How'd it go today?

He's only selling to get something I better I can guarantee that.

A material handler even in the form of just a little mini is indispensable for treework. I wouldn't work without one now.

Good day; woke up to twin fawns outside the bedroom window. :)

Then pruned back several maples & oaks to 'release' some siberian spruce trees. Remembered the camera today ... :|:
The before & after pix show the spruces where almost completely engulfed.
Hopefully they'll improve, now. :)

It was reported to be 96° in the town but I don't think it got that hot where I was working ... still, DAY-UM HOT :cry:
Did some serious sweating. When I came home a neighbor saw my shirt and wanted to know if I got caught in a rain storm. :lol:

Attachments

• 120706 After.jpg
    120706 After.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 120706 Fawn twins.jpg
    120706 Fawn twins.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 120706 Before.jpg
    120706 Before.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 9
Today not too much since I'd worked my azz off in the heat the last several .

Yesterday I did as much of the storm clean up I'm going to do until the heat subsides .

One big old limb from the crotch of a white oak and one from the crotch of a sugar maple yielded nearly a cord of wood .Large !

Very cute at that stage!
Hot it was today 103 no breeze. Got a call on my ride home after two oaks between two houses. To take care of the part still standing that could reach the house
uploadfromtaptalk1341619424700.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1341619495213.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1341619554615.jpg
I had looked at the tree when the first leads failed then this
uploadfromtaptalk1341619626831.jpg
I had to do it with what was left.
Water water water before cramps set in.

I sweated my butt off today. My groundman and I constantly.push each other to drink more water on days like this. I'll one hand a saw, and do plenty of other things that the text books forbid, but one dangerous move i dont toy with, is dehydrating.

We sweat our asses off too, but got one of my guys with the ole toilet paper gag.LOL priceless and well worth the heat. Wish I had it on video.

Duct tape a paint roller to your backpack blower with a couple of rolls of TP. Pull the trigger and watch out. My Ninety yr old customer was in tears. With heat like this, you need to keep it fun.

Hot one here as well today and all week.
Just finished 3 days of solo climbing and felling to open up a vista and remove some mistletoe. Then solo drag on a slippery slope down to a newly paved and quite hot driveway to chip it all.. Got paid and feel like I have had my butt whooped. Making some chicken parmesean and salad with ranch for dinner. Wish I had AC.

Iam trying to get down to Rhody this weekend to do a rec climb with Swindude and a couple of guys. One of our newest, Adam P is bringing his. I cannot wait to checkit out.

Wow what a FREAKIN WEEK. Got slammed last Friday by a huge storm. Worked 7 days in heats of up to 106. Came home to no power and stinky ass house (Joy) . Finally got power yesterday. Been feeling bad for a few weeks and went to doctor today and was diagnosed with limes diseases, 6 weeks of anti biotics and not allowed to be in the sun. Good luck with that....... Why do we always have to have tons of work when its so hot out?? Butch found a new trick, Ive got some different cooling packs that I can put in my helmet, boy it feels good for about 30 mins. Ill post a picture in the heat thread...

I'm telling ya, in my old age, I'm scared to death of this shit. Healthy people are dropping dead every day from it.

Paul look into Japanese Knotweed extract. It will help immensely. My four yr old got Lyme as did my wife as well as Babesiosis. It is no cure all and definitely not tasty, but really helps. Do it sooner than later. Check with your local herb shop.

Sorry to hear that Paul.

Heck of a week here, we got the tail end of the bad wind storm, had a few calls from it, nothing too bad. Working in this heat can be rough some days, I drink water and gatorade like no other. No way am I chancing dehydration. Heat is really getting to little bro, he stayed home yesterday and didn't do much at work today either. Our other guy is getting sick from a virus his son has, so he wasn't up to much either today, so it was pretty much Dad and I most of the day. Around 2 we called it quits cause the radiator on the chipper sprung a good leak and it started heating up quick, chippers down till at least Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning, looks like the dump trailer will see a good load of brush Monday morning.

Good news for today is I picked up my car from the shop, got the APR chip installed and all the programming and tuning done. Lot more horsepower and torque in my GTi now, and much more responsive, loving every second of it. Would like to get it on a dyno and get some numbers to see how much the chip really helped it.

Back