How'd it go today?

Have you charged it? Dump trailer batteries don't charge themselves unless both your trailer and truck are wired to run a charging wire from your alternator through the trailer plug to the trailer battery.

Half the guys I know with dump trailers are constantly showing up on the job with a dead battery in their dump trailer. Throw the trickle charger on it overnight after every 2-3 uses, it's simple.

Have you charged it? Dump trailer batteries don't charge themselves unless both your trailer and truck are wired to run a charging wire from your alternator through the trailer plug to the trailer battery.

Half the guys I know with dump trailers are constantly showing up on the job with a dead battery in their dump trailer. Throw the trickle charger on it overnight after every 2-3 uses, it's simple.

Huh well you learn something new everyday, well that will be a pain in the but to do.

Thanks Skwerl!

Mine has a built-in charge wire but it wouldn't work until I installed a fuse under the hood. The chevy silverados are setup that way.

Run a charge wire from your truck through your light plug to the trailer battery. Or take the battery back and just get extended jumper cables with quick connects. Wire it straight from you truck battery to the rear bumper quick connect. Then same setup from trailer battery to quick connect

My trailer is set up with a charger but on the truck side of the plug it was crossing wires and causing all my tail lights to come on. We temporarily disconnected it 6-8 months ago and I haven't resolved the wiring issue yet. But the trailer is parked beside my carport so it's easy to run a cord out and plug the charger in once a month.

I think you need something to limit the amount of juice you can run through that wire, otherwise you could fry it if the battery is low in the trailer or the truck and you put a heavy load on it.

I bet your truck is set up for it Nick. Should be 12V to one of your plug terminals at all times, if not, research and see if its just a relay under the hood to make it work. Then a wire on the trailer side to your battery. If your battery is good, you wont fry anything. If your worried about it, unplug the trailer before dumping.
Brian, they only charged me for the tube today even though they sent a truck out to air my tire up and then repaired it at their yard. Just a boneheaded move once, nothing to condemn them over.

Going to try my hand at snowplowing tomorrow. We got around 7 inches of snow today, now its freezing rain falling. Making for a nice layer of crap. Figure with the low temps the next few days its not going anywhere for a bit. People will get antsy and want to get out. I don't see many cars getting out of driveways with a solid sheet of ice.

Atleast! Get with a minimum. I've got a $40 bone minimum. Sometimes I make that in five minutes. Contract pricing is where it's at.

Wild!!! That'll shut you coasties right down for a bit.

Man I've got a full-time job just keeping my billing up to date.:big-money:

We're getting another 12-16" tonight. Pulled out the trailer, and some other stuff and cleaned up the snow underneath/around. Tried moving piles with the mini last night but managed to snap a 1" pivot bolt somehow doing almost nothing. Ordered those today. Electrician is at my house, working on the basement, going to take a ride over there after I watch a program.

Everybody is getting a ton of snow but us. West coast gets hit, east coast gets hit, even the other side of Lake Michigan has got a ton of snow. We have got about 4" today.. which is the first time it has really snowed in two weeks...

wtf.gif

My engine that was supposed to be here by noon yesterday hadn't shipped as of last evening:X
Got into my removal this AM only to see it was actually in the high lines, couldn't get ahold of the line clearence guy so we scrapped it. I then went to do an aerial inspection for a guy thats having trouble getting permission to remove his own tree due to a neighboring tree lover. Neighbor left while we were chatting, I threw him a smile as he went by and he frowned and gave me a thumbs down:lol:

Back