How'd it go today?

Meh, there wasn't even any blood at the spot.

Here's that palm from yesterday. They expect the city to pick this crap up, which I guess they will but... the fools didn't see the cable/tele lines that were really gonna be a headache for the Prentice loaders that the city uses. And it's all still in the yard. The city wants it closer to the road... this is gonna be fun to watch, come monday.

Look at this mess! In the 2nd pic, you can clearly see (in the upper part ) the lines in question.

Attachments

• palm 006 (Medium).jpg
    palm 006 (Medium).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 2
  • palm 001 (Medium).jpg
    palm 001 (Medium).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 2
I assumed that. It just looks almost like it was intentionally disorganized, quite a mess. But then again we don't have palms up here. I lost a Maple trim this last week to a son doing it instead of me. I'll have to drive by and check out his 'pruning' sometime.

Long day... I doubt I even have been home an hour. Microwave broke while I was on my way home so the kids did not all get fed. Mara the sitter just gave up heating up left overs when the microwave bit it. HA kids these days :roll:
Slayed 4 mostly and much dead oaks today that had been about topped to death by the clearance crews. Cleaned up some storm damage. One limb off a valley oak that turned into 1/2 cord of wood for the HO if that gives you a reference for size. 17" just outside the collar.
So two cord of wood split and stacked later, we were done. The Willy's skid steer hauled it up and out of a lower pasture and grove with tight access. Performed nicely and sure as hell hauled more wood than I could carry up a slope. Probably almost 1000 feet to the wood shed by the path we had to take. Got paid and the HO lined up some tree work. :thumbup:
Now all I need is a trailer hitch welded to the bumper and a small trailer :)

Makes me want to buy a jeep Stephen. Man, the treehouse is like a gateway drug to combustion engine collecting. The more I visit, rip-snortin' machines I want.

On the bright side, I (finally) got the step installed on my deck, cleaned up the backyard a little bit, made a small brick pad for my bbq...got a ball game tommorrow and we're hosting the post-ball, pre-hockey bbq. Weird weather day, I couldn't figure out whether I should have worn a sweater, a t-shirt or a raincoat.

Don't worry I had pants on.

I started the day by building 3 nesting boxes and hanging them around the house. Hard to find a place for them, we have boxes in every tree, big enough to hold them.

Not ½hr after they were hung, the first prospective renters showed up:)

P1000402.JPG

We have a bunch of little bird houses that get occupied my house wrens .It's a little too early in the season for them though .About the only activity so far is the male robins and an occasional cardinal .

I imagine within the next two weeks more than likely the female robins will arrive on scene then it gets interesting to watch .

I did see some type of bird about 85 feet up in a big oak with a hole in a big limb .I have no idea what would nest that high up ? I'll have to get out my spy glass and investigate that one .

A bunch of us have been putting blue bird houses up. We see them around, but it seems tough to get them to move in. They don't seem to read the book about what they like. My bud had a bunch of wood houses up. They chose a clay pot house. Came back the next year too. Sure are pretty birds.

I always wanted to see a Baltimore Oriole nest in use. I see them when they first come back, and try to figure out where they are building. They just seem to disappear. Then in the fall when the leaves drop I see where they built.

Your birds beat most of the scandinavian ones when it comes to color.

The bluebirds are really something, particularly the mountain Bluebird.

I love birdwatching in the US, particularly the lower south states.

My wife and I followed the Rio Grande all the way across once, sure saw a lot of different birds, reptiles and other neat stuff.

I just looked in my american field guide, I've seen 370 some ( I haven't updated the number since 89) different North American birds.

When you see them in the high desert at a time of year when everything else is brown and drab, they stand out like a beacon.
First time I saw them, they blew me away.

Same with hummingbirds. I bet every old world birdwatcher can remember their first hummingbird vividly.

Washed my truck this morning, second time this year. Don't have to do it that often anymore as it lives in the cover-it, it's great.

Went to the house and demo'd out most of the bathroom. Framed out the window to almost finish and realize I didn't like how it came out. I'll re-do it tomorrow.

Pretty tired, and it's really windy out right now.

Today went pretty good. made it to the market to catch up to a mobile food vendor I have been chasing down, got me a Currywurst, pretty tasty. Then headed off to the arboretum for a bike ride and bumped in to the tour group I sometimes lead there, I forgot it was the 3rd sunday of the month, so I tagged along. After that was done I went bombing hither and tither for an while on the bike. Ended up doing about 7km, not bad for the first ride in many years. I will be going back, hopefully soon.

Attachments

• IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1
It went pretty good,got a lot done .Tom popped up late in the afternoon with a 7 foot snow plow he bought for next to nothing .He has the bright idea of mounting it on his skid loader .I think it's a tad too big but he says the machine will handle it .

I need to get with TNT Dave to find a mounting plate or several if he has them for a New Holland L555 DeLux .

2q83syb.jpg

Whoa, busy day!

Deaded wooded a ton of Oaks out of the lift today around a perimeter of a yard. Boring, yet the day went by soo fast.

Got three calls to look at jobs during the day, so just got them over with after work. Got 2/3, guy says he'll call tomorrow about the other.

Ones a nice crane job, will be the first time I'll arrange one myself. Pretty stoked.

Last week we blew a hydraulic line on the bucket while working over a neighbor's roof. I tried cleaning it with Dawn, then Purple Stuff, but there is a noticeable stain still showing up. It's about a 15' by 15' area on the garage portion of the roof. The guy's been ok about it, and he sees that I've been making a valid attempt to clean it, but now he says he's having a roofer come in to assess the situation. Looks like I may have to spring for a new roof.

Back