How'd it go today?

I hear you, but still feel it would be hypocritical of me to do what I've bitched about other's doing in the past.

Andy, if you are able to work and earn a living wage, then work.

But, if you are physically not able to... then that's what Social Security disability is for.

I won't ever tell anyone if they are able to work or not... that decision is 100% on you.

I agree with Dennis. If you can make a couple bucks workin on saws or dropping some trees, that is great, if you cannot afford to pay attention doing it , that is not. I am not one to live off the system myself, but if Need be then Need be. I wish you luck.

Today - hazard deadwooded a black oak, some light pruning a hickory, and a honey locust (ouch).

And, the babies left the Shop Shelf Nest today:

6994265672_08e1b7585e_z.jpg

poop everywhere :(

O Lawdy do I know about bird poop .That young male cardinal is testing my patience still my attacking his reflection in the windows .I didn't know one little red bird could chit so much .Mrs Smith wants me to pop a cap in his ear but I'm refraining--for the moment .I think that little fellow has a backed up load or something .:what:

We have a little blue colored bird liking his reflection in the window and trying to mate with it. Funny thing also was... when a female showed up, he fought himself for her... Then watched the other couple in the window doing it the same time they were. Katy was LHAO :lol:

It's just a pattern with cardinals ,male and female .The damned things are nutz .They are what I consider a handsome bird though and I really don't want to shoot one .

They are very smart. It took me a lot of effort to exterminate them. I would slide the window open slowly and stick a .22 out. They'd fly off quickly as the window started to open. So I got frustrated after a dozen attempts and shot them with a shotgun as they tried to fly away.

I don't know if you saw this when I posted it before...gets really interesting at about 2:45
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NhmZBMuZ6vE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice of the neighbor to help out with the LZ Willard. I usually have to fight for a neighbors co-operation unless it threatens their house as well...:lol:
I went back this morning and helped the customer's neighbor with the final cleanup of rakings and also got the "after photo" that I didn't take yesterday.
One of the 3 spruce was the neighbors and the customer paid for it seeing it had butt rot in it and was leaning towards his garage.
Here I'm showing the before pic and after,
2 of the stumps, the 3rd stump is in the neighbors flower bed with a black statue sitting on it.
The 75 yr old neighbor said he will buck up his tree as this photo shows [I limbed and chipped the brush].

When he said that he says "I got a real good saw" and went to his garage to get it, my eye brows were raised as the last photo shows.

Attachments

• SDC11904.jpg
    SDC11904.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 7
  • SDC11905.jpg
    SDC11905.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 8
  • SDC11906.jpg
    SDC11906.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 6
  • SDC11919.jpg
    SDC11919.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SDC11907.jpg
    SDC11907.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 21
Crows are smart .I 've said before I'd open up on them with the old Marlin goose gun at about 100 feet until they got smart and gained altitude when they flew over .At 200 feet all I got was a few black feathers .On the other hand old brer crow doesn't fly too good with half his wing feathers blown away on one wing .Actually crows are the only bird I have an ought with .

Andy, if you are able to work and earn a living wage, then work.

But, if you are physically not able to... then that's what Social Security diability is for.

I won't ever tell anyone if they are able to work or not... that decision is 100% on you.

I've grossed between $3-4k this year, vs the $30-40k I've made in years past, vs the $75k I made at my last job.
Well, I'll start a thread elsewhere.

I have never understood how a grown man can wantonly kill animals. Oddly crows are one of my favorite birds. Smooth move clowns.

Crows are one of my favourite birds as well, and they are smart.

People shoot vultures and eagles as well, and hate sharks.:scratch:

The whole place would be a mess without them.

Be better to shoot some people.
They are the ones messing the place up!

Back