tinkering aroun the house. Was just a nice day out and about .... Kat at work and kids still elsewhere. Hot coffee and quiet. Once in a while it is nice. :)

Sounds good, Stephan.

Got some wood split this morning and wood shed consolidated for more green wood space.

Going to get a good sized pile of logs hauled this week, by my kboom toting friend over to my neighbor who has his Woodmiser set up now. I'm excited to have the mill so close to home (half a mile, on the road behind me, through the woods). Splitting the milled wood 50/50, which seems pretty customary here as a split. I'm going to get sooo much usable space back in my work yard, like 250 sq. feet, more than doubling my available firewood and trailer space. I'm super stoked. Might put in a circle drive rather than having to back the truck and chipper in next to the wood shed, in the dark, in the rain, all winter. That would be sweet.

Little D is doing a little better, and Amy is still plenty sick, but hopefully it will be short-lived. Amy hasn't had a good night's sleep since Dahlia was born, so she's worn down! I'm taking off work tomorrow to care for them.

It's cold and wet today. I hauled two loads of Tulip from last week. Got a nice load to saw into something. Contemplating mounting underbody fenders on my truck, but my hands are cold.

Attachments

• DSC00678.jpg
    DSC00678.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 16
Over a couple hours, three T'Squares, a measuring tape, lots of measuring and double checking, and some swearing, I've got one fender mounted. :|:

Attachments

• fenders.jpg
    fenders.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 17
Sir, step away from the fender. I repeat- step away from the fender. :)

Looks good, but looks like it should have a vertical component coming off of the slanted parts. Just looks small to me, especially with how you like your stuff clean, B.

Things to do on a stormy day... Rebuild a carb, sharpen some chain, dress some bars, tune some saws and get ready for some tree killin :D
Or clean up the kilt trees from the storm :|:
Just got three more beetle kill pondos added to my to do list today.

Attachments

• IMG_20121217_155416.jpg
    IMG_20121217_155416.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 12
Geez B, you have the bucket tricked and dubbed out but there is still blue tape on the boom...:/:

Massive amounts of theft going on around here , multiple landscape and tree outfits partially or totally cleaned out of saws and gear. One outfit, perps smashed thru a block wall with a sledgehammer and then cleaned him out. That sucks. Then, 2 weeks later when he had purchased new gear and got back on his feet, they did it again.

Yeah the police take the reports, don't do any investigation.

Back