How'd it go today?

Be careful I would think your "salts" are off having skipped lunch. I do love a beer after a hard day it seems to make it worth it.

I had a late day today, my wife had my 2 youngest bathed by the time I got home, it is usually my job. All I have left is tuck in time. It's awesome to have a good woman!

Katy is seven days right now (all this semester save for holidays) so its......
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:cmt.com:34663/cp~artist%3D508106%26vid%3D34663%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Acmt.com%3A34663" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Tags: <a href="http://www.cmt.com/videos/lonestar/34663/mr-mom.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Mr. Mom</a>, <a href="http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/lonestar/artist.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Lonestar</a>, <a href="http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/lonestar/videos.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Lonestar Videos</a></p></div></div>

EXCEPT I STILL HAVE MY JOB! :lol:

OMG I'm glad it's Friday! Even though we had a holiday on Monday and rained out on Wednesday we kicked ass the 3 days we did have so boss (me) is happy!!

Now I'm drinking a beer getting ready to go deer hunting in the morning... oh yeah!

Hey bambi, tell your dad to watch his ass cuz I'll be looking for him tomorrow!;)

:D

Nice Willy... at least the critters don't care that you're a slacker. Hehe:P

Good luck tomorrow bro!

I always thought deer season in Colorado was the last part of October .At least it was when I made that jaunt of 1300 miles almost yearly .

Back then in western Kansas at 3-4 o'clock in the morning you couldn't even get reception on the FM radio .Just an endless black ribbon of asphault ,interstate 70 .

I went for a ride with a friend of mine over to NY to move some machinery around. We dropped off a mini excavator at one of his employees. They had a tornado there last weekend and he had a yard full of broken silver maples. There are two big timber framed barns in the yard and one of them got blown almost two feet sideways on the foundation.:O I'd like to know the amount of force per square foot that it took to move, yet not explode, that barn. I don't think a non timber barn could have survived. I think the town was Craneville, NY.

tornadobarn.jpg

Saw a lot of flood damage along the Thruway, mostly along the Mohawk river.

Damn, there was some force behind that wind!!

A full day of climbing here, working for a friend of ours. Work out there on weekends alot. Mainly pruning today. Biggest thing was a large cherry leader broke out into another cherry and pin oak. Scariest tree I've done in awhile. This lead had a lot of weight on this other cherry lead, so the whole time it was in the back of my mind how it would react when i cut it. Would it spring back and knock me off, or just sit there, or what? It rocked and rolled when I made the final cuts, but nothing too major, not enough to throw me off. I was tied into the adjacent oak tree, so I had no fear of falling. Still scary as $hit though.

took down two small liquidambars at my grandmothers in orinda. floppers, with my wife on the pull rope. she is a damn hard worker, i had to tell her to slow down. we had them down and cleaned up in an hour.

Rolling back to SC tomorrow. Quick trip to Clinton,Il to pickup the new to me bucket truck. Layover in Kentucky for the night. Pictures tomorrow!!

Took the kid to the trailer today and 'we' worked on it for about 5 hours then went home to supper of lefties. After supper we all watched how to train your dragon and then chilled out. A nice saturday. Tomorrow I get to re-waterproof the seams on the roof of the trailer, good times.

Rolling back to SC tomorrow. Quick trip to Clinton,Il to pickup the new to me bucket truck. Layover in Kentucky for the night. Pictures tomorrow!!

If I would have known you were going there I would have had you say hello for me! I picked up my truck last August. They sell quality, no bullshit.

I was out to Clinton a few years back on vacation. My bud works at the nuke plant there. We went to a biker hog roast, fished in the reservoir, drank beer, and tinkered on his house. I don't remember seeing bucket trucks for sale.

I picked the last basil in the greenhouse for pesto, fall is here.
I saw a large bunch of barnacle geese fly over yesterday evening, so winter has hit Svalbard.

Then I burned some cardboard and other stuff and decided to add my sleepingbag to the conlagration.
I've used it twice since coming home from California and each time been bitten all over by something.
Can bedbugs live in a sleepingbag, because it didn't feel like fleabites?

Anyway, the zipper didn't work, so time for a new one.
Be a good consumer and do my part to keep the wheels rolling:)

My daughters took me to the Modesto Symphony last night. It is an annual fundraiser for the Symphony that Gallo Wine puts on at the lawn outside their administrative building. It is called "Picnic at the Pops" and the theme was 70's music. Everyone spreads out a picnic spread out on the lawn and listens to the symphony. Very nice. Didn't get to bed until almost 11:00 though.

Attachments

• Photo1079.jpg
    Photo1079.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
Steve, sounds like a great evening. I used to love going to out door concerts like that. I got to see Sara Brightman one year in Phoenix like that. Sitting under the stars with beautiful music always makes me smile :)
Of course you had some awesome company to go with it :)

Im a lucky fella today. This white ash uprooted in the woods at my house so i figured on dicing it up and splitting to burn in my stove this winter, as opposed to taking from my sale pile of seasoned wood. I started at the top, cutting it all to firewood length. I made my way down to bigger wood, with caution, with no problems. I was dicing some rounds rounds off the trunk, again, with great caution, and the trunk just didnt seem to want to stand back up. I let the tree fool me into thinking that those upright roots werent wanting to fall back into the hole. I was wrong. Part way through a cut, I leaned over the trunk to have a look at where my bar tip was in relation to a rock under the tree, and as I did, the tree stood right up. Lifted me right off the ground 15 feet like a rag doll and dropped my down flat on my back on the ground. It even kept my saw up there with it.

Im not hurt, but my pride was. I knew I should have snipped the trunk right from the root base first. But, I was being a fool. I hate when I know better then to do something, and yet i do it anyhow.

100MEDIAIMAG0169.jpg

Back