How'd it go today?

:/:

Jacksonville will not let you remove trees over 12" DBH without an arborist report and 1 of 4 reasons. Theres a new lady in there there only goes by book, well one reason in the book is if theres a transferable blight, disease or infestation. Kinda leaves the door wide open and i'm gonna write a second report at no charge to rub her nose in it!

Plenty of snow up in Yosemite.. Looked like where Burnam plays all day there Friday and yesterday. Did lessons up at Badger Pass yesterday and Seth had a great time even if he was not in my class :lol:
Snow is as high as the van on the road up there.
Still a tad sore from chasing youngsters around the slopes yesterday, but got a lot of slash and burn done today. Working on a ladder fuel reduction for an insurance inspection. Couple more days there and it should be a wrap unless they hire us to do other stuff.
The husband just passed away. Hired us, as he knew he was terminal, prior to his passing so his widow would not have to deal with finding someone to handle the job. The brother lives on property also and is a local Judge. Should be good for some referral work should we make them real happy. Which we will :D
Just paid the last installment for the year on property taxes until the end of the year. That felt friggen awesome to get that gone.
Tree work tomorrow. Hope it involves some climbing. Need to assess the trees by the house first to see if they will get pruned or kilt ;)

The city of Phoenix supposedly just adopted this rule also. Upgraded from the introduction 2 years ago of needing a report/ permit for removal on commercial and multi family dwellings. Ashland has the the latter along wwith trees on a certain % slope

Well it has slowed down a lot. I've been working alittle but not really enough to pay the bills. I am trying to get the word out around here so I will be ready for the season to start. Hopefully I will be able to get my taxes done soon so I can finish fixing my truck. Hope everyone is in good shape.

I plowed or scooped snow off 3 side roads and 2 parking lots today. I was scraping all the way down to the pavement. Is that normal to do or should I be doing something different? Had alot of ice that was terrible to get scraped up. Supposed to be 22-24 tonight. Still almost all the side roads have not even seen a plow.

Just saw the county plow for the first time today. We have 4 in our depot so I was a little confused why they haven't been clearing the mess off the main roads at least.

My little job went great today. Lady asked me to remove a 20-25 foot tall poplar in her garden.:lol: Hand cut and tossed the whole tree and had fun with it. Even skipped putting the gaffs on...Tiny yard with fruit trees and ornaments all over it. Fence. Steep slope over the fence you can't hardly stand on. Tree leaning over the fence. So just cut and pitched on the lawn. Rob drug the slash out the gate and burned it. Nice blue skies. Silky did most the tree :lol: Then I pruned about 4 fruit trees and 3 mimosas from the ground and orchard ladder. Kinda needed an easy day. Home by noon :)

Today was supposed to be stormy. It wasn't. I put a new toilet in, one that has two different flushes, one for solid material one for liquid. Removing the old one was disgusting.

Thanks to the Federal government deciding how much water I'm allowed to use per flush, I end up having to flush my toilet a few extra times per day to prevent my sewer line from backing up. One more example of the Feds involving themselves way too much in our personal lives and actions. It would be really nice if I had the choice of using a 'wasteful' toilet that could actually flush properly with one flush instead of having to come back and flush again and again at a measly 1 gallon per flush.

Thanks to the Federal government deciding how much water I'm allowed to use per flush, I end up having to flush my toilet a few extra times per day to prevent my sewer line from backing up. One more example of the Feds involving themselves way too much in our personal lives and actions. It would be really nice if I had the choice of using a 'wasteful' toilet that could actually flush properly with one flush instead of having to come back and flush again and again at a measly 1 gallon per flush.

Get a TOTO toilet 1.6 gal per flush and it will clear every time, and it is not a loud powered flush type. They have a larger passage and discharge and are virtually clog proof.

I get confused when there are two buttons on the toilet, never sure which is the liquids and which is the solids one. Maybe I am just dumb.

I just hit them both, one after the other, cant see how its saving any water to flush twice though. Good intentions I guess.

I didn't take some papers to my payroll place on time and am now supposedly on the hook for someone elses $1200:X This is jacked up if its true

If an employer fails to respond to the writ or fails to deliver payment to the creditor on time, 18.775 makes the employer liable to the creditor.

Question: Can an employer discharge an employee because his or her wages are garnished?

Answer: No. ORS 25.424(3) makes it an unlawful employment practice for an employer to terminate or refuse to hire an individual or to otherwise discriminate, retaliate or take disciplinary action against an employee because he or she has been subject to a support withholding order.

And ORS 23.186(9) prohibits employers from terminating an employee because he or she has had wages garnished.

Back