How'd it go today?

Nice, Willie.

I'll practice on the cats. They should put up a good fight. :)

Oh yeah, we worked our malicious plan to keep a park patron trapped for a long, long time yesterday (insert evil laugh here).:evil: Just ask the crazy dog walker lady:|:.

Nothing to do with working in a near empty park with a dead, rotten hemlock with annosus rot and the hinge not holding. The whizzy was defeated by our evil, even. Wouldn't swing off the lean. 32" tree started to sit down on the bar when I cut the lean side of the backcut with 8" of the tip of the bar, in order to cut the backcut from the other side with a 28" bar. Hinge ripped with about 8" thickness, falling into the road, instead of the parking spaces adjacent to the road.

Should be in interesting "investigation" of a patron complaint from HQ. She was probably partially pissed because we were killing perfectly fine trees. Man, are we A-holes!! P1080799.jpg P1080800.jpg

Well, it was either that, or I'd already faced up the tree when she came driving along after walking her dog. She had to wait no more than 10 minutes. She'd be equally pissed if we closed the whole park any time we had to do some public safety work, I mean killing healthy trees.

Does everyone use disposable diapers, or some folks wash them still? I still see diapers on the line at various houses, sometimes. Some say they are better because kids find the cotton diapers uncomfortable when wet, so they will want to stop using them faster. Little known fact of history..
I think I can still recall the feeling of wet cotton diapers....yuck.

Been playing with this toy all day.

s1.JPG

It's ok on little stumps but my arms are not really happy. Quite heavy to move around. Gotta go back tomorrow to plant some Hornbeams.

I had the chance to try this protective mask I bought at a shop that is selling also military stuff...

s2.JPG

Not bad, quite comfortable, even if I've been having this strange feeling all day, like if Obi-Wan could attack me at any moment... :/:

Yesterday they gave me that flip shifts nonsense from 6PM to 6 AM .I did however find time to fix the oil leak on my splitter which Tom is using at the moment in addition to his .

Geeze he's down to about 20 cords left to sell and winter just started .Just the way it goes I guess .He should have kept it all not just the ash ,oak and hickory .I'll bet he could sell 200 cord if he had it .He only started out with 50 -60 .

A full size diaper is good to soak in hot water, wring out a little, lay it over the entire windshield and let it sit. Softens up the dried on bugs so they wipe off without scrubbing. Scrubbing a bug on plastic can sometimes etch the finish.

Not 100% positive but once cut they may pill (hope that is the right term) get the fuzzy lint is another just to clarify. Woke to a cancel so of to get the band saw I hope to convert to mill.

I finally had enough of dealing with the trucking company that got a truck stuck in my lawn before x-mas by mail and phone.

I've sent the guy pictures of the damage, no response.

Sent him a mail last week asking if he thought the lawn was going to fix itself if he just kept sticking his head in the sand like an ostrich, no reply.

When I talked to him on the phone, he was an arrogant bastard.

So took two hours out of a busy day and paid him a visit this morning ( he lives about an hours drive away).

That worked just fine.

Im getting my lawn fixed next week:)

I just asked him real politely if it wasn't hard to run a big trucking company when your e-mail isn't working.

I have a special chilly smile for situations like that.

It is so easy to be tough on the phone, a lot harder when standing face to face with a big guy with a psycotic smile:lol:

Glad that worked out for ya Stig.

Got the bandsaw home put some power to the motor after a air chuck cleaning and it checks out nice. Off the top of anyone's head got a lenght on standard woodmiser band lenths? This takes a 138-140 in bands uploadfromtaptalk1326392227783.jpg

Back