How'd it go today?

Oh my gosh, the crime guy just showed me under John's desk. GROSS. I put some special glasses on and there it was. Ugh, he has not looked under my desk. He was mostly at John's desk. Lord I hope mine is clear.

Today I did a small job and never fired up a chainsaw. We had 8 palms to remove and I was able to hook onto them at the top while Mike cut them from the ground. They went straight from the stump to the trailer (4 had to be cut in half to fit). Then the guy we were working for said he wasn't getting a loader on site to pull the stumps out, and could we do it? A little renegotiation and we agreed (why do I still do this kind of stuff?). They had a trencher which they used to dig around the stumps to cut the side roots. We used a 1" double braid spliced sling and clevises to pull them out with my truck, then loaded the stumps into a big dumpster.

The trees took less than 90 minutes, but screwing around with the stumps took another 3 hours. I broke a 7/8" double braid sling on one. The sling broke about 5' back from the splice, well past the bury. They had to chew on a few of the stumps some more with shovels and the trencher to get them light enough for my boom to pick up. We also got rained on pretty hard at one point. I came down and jumped in the truck when lightning started flying but 15 minutes later it was all gone. We got another 5 minutes of rain at the dump and just for giggles we got rained on once again while parking the trailer. I was glad to get home and change into dry clothes.

I babied the arm today and did ok. Felt good to be on a jobsite and working. Looking forward to regaining some strength.

Mike introduced me to another guy he knows who had this same surgery many years ago. The guy overdid it too soon and reinjured the tendon, tearing it at the anchor. They had to trim it back even shorter before reattaching it again and now the guy cannot straighten his arm fully. I'm being darn careful not to make the same mistake.

What did you do to your arm?my dad had his rotor cuff done,11-12 years ago,he says it worse now than it was before the surgery.Hope it gets better for you B.

I feel old after i blew my right knee out of socket.I was told they're gonna have to fix it again by the time i'm 35.

Careful what you wish for, Skwerl. I've no qualms about beating up on old people. :P

Glad you are on the mend Brian. Like has already been said, take it slow.
I have an apt. tomorrow and should be back to work after.
My Dr said I'm good to go but the bosses want a work comp Dr. to give me the go ahead first. Modern medicine is awesome. It's only been 13 days.

Edit: I almost typed in all caps so you could hear me B,:P

What exactly did they do to your knee, and how is it? Another Treehouser (Newfie) had both knees replaced in the last year or two.

That is in my future I think.

Torn cartilage repair (menicous) Second time for that knee. Doc said it is bone on bone on about 35% of the load bearing surface.
I've had the other knee cut 4 times, last was an ACL reconstruction.

Sheesh Gigi, thats nasty, sorry you have to deal with that. Is John staying the night at the office?

We started the day with a flat on the bucket truck. Same tire I had repaired on the job Wednesday. The guy told me on the phone, yeah, there was some gravel in the tire that probably rubbed the tube thin in several places. Thanks for telling me Wednesday so I could just have the tube replaced instead of repaired.
2 hours later we started our job.
Planned to have the boxer up and running today but my engine still hasn't showed, was supposed to be here before noon. Kinda wanted to use it tomorow

Dang, Willie. Sounds like it might be time to find a new tire guy.

Jesse, I had no idea you've had so much work done on your knees. Mine aren't great but I'm thankful that I've never needed surgery. I couldn't imagine going through all that. :whine:

Well i bought a new battery for my dump trailer a few weeks ago and i have only dumped with it around 5-10 times and the battery is now dead... WTH? The trailer has been kept inside, so it hasnt been kept in the cold other when i am out using it. I went and picked up a load of gravel and it couldnt even power it up, i had to use the mini to lift up the trailer. Im going to go tomorrow and talk to the place where i bought it from, I paid like $130 for it.

Back