How'd it go today?

My buddy Mike does jobs like that all the time, Dennis. Sometimes you've just gotta help people a bit.

Excellent.

Good one, Dennis.

Free is great, but you worked hard and took risks, financial, physical, and otherwise. You deserve something, in addition to good karma.

Man, I though my "ANY TREE ON THE GROUND $599!!" add on craigslist was lowballing, I mean if I am making it hard for the real companies imagine what its like competing with Dennis, working for karma!!

Good show, Dennis...Often I will help seniors out a LOT more than I would a younger more able customer.

Just worked in the shop, but i went to finish some repairs on some folk's saws, and found out the Stihl dealer that I made a fifty minute drive to yesterday, sold me the wrong sprocket/clutch housing for an 020, and the wrong diaphragm set for another saw's carb. i clearly told him what i needed. Got to love that....

No I personally don't do that. If its worth $1000, Id be upset to be missing the $400. But that's alright, everybody has their own style, and their own overhead.

Yup.
They are sitting among the weeds in my back yard.
I'll mail them back, if he misses them.

That loss of sarcasm/irony detection seems to happen regularly around the House.:)

Don't take it personally. I'll be back to normal quickly. My doc put me on these pills as an aid to quitting smoking. They are not for me, at all. I'm not one to take these kind of pills, but I figured I'd give it a try. I have no sense of humor, my mind is racing, and I cannot sleep at all. I absolutely will never again in my life take these things again. The last dose I took was yesterday, and while I am getting back to normal today, it isn't happening fast enough.

Last night I was out of my mind with racing thoughts, jitters, and anxiety. To anyone considering quitting smoking, I would strongly recommend other methods like the patch, gum, etc. I had a bad feeling about this shit beforehand, and I should have listened to my gut. No harm done, just a rough and horribly uncomfortable 3 days.

How do you know you can do 2 of those per day? There's no set size, species, condition, or limit of obstacles underneath.

He didn't say anything in his ad about not breaking anything. At that rate, I might be able to squeeze 3 in before lunch. Especially if they have a head lean!!

Ya, I've had a little goofy spell lately. They are always followed by a good run in my experience. I'm not stressing.

I am looking to quit smoking though. I'm going to give it a few days and start the patch. I've reached that point of being frustrated by the habit. The money, the smell, the inability to do a single thing without ensuring I have my smokes handy. It's a prison.

Got to visit a couple of old friends today. That Manzanita we righted from a year ago last winter, and a canyon live oak/golden cup oak.
Just changed the bandages on the manzanita... as you can see, HO has been mulching. We have to move the slings and guys every year due to the thin bark.
Maintenance prune on the oak. I think the HO is going to have me cable a section of the tree. Giving her the estimate tonight. I took it over a few years ago. It had either lost a couple major laterals from storm or previous owner.
Seth worked hard and lounged up in the big comfy spot when I was done with my measuring. :)

I remember your pics from then. I have never seen manzanita that big! Jealous. It is kinda protected here.

No worries, Chris.
We just enjoy jerking your chain a bit.

I'll ship your sense of irony back to you before I hit it with the lawnmower.
Probably frig up the blades in a most terrible way.:lol:

By the way. I've been working to teach my right hand man how to bore cut a tree lately. I am weary of him doing it. He is strong as an ox and stands 6' 2" tall, but for some reason i cannot get through to him about handling the saw with authority and confidence as he starts to enter that bar tip into tree. He let's the saw hop and dance. The chain is smooth as glass and razor sharp, but he just doesn't seem to handle the saw with firmness to keep the cut smooth and safe.

Gorgeous day here today. Washed my pickup all pretty. Went motoing at the sandpit for a bit. Picked up some lumber at the farm, then looked at a maple hanger the guy thought was going to cost $50 to remove, he said "We're both clearly on different wave lengths"

We sure are!

I get tired of that insult. WTF does $50 get you on property upkeep? Anymore you'd be lucky to get a neighborhood kid to weed wack for that much. People like to undervalue your skills, and overvalue theirs.

I just tell them it will fall under my $200 minimum. If I happen to be working next door on a real job then I might come over and handle it for as little as $100 but that would be the exception rather than the rule.

Back