How'd it go today?

@ reddog, That'd never happen around here. A forester would suggest that. But the local loggers have no mercy. They'll jump on anything.

Stig, I can visualize that incident soooo easily happening :(.

Logging work sounds mighty fine, show us pictures when you get the chance, for sure!

got blood drawn and returned insulation blower this am then headed out to funeral. didn't make it in time for the visitation and funeral had already started, I was running late for the dentist so signed the book and grabbed a donation card:|:.

Had 2 teeth extracted and now just taking it easy; don't feel like doing much after putting so many hours in on the house the last few days, so that part of the plan is working anyway. Went back on blood thinners tonight and have to keep giving myself shots until they take more blood on Monday.

One bright spot...I've picked up two 40 acre plots and one 100 acre plot for maintenance of woodlands and roadways. All three have quite a bit of work to do but no rush and can schedule things here and there over an extended period of time if I choose. Nice to always have a back-up place to work when things free up.

A Happy ending

Mrs Smith made some calls today and found the owner of the goldie .They were about a mile directly behind me the way the crow flies .

Those little kids were just overjoyed to be reunited with the pup and likewise was the dog .All's well that ends well .:)

That vid shows the difference between the protection given by old chaps and new ones, but doesn't explain why. Are the old ones pre kevlar filled, or kevlar weakens when it gets old, or maybe oil affects it?? I wonder what my old forestry worker green chaps are filled with, being quite old. Some brown fiber material appears in the few nicks.

Nice Stig! Sounds like an awesome time!

Cool FS Stephen! Looks like a double braid rigging line to me that its made out of.

Long but fun day today. Pruned two large Pin Oaks, Dad helped a bit on one but I did most of it and the majority of the other. We let our ground guy come up the bigger of the two and make a few cuts and get a feel for a bigger tree. I'm pretty much spent, lotta climbing this past week, more than I've had in awhile lol, but I'm loving every second of it.

Also got my wiring harness installed and bolts all tightened up on my new hitch on my car, so I'm pretty much set to leave Sunday to go pick up Carl's mini and the trailer. I'm psyched, finally getting a mini woot!

It's an ORCA Stephen. It is a feature of that carabiner. it makes rigging it up a bit easier. You can set it in the ready position without having to fumble with the lock, as soon as it closes it locks.

Ha visiting dogs aye .Oh we have our share .One of the neighbors had a big male boxer ,Max .That dang dog seemed to know when I was moving my firewood stacks ,here he came .Every so often a possum will hybernate under the stacks .Old Max had them in a second .

Now he had a bad habit of digging for moles .Mrs Smith would broom him after the back yard looked like digging the Panama canal .:lol:He played hell with the flower beds too .

Cool FS Stephen! Looks like a double braid rigging line to me that its made out of.

Yes... it looks like Stable braid.. Dave did a real nice job on the spliced eyes and the components are top notch. Lilly sure likes it... I was lucky to sneak out with it this morning. She had it in bed with her... :lol:

It's an ORCA Stephen. It is a feature of that carabiner. it makes rigging it up a bit easier. You can set it in the ready position without having to fumble with the lock, as soon as it closes it locks.

Ahhhhhhh. You can see it was machined to hold the twist lock open.. cool.. I was hoping to get to play on it today and the HO sent me up some Pondos. I did not want to get it all pitchy. I do have a large oak coming up I think it should go play in :D

Nice Stig! Sounds like an awesome time!

Long but fun day today. Pruned two large Pin Oaks, Dad helped a bit on one but I did most of it and the majority of the other. We let our ground guy come up the bigger of the two and make a few cuts and get a feel for a bigger tree. I'm pretty much spent, lotta climbing this past week, more than I've had in awhile lol, but I'm loving every second of it.

Also got my wiring harness installed and bolts all tightened up on my new hitch on my car, so I'm pretty much set to leave Sunday to go pick up Carl's mini and the trailer. I'm psyched, finally getting a mini woot!

You will love the mini, probably one of the best pieces of equipment we have ever bought. I assume you got it with the BM grapple?

Sure looks like a Pirate...made by Rock Exotica, Dave?

It is a Pirate, just the ORCA version. Expert only as Rock says. It is an mirror of the Oval, D, and Pirate. Only difference is the enhanced gate function.

It is a Pirate, just the ORCA version. Expert only as Rock says. It is an mirror of the Oval, D, and Pirate. Only difference is the enhanced gate function.

Ahhh...thanks, Dave. I'll have to do a little research on that, first I've heard of it. Been available long?

Quite interesting, definitely a product that requires full understanding of the functional characteristics by the user.

http://www.rockexotica.com/products/carabiners/ORCA.html

Is Wesspur carrying them?

I have a pair of antique Black Diamond carabiners that have a locking mechanism I've never seen on another 'biner. This ORCA reminds me of them, though the mechanism is completely different. In one position of the barrel, the gate is free to swing open/close. Twist the gate to a second position and the gate is locked. No auto function, but almost (but not quite) impossible for a moving rope to unlock. I ought to take some pics and post them :).

The ovals are nice, too...a perfect match for the Hitchclimber pulley, allow you to rotate the biner 180 degrees so it's easy to clip to harness bridge.

Oh man, almost forgot about the rake!! lol, thats gonna be sweet.

And yeah man, hoping it pays for itself. Since Dad was still on the edge about getting one, I figured I'd take the plunge on it, knew we could use it on so many things, definitely gonna help increase production around here.

Back