How'd it go today?

Left my car windows open last night so I could catch some of the rain this morning.:|: Then picked noon to go into town :roll:. Had lunch, got tires rotated, and made an appointment to have my eyes checked for new glasses (I've had my current pair about 5 years).
Spending the rest of the day checking out banjo videos looking for riffs to abscond with.:/:

Loggers are just nuts

Heh!:what:

I resemble that remark.:evil:

Going all out. Put in 9 on site today to takedown a bazillion trees on a no clean-up job. Some killer shots were made on the felling, plus bucket and climbing work. We just slayed trees all day. Nice tall trees for around here, many over 100'. I'm beat. Hope y'all had a good week.

Heh Brian how's things going man?

Just a little nuts. ;)

Spent most of the day at one of my brothers, now sitting at the drive-ins.

Class reunion of 45 years .Hard to believe how fast times flies .About 40 people of a class of 101 which isn't bad I guess .Seven passed away over the years .

Hmm time has been kind to some not so kind to others .Seems I've faired better than most .Clean living I suppose .:|:

You're doing a lot better than my class Al. I'm five years younger and we had a class of 100 even and 18 have passed away.

Nothing special, a day in the shop working with some tough material. Fed the vegetables. :roll: Sure is slow here tonight.

Filled up the bobcat for work tomorrow. Only to find out the pump stations auto cutoff is not automatic anymore. 5 gallons of diesel should clean the grease off the trailer, I guess.

Grilling steaks now!!

My bro and I replaced my cast iron waste pipes in the house with PVC today. Those chain breakers rock, rented it at HD for $25. I am lacking one coupler so I'll pick that up tomorrow and put the done stamp on that little project. I'll have to move a few copper lines this week, then hopefully get the sheet rock stacked in the house next week. Then it'll look like something!

I got to thinking about the now older ladies that were once young ladies from my graduating class at the reunion last night .

A startling revelation came to me .My arms shrunk in my old age .Seems I remember back when I was 16-17 years old I could almost wrap my arms around them twice .Can't do it any more .

Now that sucks.Your hair and teeth fall out ,now your danged arms get shorter .:?

I got to thinking about the now older ladies that were once young ladies from my graduating class at the reunion last night .

A startling revelation came to me .My arms shrunk in my old age .Seems I remember back when I was 16-17 years old I could almost wrap my arms around them twice .Can't do it any more .

Now that sucks.Your hair and teeth fall out ,now your danged arms get shorter .:?

:lol: it's probably just furniture disease: your chest sunk to your drawers....

:lol: I can't say I've ever heard of that one .Although that old Indian disease of lackanookie goes around every so often .That's bad too .

It's not you, Al, the ladies have likely put on some weight and increased their girth. Cudos to you for not noticing....always the consummate gentleman.

Well some of them still are cuties I'll have to say that . They just occupy more space .

On that though I noticed they've managed over the years to feed their husbands rather well also .

Hah,one who used to be a tall athletecically well propotioned cheer leader made a comment to the effect of the years .To which I replied in a whisper that there was just more of her to love which brought a smile to her face . I got a little peck on the cheek for that one .;)

She will probabley be a cute great grandmother when she's 80 and I'll most likely still be a BS artist .Some things never change .:)

Awesome day today. Weather was cool, work was good, nothing broken.

Did storm damage clean up mostly. Felled a large Walnut whose top had broken out and into a nearby Ash tree about 35' up. Took some pics, but Dad has the camera, so can't post them. That went really well though. It went exactly where I wanted it with no damage to surrounding trees. Probably one of the scarier ones I've fallen so far.

Went well. about 750km round trip, no tickets, no accidents, no road rage. Nice weather throughout with beautiful views of the mountains. Left home at 10am and was home just after 9pm. Talked to 2 housers on the phone (one of my road trip habits, eh Carl? :) ) and left a message for another who was probably out working.

I'm about to head out in a little bit .As I suspected Tom was not able to find a long bar to fit his 084 .A long one is seldom used in these parts and thus the dealers don't stock them .

It looks like a pair of old veterans are once again going to -get-er-done . 125 Mac and the Homey in my avatar .I'll get pictures . Lawdy those saws are older than a majority of the members on this forum except a few of us .;)

Had tires rotated yesterday and now it acts like the back of my wrangler is on ice. Back to garage for front end alignment and four new tires this morning. :roll:

HA, front end is done...my car just drove by in front of the house. The Tire place & garage are at the end of my road.:lol:

Checked mail and found the banjo picks I ordered came in. hoping a couple more things show up before I leave for KY on Thur.:/:

Lawdy those saws are older than a majority of the members on this forum except a few of us .;)

Going back on thursday to finish a stump from a tree last week, taking the 2100 with a long bar. Don't get to do that often these days, thinking I might fire up the old 280 and take it as well. Haven't used it for a couple of years, give the Stihls the day off.:D

Going back on thursday to finish a stump from a tree last week, taking the 2100 with a long bar. Don't get to do that often these days, thinking I might fire up the old 280 and take it as well. Haven't used it for a couple of years, give the Stihls the day off.:D

Stumping and giving the Stihls the day off just strikes me as funny :D

Back