How'd it go today?

So I was hoping for a nice day off after the Miami trip yesterday. Didn't happen. Went to the shop this morning to feed the kitty cat, opened the door and a black guy is sitting at my desk...wth? John asks him what the hell he is doing and he says looking for a job. No, you don't break into a business to look for a job. John tells me call 911, so I head back to the truck to get the phone and I am so freaked, can barely dial 911. The guy, when we opened the door almost did not seemed fazed that we caught him in there. He just continued to do something on the computer. So, John is thinking he will bolt knowing we are calling the cops, but he finished whatever he was doing on the computer, he got up and heads for the door, where John is standing. They struggle and John about rips his shirt off but the guy is like a worm and gets past him.
So, I am outside telling the cops what is going on and the guy runs out of our building...so I ran after him...hahahahaha like what was I gonna do if I caught up to him? Anyway, he lost me.
Cops come and literally were there 6 hours. Getting finger prints ect. When they were finished, they got some really good prints and hoped to find out who it was.
They are going to send an IT guy to find out what the heck he was doing on the computer.
Can I have tomorrow off?

No blower. Dead stuff is no problem. In fact this chipper rocks, the only times the chute has plugged is chipping plum trees loaded with plums or snow laden evergreens.
Before I paint it I will probably re rout the exhaust.

Thats a good idea, I have the same Morbark as you, same model different year I think. The muffler on mine is mounted going the same direction as the air cleaner, and the exhaust comes out on the side of the machine. No soot.

That's spooky, Gigi. That is exactly the type of situation that might only happen once every 10-20 years but you wish you had your concealed carry piece with you at the time. When he tries to run, blow him away and then drag him back inside before handing him a knife. :/:

If they catch him he'll have a job. Making license plates. I hear the pay is poor and worker morale is low, however.

Damn! That is freaky. You can have two days off, with pay.

I've been wrastling on and off today with pulling a axle out of the front diff of my plow truck. U-joint is toast. I'm down to just the spindle but it's being a bastard. Got some penetrant on it and in a bit I'm heading out to give it a run for it's money.

So I was hoping for a nice day off after the Miami trip yesterday. Didn't happen. Went to the shop this morning to feed the kitty cat, opened the door and a black guy is sitting at my desk...wth? John asks him what the hell he is doing and he says looking for a job. No, you don't break into a business to look for a job. John tells me call 911, so I head back to the truck to get the phone and I am so freaked, can barely dial 911. The guy, when we opened the door almost did not seemed fazed that we caught him in there. He just continued to do something on the computer. So, John is thinking he will bolt knowing we are calling the cops, but he finished whatever he was doing on the computer, he got up and heads for the door, where John is standing. They struggle and John about rips his shirt off but the guy is like a worm and gets past him.
So, I am outside telling the cops what is going on and the guy runs out of our building...so I ran after him...hahahahaha like what was I gonna do if I caught up to him? Anyway, he lost me.
Cops come and literally were there 6 hours. Getting finger prints ect. When they were finished, they got some really good prints and hoped to find out who it was.
They are going to send an IT guy to find out what the heck he was doing on the computer.
Can I have tomorrow off?
Dang, I thought J was packing with a CC permit, if so I am surprised he didnt draw down on the infiltrator.

In most states there was no legal cause to draw. Spooky stuff Gigi, hope he didn't get your private info!

I use cones frequently. Part of it is for visibility for traffic, and to direct traffic, part of it is to force the driver to walk around the vehicle before driving off.

I canopy raised a blue spruce at my house today. Our 1.75 acre,triangular property slopes down to a wetland/ seasonal pond (maybe .4-.5 acres of the property), and both of our neighbors' wetlands. As we keep getting to new projects (originally hauling out the collapsed chicken coop and burn/ abandon pile from down the hill, then invasive black berry removal, etc) we get a better and better view of our and our neighbors' wetlands. Now with the canopy raised, we have a better view from the loveseat out our newish full glass storm door. Naturally, we don't have to worry about heat loss, as the wood stove is 9' away from the door, in the corner. I'm feeelingg a litttlle melttedd rightt nooow,,, actuallly.

We have great blue herons that frequent our wetland, hooded mergansers, mallards, redwing black birds, doves, junkos, swallows, sparrows, hummingbirds, quail, finches, lots of lgb's, etc. We have had a bald eagle at our property before, but I haven't seen any hawks, nor hear any owls.

A little canopy raise really made a big difference, but it was too dark when I was finished to get a picture. I was in the tree before I figured I aught to take a "before".

In most states there was no legal cause to draw. Spooky stuff Gigi, hope he didn't get your private info!

some dude sitting in my office without reason? Thats good enough for me to pull my piece out (if I had one) , I would hope legally.

If he's in your home, you have the right to defend yourself with lethal force without retreating (Castle law). If he's armed and comes at you, you have the right to defend yourself with lethal force.

Like I said, drag his body back inside and hand him a knife. ;)

If someone broke in it's not me they have to worry about .Mrs Smith can be quite a deterant especially with broom in hand .

In other news finally a calm day came about and I burned my slash pile which contained part of the bee tree that about ate up Tom and crew .I didn't see any bees though .Lawdy those three chunks of oak will burn for the next week I'll bet .

A Castle Doctrine (also known as a Castle Law or a Defense of Habitation Law) is an American legal doctrine claimed by advocates to arise from English Common Law[1] that designates one's place of residence (or, in some states, any place legally occupied, such as one's car or place of work) as a place in which one enjoys protection from illegal trespassing and violent attack. It then goes on to give a person the legal right to use deadly force to defend that place (his/her "castle"), and/or any other innocent persons legally inside it, from violent attack or an intrusion which may lead to violent attack. In a legal context, therefore, use of deadly force which actually results in death may be defended as justifiable homicide under the Castle Doctrine. wikipedia rocks

Back