How'd it go today?

Fo' sure!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iQ9IpB5HTxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then there was this carpenter nailing on a roof and smacking his thump with a hammer,split it wide open .He cussed and carried on and told his parder that was the third worse pain he had in his life .

Gee the other said what is worse than that .Well said the carpenter I was doing my business in the woods one day and sprunk a bear trap right on my 'nads ,that was the second worse .Oh what could worse than that .He replied ,when I hit the end of the trap chain .

Al, we grew up with the 2 holer behind he garage and the board walk. It was in the sheep pasture. Every time the wind blew it would tip over and a dumb sheep would fall in. Drop a rope around it and lift it out with the loader. We gave dad trouble about chipping his front teeth running down the walk to the outhouse. Of course he was chasing a sheep when he stepped on the frosty board, but who bothers with details in telling a good story. We had 2 piles of corn cobs, red on one side, white (popcorn) on the other. You used a red one, then a white to see if you needed another red one. That and the Sears catalog.

Actually had a great aunt and uncle in southern IL that used the manger in the barn (his) and the roosts in the chicken house (hers) until the late 60's or early 70's when they died. Did not see any need for the fancy plumbing. Both lived into 90's so they must have been right.

I just don't understand how someone uses a dried out, rough ass corn cob on their bunghole. No way!

hooked up my new desktop today, did tried doing some school work, picked up the house a bit, mowed some lawn, put in a couple hours on the banjo, watched a movie, now maybe some reading.....there is always more reading...

Went to the fair today. Kids, momma and I had some good fun. All of us are pretty tuckered out though. Today was the last day, so we could get unlimited ride tickets. WEEEEEEEEEE! :lol:
Back to work tomorrow.. Have an oak to play in :)

Well now on this cob business I'm not really sure but I think that's where the expression "rough as cob " came from .I've never had the misfortune of finding out .

Way back when though when you sold corn to the elevator they often times sent a portable sheller to the farm and shelled in on site which left a mountain of cobs .Most people burn them in the pile or used them for fuel in the stove .They burn real hot .

My dear old tough as a nail grandmother burned wood most of her life .She kept a basket of cobs and a coffee can full of coal oil in the kitchen to pep the fire up in the morning .The kitchen always smelled of kerosine .

That tough old gal split wood until she was in her 80's .Split her noggin too with an axe from hitting a clothes line .Outside that old farm house was always a pile of mill slab wood, a pile of cobs and and a pile of lump coal for as far back as I can remember .

Spent most of the week setting up the new computer and trying to get stuff installed to do my school work. Think I am good to go now, had to have an installation guy remotely install the stuff from ESRI (ARCMap).:|:

Just can't get over how much harder it is to get anything done or to find files on MS Windows than it is on my Mac. Takes at least three times as long to do anything and the new PC is supposedly the fastest thing they had at Best Buy. :roll:

Well, at least I can get my school work done for programming and GIS class now without spending hours in the computer labs at school.

Bought a membership at the local golf course between school and my house for next year. got it at this years price and they threw in the rest of this Fall for nothing.8)

Hot and heavy in the woods. Repaired a bent bar from trying Willy's technique. :D Got a piece of wood in my eye earlier in the day, and four or five hours later it finally came out in the shower. :|:

Picked up a couple saws today. 8)

022.jpg

then took the wife out to look at a car she ended up loving so spent another 4 grand...:|:
I'll be getting her pick-up in return for paying for the car though, so I'll have a truck now.:)

... "had hell" week in both my computer classes at school...

I'm slowly trying to return to a state of normalcy. I came home from my Anatomy lab yesterday, and my brother surprised me with a cellular internet package... I was hoping to not need it, but our insurance company is dragging their feet on our claim, and I was starting to fall behind in my classes(all online, except for 2 lab groups). It's not the fastest due to our location and no decent line of sight access to a cell tower(Sprint), but it gets the job done quite well overall. I have access ti the labs on campus, but unfortunately, it's a little hard to dedicate all of the time I need to at school, and having to run home and relieve folks sitting with my uncle, since he was released from rehab last Thursday.

Jeeps always need some kind of adjustment. Ultimate vehicle for those who love to tinker.

You are absolutely right Gerry... The old ones always leaked, ticked, whined.. and needed worked on.
The truth is noted here. I need to do some work on my uncle's Cherokee now. It needs the fuel regulator replaced(leaks fuel pressure down), and replace the O2 sensor, weld up an exhaust leak, and give it a tune up. I'd say it's running a bit rich at about 14-16 MPG on stock~ish sized tires, and enough of a rich condition to make your eyes water. :lol:

I slaughtered five cottonwoods, notch and drop, with the big wood left in 2 1/2 hours and I still smell like that stink.

It was a bazillion degrees today in Calistoga.
We removed three 50' sweetgums, multi leader over aluminum trailer homes.
Surrounded by aluminum patio sunshade shelters, right up to the trunks. Tons of GRCS.
Then the city of Calistoga showed up, apparently you need a permit for any tree over 12".
Made a ton of phone calls and my client went down there and straightened it out for me.
Scored another 3 days of work there for 4 of us, one day of Crane.

I'm beat, mild headache, drinking beer to try and fix it.

Tomorrow, is gonna be easier, prune an incense cedar and a walnut. and remove a tiny halloway juniper.

It was a bazillion degrees today

I'm beat, mild headache, drinking beer to try and fix it.

Put down the beer and drink some Gatorade, water, and maybe some electrolyte pills sounds like a mild case of heat stroke. Any dizziness or light headed tingling?

I'm good with it, I'm a pro. We hammered all day.
2 hour drive there, 7 hours straight treework, 2 hour drive home, no lunch, plenty of water.

My work mate, though tried to pass out on us today.
He tried rehab, didn't like it. he's hooked on Corona's (it's a super lite mexican beer).
Thank goodness, tomorrow is easier.

Back