How'd it go today?

Waiting to hear about my chip truck. over $2K so far in repairs to elec, turbo, and a new injector, and now thinks a cylinder is gone. If I have to replace the engine I'm out of business for now.

Luckily I don't have too much lined up that I can't take care of using my car...:|:

Damn Dave :( Hate hearing this for you. Wish I had a spare engine I could just ship out.
I highly recommend a mini van as back up.....

Damn Dave :( Hate hearing this for you. Wish I had a spare engine I could just ship out.
I highly recommend a mini van as back up.....

Ya, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Can you find alternative ways for disposal through a subcontractor? That's gotten me through truck and chipper woes in the past, and sometimes it easier

Sean, most contractors around here are pretty hard headed when it comes to helping the competition, even when paid well. Plenty of guys who own trucks out of work around here though. thinking I might just hire one or two to move equipment on bigger jobs..

I will probably keep the cemetery jobs for the township as disposal isn't a problem, and might just work for someone else next summer. I have a couple standing offers of employment, just more interested in having my own thing going. Haven't decided yet and may still get a running truck back...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

We did three jobs today, but the last was my favorite. I established a central leader in a Floss Silk tree (Chorisia speciosa).

Here's what the tree looked before:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353082663.744586.jpg

And when I was done

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353082694.267986.jpg

The tree was about 25' tall only took about 30 minutes to do but I charged $300 because few companies in city even know the value of a leader and then there was this....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353082971.503740.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353082988.986264.jpg

There was another tree in the back, but it was getting dark so I didn't putz with taking pics. Just had to hustle and geterdone!

love
nick

Damn, it sounds like you priced it just right! I've never seen that tree before, hope I never do!

Nice work, Nick. That is a different tree fo sho! Sometimes I momentarily feel guilty about the prices I charge as well because at times it seems the work is easy, and then I remember that its only easy because I've poured plenty of blood, sweat and tears into learning this trade. That and 95% percent of folks out there wouldn't even dream of doing what we do for a living.

We are still planting trees like crazy. The nursery couldn't get them out of the ground because it has been raining so much, so we are WAY behind scedule.
As soon as the last tree is in the ground, we have to deliver the seasons first order of beech logs.
To top it off the local state forest got a grant to do a release project on staghorn beetles that means removing a fair bit of forest and turning it into a mixture of mature oaks and grazing land. They want us to do the felling on the project and it has to be done this fiscal year and our apprentice is off to school...............Aaaaaaaarrrrgghh!!!

We'll get it all done, somehow, but right now I sure could use about 3 extra fallers.

On a lighter note, I had to brush up my German. I bought a former police motorcycle in Germany, somewhere near Munich.
I haven't really been on a bike for 20 years after riding them through my youth, so I'm sooo looking forward to getting that big Beemer on the road, come spring:)

A Beemer is a high priced rascal but they run almost forever .

A few months back I bought a snow blower for my son .On the cheap and it looked new .The gentleman also had a vintage RM 60 maybe ?? It looked nearly new and he'd had since the 70's .Myself being an old Harley rider we teased each other ,good naturedly of course .

Good luck with the bike Stig, I have a Buell Lightening sitting in my shop that I havent ridden in 7 years since I got a reckless driving ticket on it.... Keep thinking about putting it back on the road but cannt afford that hassle yet.,

Had a very stressful couple weeks what with the trade show and a bunch of HH orders and 6 Wraptor orders and a ton of breakdowns at work this week. I kinda gave up today and am drinking beer instead of building Wraptor this evening. I keep telling myself that one day this will pay off.........

Had a very stressful couple weeks what with the trade show and a bunch of HH orders and 6 Wraptor orders and a ton of breakdowns at work this week. I kinda gave up today and am drinking beer instead of building Wraptor this evening. I keep telling myself that one day this will pay off.........

Gotta drink some beer to keep it all in perspective;)

We had to go to a funeral today .My wifes ex and father of her oldest son .Poor old Jim was never the same since the SE Asian war .He was a tunnel rat .Another one of those casulties of war it took 40 years to get .

Finally slapped a few clips of the annual bon fire we do for the TVYFLSuperbowl ...... The little blonde in pink dancing about the fire is mine LOL
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lpr4LmoGFS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sean, most contractors around here are pretty hard headed when it comes to helping the competition, even when paid well. Plenty of guys who own trucks out of work around here though. thinking I might just hire one or two to move equipment on bigger jobs..

I will probably keep the cemetery jobs for the township as disposal isn't a problem, and might just work for someone else next summer. I have a couple standing offers of employment, just more interested in having my own thing going. Haven't decided yet and may still get a running truck back...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

A friend of mine has a grapple truck that I referred to as my help when my truck and chipper is down. He can haul a lot of brush. Whenever I can get logs out, I get paid by the homeowner for the disposal and give them to my friend in exchange for him skidding, loading, and selling them for his own profit. He doesn't do trees himself. He's just an equipment operator.

So here I sit killing time until the frost burns off watching two squirrels in the back yard .It's the time squirrels bury nuts for winter and they remember where they bury about 90 percent of them .

There's a little fly in that ointment however .One squirrel watchs from afar squirrel number one bury said nut then when he scampers off find another number two squirrel digs it up and hids it some place else .Thievery amongst squirrels evidently,tsk tsk .

:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter

I never knew a scooter to be anything other than...well...a scooter!:lol:

See...the long distance internet communication confusion epic!
What I meant when you said....ahhh fergit it...it's all good!

Dont you like the mental picture of a jump ramp at the bottom of the tree, gun it and clip in at the last second before plummeting back to earth...:)

I put 70 rounds through my 7 mag today. That's pretty much the only thing I did to be honest.

That's not always a bad thing. After I stuck that chisel in my leg I now take a half a day every weekend to do something outside my normal routine. Or just take the afternoon off.

Back