How'd it go today?

The ones on my Lacrosse ice boots seem to be carbide or tungsten alloy. Something hard. I try to stay off the road and concrete, but that's not always possible. They lasted me a few years.

Those Japanese spike/shoes have just plain steel spikes?

Probably a hardened steel. I think normal steel would be too weak. They also have very hard rubber columns mixed in with the spikes. Maybe that is for rocks?

Our fire danger is level 3, partial shut down. Forgot till this am that our job was in a restricted area so the guys are doing maintenance in the shop. Probably wash trucks later

Probably a hardened steel. I think normal steel would be too weak. They also have very hard rubber columns mixed in with the spikes. Maybe that is for rocks?

I've been thinking a lot about those boots, Jay.

But as much as I would love them for being so light, I think after a lifetime in steel toed boots, I'd be leery of working without.

Go to Goodwill or something and get a pair of golf shoes .Throw them away after the job is done .Geeze whatever you do don't wear them in the house .Most women would frown on that .

Stig, the ones I wear have plastic toe inserts. I've never considered them risky for not being steel. Plastic is more modern, a gift to our lives from Monsanto!

In that case, I'm going to take you up on your offer.
I'd love to have a pair for logging in summer.
Beech trees get incredibly slibbery when wet, like they'd been soaped.

Hope they have your size, what is it? Do they sell socks with the big toe separated from the others? They are the best for the split toe boots, or the ones where all your toes are separated (warmer in the winter too I believe). Maybe regular socks can be sown that way.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!igE2LeoDlp2BNjNQL1Jdg~~3_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!igE2LeoDlp2BNjNQL1Jdg~~3_35.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 53
I might be able to get those socks in martial arts stores here or stores catering to Japanese.
One guy I make martial arts weapons for has a lot of Japanese contacts here.
I was aware of that problem.
European size 45 / US size 11,5

Big size for here, I'll have to check. Possibly a special order. I can probably get over there next week. A web size chart shows US 11.5 as European 46. That would be Japanese 29 or 29.5 depending. Probably best to go the larger if in doubt.

Weird!

I just grabbed a pair of my favourite Hi-tec boots and looked inside.

Said US 11,5
EUR 44,5

And it comes as no surprise that my feet are way bigger than those of most Japanese:lol:

No hurry, Jay, just do it when you pass by anyway.

Why don't you give me your foot measurement plus the extra that would be wanted for shoes, in cm. Hate to get something that wouldn't fit. Off to the woods......

said the heck with schoolwork today, ran a tank through the string trimmer, 338, and 460, each today. Happy with what I got cleared out and cut up. Been feeling a little low lately so figure a bit of exercise was in order. Left arm is telling me all about holding the 460 the last two days now...man am I out of shape :|:

spent 9 hours pruning a eucalyptus today. dont know what kind, but it was 80 ft tall and about as wide. bark smooth and whitish. two of us climbing. the job was time and materials, so i charged the client $3,030, ill probably hear it from the boss tomorrow.

Knackered here. 2 days of storm damage & some nasty & technical tree work - winds gusting up to 70 mph making climbing & falling fun . Finished at midnight last night & it wast 7pm today. Same again tomorrow.....

Beat here. Been at it 7 days straight so far. Today was a long one. Huge Honey Locust removal, lots of wood. Have to move majority of it by hand. Getting a skid steer Friday for the bigger stuff. Took a trailer load out already, probably two more to go including the big stuff. Dad and I traded off climbing. He took before lunch, I took after. We got one of two leads done, lines set for the other lead.

I loved my new 200T today. It was awesome in that dense Honey Locust. Loving it more and more every second I use it.

Also got my credit card in today to start building up my credit score. First thing going on it is a new set of boots, which I'll either pay off in full the first month, or pay half now and half later. Not going to go crazy with it and I want to keep it payed down. Its just there to build credit for me really and for emergencys.

I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling great right now. Worked the shitty M-W 730-400 job, that always sucks. After work it just got better and better. Had a guy try to beat me down on a cable install estimate, left there sticking to my guns. Whatever!

Went home and grabbed the moto bike, and hit the track. Did three good 20 min motos and felt great. Stopped for a brownie Mcflurry on the way home, delicious! I had to run to my house and button up a few things. I finally caved in and am ready to spend some money. I've got the guy hanging drywall tomorrow in my house. I'm freaking stoked!

Oh, I ordered a 200T to stash away (might order another next week), and I got an adapter plate for the mini loader to mount a pintle hook on to move around the chipper and log loader easier.

Back