How'd it go today?

Thank you Sean. Nothing fancy. I brought it home to the house and not my yard because I want the logo off promptly. Here at the house, the odds if that happening quickly are higher.
2012-12-21_16-35-11_782.jpg

The truck isn't perfect guys. Don't let me mislead anyone. Needs some oil added now.and again bit doesn't smoke. Nothing crazy. Pto light flickers erratically when driving. Gotta figure out if that's worth caring about. The front fender has a small crack in it. But, ill have it painted up to my colors and logo it up and use it for as long as it will go. It has 100k on it. If the engine goes ill drop a junkyard motor in. Otherwise the frame is rock solid, starts and purrs perfectly, drives and handles great and the clutch is not too old. Brakes are strong, tires are good, and shifts perfect. Even has a new seat in it. I would have preferred L pack toolboxes but ill build binds and such in the dog house for whatever gear ends up in there. My f350 chip truck just doesn't have the weight rating for hauling chips. Ill take the chip box off and set it aside. Leave the dump hoist on it and have a flatbed dump with 12" sides. Mulch, stumpgrindings, logs, etc. If the red gmc goes down, ill take an excavator and lift the chip body back onto the 350 while I iron out the gmc.

May not be perfect but you have the perfect plan for it! Hope it serves you well. Full well understand the frustration with the 350 chip capacity also. My 92 450 was much better the 97 350 has the motor though.

Packing up and heading out in the AM. Erik is housesitting with the dog and cats. Dahlia's first Christmas. Heading to OKC area. Hoping for a really good trip. Family (in-laws) and friends to see.

Spent from about 6pm yesterday to 2am last night puking my guts out every 30 minutes or so. Caught some stomach virus, no fun at all. And right when were trying to finish a big planting job before Xmas. Dad called a good friend in too help, I'll be spending at least today sitting in bed, trying to get better.

Blizzard going on here.
Whole country will most likely be snowbound tomerrow.
Too bad for those who wanted to travel to friends or family for x-mas.
Two knifemakers braved the snow and came by to buy some wood and have me run a set of muskox horn through the bandsaw.
Weird request, but they had bought an old trophy at Ebay for 150$ to get the horns for handle material.
While here, they picked up a couple of hundred bucks worth of sliced burl.
It being x-mas, I gave them a more than fair deal, so they went away happy:)

Cutting up burls for knife and pen makers is turning into a nice little side line.

Nice on the burl work Stig.
I hope you fell well soon Adrian.

Going to be celebarating Lilly's 4th birthday today and she is all excited.
Levi has not seen it yet, but his new Thinkpad Computer is here :D

Back