How'd it go today?

18ace732-3049-6d9c.jpg

Here you go, Butch. It's not what you think!!

Picked up some new pruner poles and a saw blade this morning, then deadwooded a couple Maples and an Oak. Only had to climb one.

Tom was out just a little while ago .It seems he has some dead ash that must be huge .Like in 6 feet in diameter .Biggest he's ever seen and largest I've ever heard of .

Fired the 084 up which I knew would start .He's off to Ft Wayne Indiana to find a long bar because it's a sure fire bet he can't find one locally .If worse comes to worse he can use one of the 125 Macs with the bar in my avatar .

Not so much of a "worse" scenario, eh?

He's lucky to have you as a friend, Al. Point of fact, I am firmly of the opinion that anybody would be lucky to have you as their friend.
:thumbup:

Thanks for that .Tom and I have kind of a work together type thing .I can wrench on just about anything and he has the equipment I don't have plus an entire tree crew if I need them . I gotta see these trees .My next day off is Tuesday with my screwed up work schedual .If so I'll snap a few pics .

Now the kicker is all he has to do is drop and slice ,no haul away .Chip the brush,damned good price too and he didn't have to bid it .One is so big he had to use an 066 just to cut the danged limbs .Like 3 feet ,geeze .

Long day today. 15 minutes shy of a 12 hour day. Putting down seed and straw, and doing a shit ton of watering. Broke out the fire hoses today. Watering over 7000 square yards of sod in. Going back tomorrow starting at 6 in the morning to do it all again. Mostly just watering. Today we gave it a light dose, because thats all we had time for, since the seeding/strawing took up a lot of time.

Big upside to today was I got to drive the chip truck around the site a lot, dropping off straw and moving some things around. Been a few months since I had been able to seriously drive the chip truck(read manual transmission), but it was great. Don't have a problem hitting 2nd gear anymore, and I got reverse down pretty well. Now I just have to study for my CDL test and I'm golden. Have the medical card, can drive a manual transmission(for the most part, still some things that I need to learn.) Going for a Class B right now I think. We don't haul anything over 10k lbs.

My next chip truck will be an auto shifter, i'm sick of teaching the 5&2 and smelling cluch when guys are backing up

With the exception of the bucket, everything else is auto. I'm sick of rowing gears.

pish, you need to drive the crummy! You learn to drive, shift, pour coffee, talk on the radio and dodge log trucks at the same time:D

I have an allison in my bucket now. Love it. Especially for backing the chipper down steep driveways and such. Yep Willie, I've never been much of a multi-tasker.

Back