How'd it go today?

Those splitters don't do bad at all .Unless they've changed them though the weak link is the 5/8" bolt used for the pin between the cylinder rod and the wedge which breaks from time to time .

Holiday today, Anzac Day our Veterans Day.

At least it stopped raining for the march, but it got cold. Didn't do much just a bit of maintenance, wore myself out yesterday doing two jobs making up for the rain.

Craned out 11 Cotton woods, two small Sweet Gums....and not one damn picture....:lol:

With a crane on the job, you should have ample time for pictures, coffee, texting, etc. It's not like they charge you by the hour.

I had the same problem yesterday. Dropped 11 Green Ash, 24" dbh, by 50 to 65 ft tall. The camera would not work for the help. Got to prove that a good hand sharpening job will hold up if you stay out of the dirt. Got ll trees, limbed and cut up and 11 stumps cut off and the saw was still cutting straight and reasonably fast. The kicker was that these trees had all been soaked in muddy flood water last July, so a little dust flew off of every cut. 365 Husky with a 24" bar, Oregon semi chisel chain.

Ain't it great. I could tow mine behind the quad into some pretty goofy spots. Trailer dolly can put it all over the place. Towing and trying to back it up with only mirrors kind of sux.. but you can just get it close and wheel it in where you need it.

Spent most of the day doing nothing! I was recouping from yesterday, I tlilled up the front yard, leveled it, seeded and fertilized it. Raking in all the seed and feed really hurt me!
But I went over to pick up some of my tools from the house project, before they close and all! Then I found out I inherited one of these, http://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/.../deep-cut-variable-speed-band-saw-kit/6232-21 Things just seem to get stranger day by day in my world!

First "real" residential logging job in ages. 5 firs, one rotten dying hemlock. No pics (so did it happen??) Well, I did stand on the chip truck roof and video Pat felling the last stick (with his phone), a 70 footer. It landed with my one mighty and ear splitting smack, flat as a pancake in the dirt. Pelted the house with mud. Missed the gun by 2-3 feet, on the side of caution away from the house, but a mere 5 feet shy of the neighbor's fence. 2 loads of chips, about 2500 bd feet, which will prolly get trucked all the way to Manke in Tacoma, as the Everett sort yard Formark is being mighty stingy these days with their $, I hear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tztiX39KCxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did a freeby cleanup of a broken tree at the hot spring place by my shop. Only took thirty minutes or so.... I said i would do it if they would let me and a bud, put in the bid on some badly needed removals, maybe twenty in all. Got an agreement on that, but the guy must have said three times, "I only want the real dangerous ones cut". Cool, but they are all at least borderline dangerous in a storm with their lean and locations, or just mangy trees with no purpose but to crowd, Then there is the top half of a tree nearly completely broken off and insecurely held up by another tree, from the recent heavy snow. In an area where people might easily walk.....and die. I told him that he had better put up some tape and signs to stay out, like now, having been freaked cleaning up under it earlier with some wind about. "Oh, yeah, been meaning to do that". You can't buy common sense sometimes.

Hopefully they do something with that before someone gets hurt Jay.

Well I've got a full 'crew' now. I hired another guy, so today I'm playing big boss man. Staying home, unless the rain stops then I've got a job I'll start on my own today.

Back