How'd it go today?

So, I decided to just go ahead and put a new ignition in my chipper, and STARTING PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! Thing is great!

Side note... found out my fuel was leaking into my hydro fluid, which is why I have been losing hydro pressure. Turns out it's a common problem on the model 13 morbarks. after eight hours of welding and cutting open the tank, I found out its because of sloppy welding of a baffle into the hydro tank. So we grinded and threw a couple of sticks on top of the leak, welded back the hole we had to cut in the tank, pressure tested everything, and we're back in business!!

sure sucked though...

So, I decided to just go ahead and put a new ignition in my chipper, and STARTING PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! Thing is great!

Side note... found out my fuel was leaking into my hydro fluid, which is why I have been losing hydro pressure. Turns out it's a common problem on the model 13 morbarks. after eight hours of welding and cutting open the tank, I found out its because of sloppy welding of a baffle into the hydro tank. So we grinded and threw a couple of sticks on top of the leak, welded back the hole we had to cut in the tank, pressure tested everything, and we're back in business!!

sure sucked though...

Sheesh! Were you "making" hyd oil? Still haven't been to the chipper shop to get my parts

My morbark has a combo Diesel/hydrolic oil tank, so when they tacked the baffle in the hydro tank, they must have hit the weld too hard and blew threw into the diesel tank. Years of fluid pushing back and forth on the baffle and weld finally made it leak I think. Poor design... The newer models have totally separate tanks now.

What do you mean by new ignition?

I stopped by my cousin's house on my way home and was just in time to help him stab the engine into a motor grader. This was how it was when I drove in. There were three shafts to engage. The main one that was a gear that fit in a fabric clutch center plate, a smaller one that runs the contraption that controls the blade and all it's movements, and the main shaft into the pilot bearing.

Attachments

• josh 005 (Large).jpg
    josh 005 (Large).jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3
Had a good week this week. School hasn't been overwhelming, started working out at our new gym yesterday, and been playing Halo: Reach every chance I've gotten. Tomorrow we're doing a yard sale to try and get rid of some junk, and whatever is left over goes to Good Will. Then Dad and I are doing various side jobs Sunday, so it should work out to be a good weekend.

They got the majority of the roofing done yesterday on the addition and south side of the house .The only snag was for some reason I was given incorrect measurements and it came up 10 square shy .No sense getting upset about ,I just boggied on down to the supply house and they brought more out in a few hours .Chit happens .

This is as good a place as any to let ya'll know I'll be absent a while. Came home the other night to a trashed HVAC unit, warm fridge, dead computer, dead router... they cut into an HV line down the street and the spike toasted a lot of stuff in the 3 houses on my circuit. If you happen to need to reach me try facebook (my phone number is on there). It works on my phone and my regular email will be offline until the computer is replaced. I'm on my daughter's for the moment but it's a bitch to use this little thing.

We'll see about getting compensated, Duke Energy almost never pays claims like this, they come and find something wrong with your ground wire or something as an excuse.

Anyway, I have no computer am I'm owed a lot more money than I have so it may be a while before I'm back online. Just wanted you guys to know.

As for the rest of my day, I just backed off my first tree ever, green ash, mostly hollow, I described it here somewhere, totally stupid that I ever agreed to climb it to begin with. It's a structural prune, not a takedown. I've been up on it twice now and it freaks my ass out, no way I can rig off it. So, after standing there for half an hour trying to decide how to get this wood down I decided it can't be done safely without a crane... hell, even a crane is gonna be tricky because of the primaries and the narrow street. Customer's gonna shit when the estimate changes from $250 to over a grand though.

Stay out of trouble... the bad kind anyway.

10 Square?! Oooops

Andrew, I have the same tank setup, did your hydraulic level rise?

Steve, I think he means the key switch, I have been suspecting that or my solenoid for starting trouble and maybe both. I am not getting full voltage to the actuater part of the solenoid which makes me think key but that could cause the solenoid to go gunnybag too

Ten square is off by more than some, eh! That's 1000 square feet.
Oh I'll be damned .They finished up all except the ridge vent .Would you believe there is 10 square left over ,fark .:(

I gotta cool my jets I guess .I have to remember the framer had two strokes and sometimes his ciphering leaves a little to be desired .In the future I'll be taking the material list my own self .I seldom miss on anything of that nature .

All I can say is it's good the guy is working by the hour and not the job else he'd go broke .

No big deal on the roofing,I can take it back .That's nearly a thousand bucks worth .

I am taking two days off and chilling. Just exhausted this week, pulled some lonnng days on the saw, nearly 12hrs on Thursday to finish up a city job. But I'm making bank, so I'm not complaining. And my horse is nearly healed up, looking really good, vet bill over five hundred bucks though. Ouch.

Chipped a 1 year old pile of brush this morning for a customer. PITA, no wonder why I try to avoid such things. Dusty and messy. But I got a check out of it. After that went and chipped ANOTHER pile at a friends house, he has been bugging me about it for a while, it was cake compared to the first job though. Nicely stacked, mostly fresh, chip onto the ground.

Nephew just came over, he'll keep my lady busy so I can putz around outside.

Just got in from the oldest's football game. They won 26-12 and he had a dozen tackles. He's really getting into the football thing.

Cool Mike.
Our soccer game today was canceled at practice yesterday.. Katy did not say why ... They may be canceling next week also.. I will see if I can get more info tonight when she gets home. I really don't think they are even 1/2 way serious about kids soccer up here. Football on the other hand......... At least Seth is having some social fun while he is practicing and Levi and Lilly get to play in the play ground...

Chillin today, looked at 3 jobs in the am. Kids are at a friends , wife and I just went for a ride , about an hour, nice out. Gotta put a Wraptor together this evening but thats about it for today.....

Gave 4 bids this morning, got all but one/the biggesdt so far, he's gotta talk to his biz partner.

Putzin around the rest of the weekend. :D

Had a good night of playing Halo with my friends last night. Woke up early to get the yard sale set up. We've sold about half our items, and the rest are going to Good Will for the most part. Finished up all my homework for the weekend, getting ready to sign everything for me to participate in the KY Comp.

Also finished the Halo: Reach campaign, and in truth, it's a very compelling, epic campaign, from beginning to end. The campaign itself is well worth the $60 I payed for the game.

Getting ready to go work out in a bit.

...Also finished the Halo: Reach campaign, and in truth, it's a very compelling, epic campaign, from beginning to end. The campaign itself is well worth the $60 I payed for the game...

What level of difficulty? I knocked it out on easy either that night or the following morning after getting it. I was fortunate that the customer I was working at doesn't like to get out of bed till 8-830.:lol:

I'm up to Sergent Grade 1. I think it's odd that grade 2 follows grade one, but maybe that's just me. I tried a Gruntfest firefight on Heroic, those bastards kicked my tail!

What's your plan for that?

We were going to do legs today, but looks like we're going to have to push it back till tomorrow. Cooking Mom a steak dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I actually go in for an assessment with a trainer(requirement for joining this gym) who will ask me my goals and such and then help create a plan to meet those goals. Should be fun.

Nice...Can't wait for my little guys to suit up!

I planted a red oak to celebrate my newest today, finished the plantings in one of the beds in my front yard. Thinking about building some planting boxes for wifey's veggie garden, but fishing with the oldest is certainly more appealing.

What level of difficulty? I knocked it out on easy either that night or the following morning after getting it. I was fortunate that the customer I was working at doesn't like to get out of bed till 8-830.:lol:

I'm up to Sergent Grade 1. I think it's odd that grade 2 follows grade one, but maybe that's just me. I tried a Gruntfest firefight on Heroic, those bastards kicked my tail!

Normal right now. Going to try it on Heroic next. I'm up to Sergeant grade 2, almost to warrant officer. I've done heroic firefights with friends, and those are fun and somewhat easy with friends. Me and two friends did a campaign mission on legendary, and wow, talk about tough!!

Back