How'd it go today?

Awesome to hear about multiple women after you for a bit there. I had that going on when I was 20, but I was far too drunk during that time frame to manage that situation properly.

I am going to put in a bid for a muni sub position today I hope it pans out things have been pretty slow around here for me.

Sorry to hear {read}, Joel. I've had pinched spinal nerves twice, T5 (years ago) & T7 (last year) - AAAWFUULL! Can't remember what triggered the first one. The chiropractor thing helped for a few hours. The last one was a simple but HARD trip backwards. I got a script for muscle relaxer - nothin' - no help. Both times, a few days of light duty to let the local swelling around the nerve go down and I was good to go. Hope you're so lucky -- ain't nothin' like luck.

Hang in there my friend - good luck & take it easy for a while. :drink:

I gave up on Chiropractors. I have a ritual now that really works. It not only works to relieve back pain, but just about any major joint pain. I bought these inversion boots a couple years ago. After some trial and error, this is how I do it. After I get home from work, I stretch for a good 10-15 minutes, and then invert for anywhere from 1-6 minutes...I am trying to build up my time. I also have a neck traction device that I hang from. VERY important to stretch first as I threw my back out terrible once from having tight quads and hams that pulled my back out of whack...had a hell of a time getting myself down. Anyhow, I definitely recommend, just be careful, and do some reading up on this. Here are the links to the devices:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/390408911548?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar
http://www.neckpro.com/invent.html

Good to read you Justin! It seems once you give up on looking then you can't beat them off with a stick, but while you are looking you can't find anything worthwhile!
Joel, Advil/Ibuprofen is the number one thing, second is ice! Ice it down for about 15-20min, wait an hour and repeat. You don't want to ice it so much that it's numb, although that does feel good sometimes, but it helps pull the inflammation down. A soak in a warm tub with Epsom salt doesn't always hurt either! But the main thing is to take it easy for a couple of days and let things settle back down. The more you do, the more it's going to scream at you, and it will start screaming louder and louder!

I soaked in epsom salt bath last night. It seemed to help my aches. I don't know if it was the placebo affect or if it really helped. I'm a sore cat this week.

Repaired a riding mower today .That went good .

Attempted to cut a stump .That went bad .Fought with a fairly new MS 660 .The saw won ,won't start .Blew the muffler cover off an 038 Mag .That I did get fixed .

Some days you win ,some you lose ,some you about break even .

Now check this out .I'm a jerking on this damned thing and it pulls over like it doesn't have a piston in it .WTF says I .For some reason the choke was set already like somebody had tried to start it .Off to the garage I go to pull the muffler and see if the thing was toast . No freaking spark plug .

Sooo I found a plug and still jerked on the rascal til my arm about fell off .It's Tom's saw now why pray tell he pulled the plug out is a mystery to me .

I'll figure out what's wrong with it after I regain my composure .At the moment I'm pouting .Mumble grumble ---

Bizarro indeed.

Well I need to get out and prep my bucket for it's CVI tomorrow morning. Not much to do but I always shoot everything full of grease and clean it up before it goes in. Helps I think, can't hurt anyways.

Tell ya what lubrication is the cheapest and most effcient preventative maintainance you can do .Couple bucks worth of grease could save you thousands down the road .

Hope that new crew keeps working out for you Squish. Happy the climber has thus far :)

New view from the rear patio for my new clients. Still have a couple more days over there in some rocks on the side of the house. Felled a slender gray pine off a ponderosa and that impressed the HO. Silly really.. 20" DBH and about 60-70 foot high. Just trying to keep it out of the fires and the top out of the creek and neighbors trees. I should have bored the back cut to the hinge due to the goofy lean and bends of the tree and it went before I could straighten the hinge by back cut. Ended up a tad tapered and maybe 6 or 7 degrees out which placed it on one side of a little pondo instead of the other. Stig would have had my arse for rubbing the little guy. :lol: HO did not know any better... so ......:/:
Might have got a couple more jobs off the neighbors. See what happens.
Kind of digging this panorama thing on Rob's Xoom.

Attachments

• 2012-04-27 15.28.10.jpg
    2012-04-27 15.28.10.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 12
Had a neighbor start bitching about my music at 8:15 tonight, I was doing good to drown out the band practicing down the road. Mind you, I'm pretty easy going, you need me to turn it down and ask, I will. You want to get passive aggressive, I will! I saw a nice Pioneer set up at a garage sale this am, it's going to be mine tomorrow! Then I'll learn how to tie two systems into one, and don't think for a second I wont!
Wanna play nice, I'll play nice, want the bull, don't think for a second you won't get the horns! I'm done with douchebaggery!

Back