How'd it go today?

Good day here, worked at a church today, doing some clearing and chipping. Pruned one tree and cut down a few others. Quite a bit of chipping. They had a lot of volunteers there and they were ripping into a bunch of honey suckle, so we spent most of our time chipping that.

I like iced coffee too. Very refreshing pick up on a hot day. Has to have cream in it though. The vending machines here sell more canned coffee than anything else, hot and cold. Not including the beer machines. It varies from thin black to sweet syrupy.

Attachments

• js011.jpg
    js011.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1
Really? They don't have the Starbucks iced coffees in IL? I never looked, but every convenience store here has them.

Yeah yeah you are right, I forgot about the super sugar starbucks cans. The cans Jay posted actually look like real (black) coffee in a can, and I don't know if I have seen those here.

Impromptu cat rescue, doug-fir.

Cat was on the first branch, 30'.

One awkward trunk-cinch spurless ascent from the top of the ladder to the cat.

Lower out, clutching Lucey.

How much to cut that tree down?

Wedge tree into submission, opposite the lean, with the Gentle Persuader, out into a field after spurless ascent.

:|:

Wedge tree into submission, opposite the lean, with the Gentle Persuader, out into a field after spurless ascent.
Some of you guys are quite creative:)

Trevin and I installed our Gravenstein apples today after they sat here for 2 weeks tied up. They will be done espalier later this winter. Had to do a little preventitive de-girdling but other wise nice trees

Attachments

• 2011-11-20 13.29.08.jpg
    2011-11-20 13.29.08.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2011-11-20 13.49.43.jpg
    2011-11-20 13.49.43.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 2
That cold coffee must be a New England thing .

Today I hauled my splitter to town for young Tom to use to split up a mountain of wood along with his own machine . His swallowed the carb float and died while I was there .Took the carb off and the float had broken the solder connection to the shut off lever .Back to the house to solder the float .Running again with two on line and got about 5 cords give or take .Seen better but not bad considering .

Spent the day tearing out moldy cabinets and sheetrock... I'm done for!

I get to do the same thing tomorrow. :barf: Maybe soon, I can start repairing dry-rot and termite damage, after I get the core of the house shored up and a roof put on. :roll:

I went here:

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

And then I went here:

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg