How'd it go today?

On the new one I can go 25% down 0% financing. Means less out of pocket right now, and a new machine. But I'll pay more over time. After putting 20%+ down on my new place I'm feeling a little like I'd like to hold onto some coin. I'm gonna think about it, atleast overnight! Lol.

Killed the second spruce on that job today! Used the helmet cam and am processing the video right now. Tight spot, and a significant backlean over the house. 1 hour on site, glad I don't need to clean up the mess.

As a percentage, what's $6k on the new unit?

Scott and I kicked arse today, to be honest he did most of the kicking.

To be more honest, he did manage to hit my saw with a limb from about 80'. Before you blame me, the thing was under the carport! I'm sure he'll see this and hee-haw and shuffle around, but facts are facts.

:P Actually the piece did a freak flip/twist/break/jump after it landed. Cracked the carb cover of my pristine 660, but what can you do? Good help is hard to find.

Yesterday he let me run over the basically new BR600 with the stump grinder, that was less than ideal. Broke the backpack frame part, guessing $100 bucks to fix it so it's not that bigga deal.

Why was the blower left in the travel path of the stump grinder? Do you have a license to drive that thing? To be fair, I backed over a saw with a truck many years ago because I had set it down behind the tire where it was 'safe'. After that I refined my definition of 'safe' and began thinking ahead whenever staging valuable equipment on a jobsite.

That worked well for a long time. But these days I just get forgetful and lose saws instead of running them over. :whine:

We left to dump, went to lunch, and got back to load up to go to the next job. Someone who wasn't me put the blower there, but I didn't move it when I walked past the grinder. I thought about taking a different path to the ramps, but calculated that going the other way was better. Forgot about the blower, Scott was litterally headed to pick it up when I did it.

Oh well, we laughed about it for most of today.

We left to dump, went to lunch, and got back to load up to go to the next job. Someone who wasn't me put the blower there, but I didn't move it when I walked past the grinder. I thought about taking a different path to the ramps, but calculated that going the other way was better. Forgot about the blower, Scott was litterally headed to pick it up when I did it.

Oh well, we laughed about it for most of today.

I'm not entirely sure WHO put the blower there, but it was sitting there along with the 660, the pitchfork, and the throwline cube. Someone who wasn't me walked right past the blower to crank the stump grinder so they could run over it.....I picked up the 660 and cube and carried them to the truck and was on my way back for the blower and fork when I heard this gosh-awful crunching sound....and someone made a face worth having a picture of....

It does look a bit rough for being so new. :cry:

Call or PM me with a price, we'll take it from there. I tried locating a Johnny Red top handle but Google can't locate one online.
Brand new one right down the street at the saw shop here looked at it today while getting bar and chain oil. FWIW

I had a good day today, best saturday weatherwise in months.

Unloaded some firewood from yesterdays job, split it and cleaned up the yard. Put some woodchips around to stop the weeds that are growing like mad.

Picked some mulberries, except for last year I haven't had time for that in years. I used to make wine with them once.

Priced a job, and got told he had two others for less than half my price. :laughing6: They aren't from around here. He'll get what he pays for.8)

Haha sounds alot like what I said you hee-haw shuffler!

Oh, and lest we forget......what about the someone who was strumming the corner of my pristine magnetic sign whilst doing 70 MPH down the highway, only to have it fly off into oblivion....just bought those things 'bout eight years ago....figured they'd go 15 to 20 before replacing. :lol:

Got a call to estimate removal of a couple dead branches on a dying laurel oak, owner says its not my tree and the other two neighbors won't claim it either. sounds like a can o worms!
Got approval on accepting credit cards also. New program from Bank of america. just over a hundred a year with no Machine all done via cell phone w web service. 2.48% of the amount is the fee. How many of you accept them and does it help biz? many of my emergency clients have always asked figured I'd give it a go see how it works. Hope its not a flop on my part. First process today for 1800 so so far so good:)

As a percentage, what's $6k on the new unit?

Roughly 25%. I'd say 500hrs is less then 25% of the expected life span of the unit. But there's the financing, nearly out of warranty, and not knowing how the used unit was maintained. I'm no Brendon but I do like to keep up on my maintenance more then most.

Just a little more exterior work and the outside of the addition will be done . In a short while I'm pouring a concrete cap on the steps which be topped with sandstone slab tommorrow .Skid loader work there as it weighs 5-600 pounds .

Kelly ,the beautician that makes house calls "fow,foo" ,whatever painted the walls with a feather duster,looks great .Talented lady,beautician,flebotimist ( sp ),interior decoratator and mother of 4 plus grandmother and only 5 feet tall .

Besides Kubota and Deere, locally we have a Kioti dealer. Anyone here heard of these or have any experience with them?

Kioti are essentially 30 year old Kubota technology from what I've read. I have 2000 hours on my Kubota, hard hours and it still purs along nicely. I'm not so anal about maintainence schedules either. I would buy new if I were you.

Haley and I are putting fishing line on small solar garden lights and are going to hang them in my tree in front of the house for the holidays. We may finish a couple of paper mache tree spirits to put up in the tree too but I don't think the final painting will dry well until tomorrow.

Seths last game of the season was called off.. His whole team is sick. Tis ok.. He is too...
Keeping an eye on Levi and his PO in case.
Lilly is still getting over her upper respiratory dealio.
Katy is at work.
Wyatt's work got rained out.
I went and looked at a limb removal.
Daddy day care and on duty chef for me.
Thinking chicken fried steak with country gravy.

Back