How'd it go today?

Good deal Pat!
LMFAO Erik! I was always the one that got bitched at for being on the phone rather than just fixing shit, well I not only got it done faster, cheaper and had the people that supplied the equipment happier, but bosses don't seem to get that, you are on the phone not doing anything "RIGHT NOW" to make the situation any better. It's stupid!

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE Dodge trucks today, I'll leave it at that.

Had been having some weird pains in my stomach at a night, so I went and had a fiberscope exam. Nothing showed but a little irritation. Pretty heavy exam, that black tube through your throat isn't fun, but I think that the doctor that gives it to me is about as good at it as is possible. The nurse said that I was good at it too. 8) It's strange seeing the inside of your guts while having it done. Very definitive exam regarding the stomach, but it would be nice if they could make the hose smaller. The doc said I am pretty inside. :roll: Pretty amazing tool, somehow the camera can look back and you see the hose and your stomach at the same time. Not worth worrying about, it only takes a few minutes, but try not to drool when they pull it out.

Andy, I'm gonna take a stab-in-the-dark guess you got the wrong ball joints again... :lol:

Nope, got the right ball joints, measured them in the store, spent four and a half hours, got the upper in, but I'll be damned if I can get the lower to go in straight!
I got mad and moved on, got the pitman arm off and the new one on, it was quiet the fight, then went to put the idler arm on, it's wrong. This thing just flat hates me!

Finally Friday! I think i'm pretty well caught up finally. No bids ahead of me, one cancellation next week so we can tie up a few loose ends then just a couple weeks booked out. Feeling some relief, I can actually go hunt tomorrow morning:)

Got our living room carpet torn out and half of the replacement laminate floor installed last night. Got it all cleaned up enough that its not a disaster/ construction zone upon waking up for a cup of coffee and time by the wood stove.

We got snow last night, so I don't know whether or not I'll start a new job this morning. Would like to, but don't need to. Might be able to get tow-behind lift on Monday afternoon, as it is the rare bucket-accessible jobs that I come across.

Had a good first solid week as a sole proprietor and just made some gravy this morning on a nice drop only bit of treework. Climbed and took down 2 pines and 2 fir trees, trimmed one from a service and felled two more. Got vids and pics to come, or so the homeowner says.

Had a nice fell, shot a plumb 24" pine between two fenceposts...a thread the needle shot 8' gap. I was running through the latest Working Climber series in me head the whole time. Lots of good info, a great series for guys like me who don't have a heck of a lot of felling under their belt. Had to put it sidehill a little, and it didn't even slide into the fence. Pretty happy. Then I felled a slight backleaner. Scared the HO's because it set back as I sawed the backcut. Obviously I already had a wedge in it so it wasn't going over backwards, but when I was shown the vid of it, wifey starts to panic a little when the tree set back. Hah! Took a little convincing with the wedges, but a satisfying fall.

Time for a boys weekend, the wife is curling!

Nice day today.

Did some running around in the morning, got home and did a bid. Grabbed two brand new fiberglass ladders from a tag sale for $55. One 6' and one 8', brandy new.

Got the my house and the floors were totally finished. Boiler installed and ready at the turn of a valve, and Steve and I replaced the chimney flashing with all new lead. Looks awesome.

Good day.

Not much today .The grand children with my son came for a visit .Oliver the little boy is kind of like a fart in a hail storm .I can tell already that kid is going to be a born mechanic .Wonder where that came from .:?;)

Good to hear you are doing well Dylan. (I hope I got that right:|: ) I was just having a discussion last night with a friend of ours that just went out on his own with a cleaning business. He is pretty much dumb founded by how much business he is getting just getting started. The competition fails so badly at being consistent and conscientious that for a business that shows up, does a good job and returns phone calls, well you have the picture. He is now opening a landscaping division in his company (only 3 months in and there is suck a call for it at the accounts he already has) and is going to sub us in on the tree work :D
Young couple with a kid, I was miles of smiles hearing about his successes :)

Had a little job I had on the books for a while since they were waiting toward end of tourist season to lift a couple of pondos. Since my slings for the cabling job were not here yet I figured I would just go do something simple solo. Lowered two limbs over the pool to the HO and he stacked the brush. Then I bombed the rest. This is his vacation rental, B&B type home. He also works at the local dealer. I have been telling him and some other guys there about the Wraptor for a few years now it seems. He got to see it in action. He likes to talk, so how much he was impressed by it should get around real quick. He throws a lot of business our way.
Got to sit down and have green tea with him and his wife after the trees were done. Kind of felt like I was Jay at one of his jobs :)
Went down into town and bought some food to give to one of the food banks here. Little holiday thing we all do here every year.
Bought some stuff to make some tacos with for us tonight.
Just a really nice day, no rush or hassle.. Kind of a chilled relaxed pace. :)

Do they still serve you a coffee with cream and sugar if you order a "regular" coffee back east? That threw me for a loop back when... :lol: California, a regular coffee in places I went to was a size, not a flavor :lol:

There ya go...
Then there is a malted, a milk shake.... pop.... little stuff that a westerner has to learn.

My favorite culture shock moment was my red headed fiancée from RI... I brought her out to meet the folks. (The So. Cal guys will get this) Coming from LAX back to the San Fernando Valley through Sepulveda Canyon on the 405 N. She looks up at the tops of the hills at the Italian Cypress tress and shouts.... (And I will do my best with the typed accent) Oh Mah Gawd! Look at thah Cigah Trees!!!!!! I thought my dad was gonna loose his coffee out his nose :lol:
She had never seen one before....

Back