How'd it go today?

Black locust: robinia psuedoacacia
Osage orange: maclura pomifera
Red mulberry: morus rubra.

All three are strong, rot resistant, and are fluorescent under UV light.

I backed off climbing a dead birch today. I had about 8' more to go in order to piece out the top but instead I tied off a pull rope, came down, and took a precision fell of the spar and remaining top. Worked out fine, even though it was quite tight. When I put the top piece into the chipper it just shattered when it touched the infeed rollers, pretty damn rotten. Have I mentioned that I hate dead/dying Birch and BBB runs rampant around here. Rest of the day was pretty eventless, deadwooded a willow, and removed a half dead balsam.

Roof clearanced a catholic church this am. Pole saw payed for itself on one job. Started a 5 tree removal at 2:45. Blew the top out of 2 trees and the wind starting gusting to around 20. Finished clean up and called it a day. Hope its not to windy tomorrow. Looking to finish those 3 trees tomorrow and final clean up on Thursday.

Boring day here today. We got a lot of rain, and some high winds. Some trees toppled around the county, but other than that, not much damage that I can see so far. School is easy at the moment. Have a paper due on Monday. Looking forward to the weekend and November. Our big Thanksgiving Break is in a few weeks, so I hope I can get some work days in. It's been getting a bit boring around here the past week or two.

I ground some stumps this afternoon. In the AM I went and got my passport picture taken and took my daughter to the train.
I have some pieces of Locust I'm planning to turn.

Due to the nasty weather I spent yesterday hanging doors and building shelves .Managed to fill the garage full of sawdust . No big deal because the Stihl blower will make quick work of that plus anything else that's not nailed down .

Two more doors and about a half dozen shelves then I have to get serious .After that some cabinet work and the price of material triples .For me on that it's measure three times and cut once as I've been known to kinda screw up now and again .

Oh I can see alright it's just that I get my head in ass at times .

It's one thing to screw up an 18 dollar a sheet piece of pine plywood and much more costly if it's 45-50 dollar a sheet oak .

Just bought one this morning, $535 (without bar and chain). I needed it, my backup saw is several years old and runs lean when it warms up.

What's wrong with yours and how far did you drop/throw it? :P
Actually nothing is wrong with it, havent even removed the screen from it yet, we all just seem to prefer the 2139 jonsy so I was going to just sudgest you get me one of those and we could swap, they can be had for $370 so could have saved you some coin. I like the 200t just fine but it seems like my climbers always end up getting F'd up so why not switch to a cheaper saw that cuts as good.....

Back from the Chiropractor, he did something new today. I laid face down with a pillow under my belly, he strapped my feet down, put his hand on my back and bent me down just above the waist. You'd think it was just like a sit up, but it sure ain't!
Felt alright until it was time to get up, DAMN that hurt like hell! I was a hurting unit trying to stand up! Still sore as hell!
I'm glad I don't have anymore than Bubba to take care of tomorrow!

Took apart that Tomos this morning. Turns out it was leaking enough fuel to fill the expansion chamber! Float was probably stuck open, but I got it sorted. Powerwashed all the oil off the chain area, as it's "self lubricating" from the crank case. Stupid design get's oil all over the back end. Polished that baby up to a show shine for the hell of it too.

Mom saw the power washer out..."Can you do the deck?". Damn, three hours later the pool deck is clean. That sucked.

Yea, that's the part I don't like about them - making you come back too many times. I'd always stop as soon as I was feeling better. YOU might wanna go longer.

He's talked about a "maintenance program" for the future, I've no idea what that will entail. Right now the problem, other than the muscle pain, we are fighting is my hip keeps "pivoting". One day my left leg is .280" shorter than the right, the next time I go in it's the opposite way and my right leg is shorter. Not even doing anything to cause it, but it sure is frustrating, and painful.

The 'maintenance program' is designed to maintain his budget, nothing more. Every established chiropractor will recommend this regardless of any condition. They must in order to keep their business operating. Don't go any longer than necessary to fix the problem. Once it's fixed, they can't do anything more except collect your money.

I had one once who began using about half as much pressure after the third or fourth visit. I confronted him about it and he refused to give me a full back crack like before, he said he would do it the next visit. He never got the chance, and I only paid him half of his fee for that visit. Don't let them walk all over you, Andy. If he can't fix it in 3 visits then you either need surgery or a different chiropractor.

Andy, get ya arse down to an osteopath, totally differant to a chiropractor.
Chiro's only deal woth joints, osteo's deal with muscles and joints which seem to be more your problem.
As for your hips, my wife says have ya got collapsed arches in ya feet?

It sounds similar to what we have here, Tom. The leaves from Mulberry trees is what they fed the silkworms with. It used to be a big industry around my area. I can still see the old Mulberry plots, but more like shrubs than trees.

Back