How'd it go today?

had a big wind storm blow in last nite. trees/liimbs down all over. got 12 calls in 2 hrs last nite and prob another 30 throughout today. i was busy before this, sure didnt need it.

Went to the museum here today ....... A working steam donkey :D

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2
Haven't been posting much-sorry my friends-life takes a few winding turns. As for today, it did not go well.... but it won't be intolerable and I'll endure. At least there is the satisfaction of closing a chapter. Marriage is officially dissolved......and man,my butt hurts. LOL

Glad the service and stuff went good Fiddler. Sorry Justin. I'll come back there and be your wing-man. My job this morning wanted to postpone for a day so I called my daughter up and went to SAn Francisco and took her and a couple of her friends to lunch and a movie. Saw the rise of the apes.

Sorry to hear, Justin, but hey- who knows WHAT'S gonna happen now. Perhaps this curse will turn into a blessing.

Glad you made it out alive.
I killed some spruce. This year is turning out to be the year of the evergreen, as last year was the year of the silver maple.

Hey Squish, cannt remember your equip. situation but remember I work with 1 groundie and can knock out more work than most 4 man crews easily because of the combo of big chipper, wheel loader with rotating grapple and the Wraptor. Right now all is paid for and in the winter it dont cost nothing to park it;)

I agree on the wheel loader and bigger chipper for sure, although I don't have/need/want a rotator on my grapple. The Wraptor, well nearly every climber should have one anyways!

Another day here.

Dead Birch take down this morning, then a storm damaged removal.

Skipped out early and hung three ropes and topped an oak for a guy I know. Quick easy hour.

Carl, I couldnt do without the rotator, so nice being able to swing a piece of brush 180 to put it in the chipper or move the load to fit through a tight spot. I know I could do it without it but I wouldnt want to.......

After feeding the chipper with the log loader. I have to agree the rotator is pretty handy!

Had 2 clients book work in October today. Picked up a new commercial account yesterday as well.

Fever broke last night, so back to work today. After tieing up loose ends around the office this morning, I managed to get 20 or so estimates done this afternoon. Only 75-80 left on my list. :|:

Got blood tested this morning, then had meeting with lawyers and then the banker. tomorrow is funeral home, lawyer then banker and we should have the majority of this phase of things finished.

Picked up a small trimming job for Friday.

A rotator on a log loader makes sense to me, but on the wheel loader it would be in my way more often than it would help best I can tell. If it would freely rotate when not being used, that would be ideal but that's not available as far as I know.

A rotator on a log loader makes sense to me, but on the wheel loader it would be in my way more often than it would help best I can tell. If it would freely rotate when not being used, that would be ideal but that's not available as far as I know.

:?:? You smoking crack Willis?? The rotator on my loader that may I add you have used rotates freely. Man if it didnt you would tear the heck outa a yard dragging brush.....

HahaHaha I mean like Branch Manager freely, there is too much drag from the hydro motor for that. It's exceedingly rare that I find myself "wanting" the grapple to turn, normally follows my mental commands.

Shameless plug for the current Gehl AL product line's controls, exceedingly well thought out!

Back