How'd it go today?

Visited with Erik a bit this afternoon.I brought the Kubota down to help his BIL out loading his giant competition pumpkin into the back of my chip truck so he can take it to the Topsfield Fair tomorrow. It was a big sucker but we got it done. It made me wonder if I have something going on in the hydraulics, the old girl didn't seem as strong as she used to be.

I think Erik has some pics.

I got 120 acres of Durum thrashed today, not bad for an afternoons (and evening) work. The stuff is disgusting, I am serious, buy your pasta product now!

I meant Sunday morningish.

I don't have a plan, but that's how I like it. Schedules and order are for people with jobs. :lol:

Yee Haw! Have fun in FL, if the weather permits check out some of the springs down there...one of my favorite pass times. I think Wekiva Springs is near Orlando, or there is a bunch of springs near Gainsesville.

Have fun!

Well the durum looks terrible #3 ($1.12/bu) or a #4 ($.87/bu). The canary seed will be like Christmas, I am either gonna be real happy OR real disappointed. I am a glass half empty guy right at the moment.

The prices I quoted are initial prices, they can go up. But the correlation between supply and demand must be having "New Math" applied. The Canary seed price rose $.04/lb the other day! Funny how I make more feeding birds tha people!:?

Walked away from a job today. Neighbors there are in a pissing contest and I left my rain coat at home ....so to speak :/:
I don't get in the middle of right away disputes. NOOOOOOO Thank you. So I locked the gate even after getting permission to work. Made a call when I got home.. Left these two sort it out and I will get on back with the work when the dust settles.
Just gonna putter round the house and shop today. Plenty of things need fixin' and my attention. Tomorrow I will go kill a tree before the soccer game.:evil:

Update:

HO we were supposed to work for stopped by after she had waited on us up at the property for 3 hours. We had come home and tried to call her. She had checked in before we got home. Unfortunately she was not able to make an exact meeting time with us. So we talked for a while and I think I have her calmed down. She is really PO'd at the neighbor. She wanted to pay us for our troubles and I refused. Just told her to pull the plot plan with an extra copy for us. Then get her neighbor on base with how we need to proceed.
I guess this guy does not even own or have a right to lock a gate on the property access. So she may have to get this legally resolved if he pulls it again. He basically is trying to get her to pay for maintaining a paved road he bought with out her being involved. Studying to be a lawyer.. Good grief..
She is just a retired school teacher that has owned that land up there since this guy was probably in grade school.
Scheduled her for another day in two weeks, gave her some fresh zucchini and sent her home.. Hope they get this sorted out. She is a really good customer.

Hope that situation resolves itself Stephan.

Getting ready to head over to a friends house to spend the night. Up early at 7 tomorrow to come home and head out for MA. We're hoping to get there Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Dismantled one of my most technical climbing trees to date today. Target everywhere, everything roped down to the main spar at about 8'. Real spreading Maple, spread well into two neighbors yards and over a garage. No access whatsoever or I woulda been all over a crane. So glad we didn't have to do the clean-up. My new guy handled himself awesome, for some cuts/pieces we had two lowering lines and a tagline being run by one guy on the ground and one guy in the tree. I'm stoked and beat, about 7hrs in the tree, going steady. Slow but steady. Lol.

My special cedar siding finally arrived today .Kind of neat, made in Burnby BC by a company called Real Cedar . This stuff went under a number of trade names,hide-a- cove was one of them and very popular in the 70's and 80's .In order to keep with the original design of the house on the addition I used it but talk about pricey ,481 bucks for 125 square feet .:O

Looks like the picture when installed .

Attachments

• rose of sharon 054.jpg
    rose of sharon 054.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 5
Fantastic, I got up after basically not sleeping all night, made it to the storage locker and loaded the mowing gear in the truck. 1 helper showed up on time, after having many libations over the last two nights as it was his birthday yesterday, told me he hadnt slept, he looked it and smelled of a brewery but looked alert enough to push a mower. Other helper texts me at 845, 15 minutes late and says something about her dog and the vet and cant work. Great, one day to mow and do everything at the site which normally takes two and now one man down, called the bro in law and he saved out butt by coming in and working hard. Just put ayden to bed, now going to lay on the couch and wait for momma to get home, I still arent feeling very well and I am still wiped.

:)

rskybiz

Ya ever go cave diving down there?

I've friends who do, and the equipment just not certified to do so. In time. I can go from here to fargo Ga underwater/underground as there are pockets of air in some of the caves. And filling stations along the way

Last edited:
Back