How'd it go today?

Well the rain is coming through, no work today on the home addition . Roofing will be ordered for "roof top " delivery in the morniing .6 men,two nail guns .They should be done pretty quickly .

The supply houses will crane that stuff to the roof tops for a dollar a square .It certainly beats packing up roofing using a ladder .

I've got a little work yet to do on the wiring .A good break in action as my knees are killing me from going up and down ladders .It appears that like a few others I'm not a spring chicken any more myself .

Google's tool bar has spell check included, fwiw.

I use some cal stuff in my "every day life", but at least Cal 1-2 was interesting enough/work was slow enough for me to somewhat enjoy it. Also helped that I knew more people in the class, and there were females. :lol:

I liked how the teacher said something along the lines of "In the future, you'll just use a computer to solve this, but here's how this works."

Algebra wasn't a terribly big deal for me, chicks in that class also. (One reason I had to retake it a couple times :|:)

Another thing that wore on me was after Cal 3 I had Cal 4, Diff. Equations, and Linear Algebra to look forward to.

I always thought the way they did it in school made it more complicated than it was.
Ditto on that .

It would seem to me if perhaps the practical application were explained along with the formulation then perhaps more students could become more interested .

Good heavens we spent at least on entire month of "power factor " and correction of same with formulas a mile long .Made no sense when you can do it off a chart in five minutes . The 12 years I spent as apprenticeship instructor I tried to make it interesting but sometimes it's just hard to do .

That's what I'm screaming :rockon:

Bills are all up to date... But I had to drop the truck off at the shop this morning for rear brakes.. Friggen Van just cost 300.00 for hoses and a flush.. COME ON MONEY!

Ditto on that .

It would seem to me if perhaps the practical application were explained along with the formulation then perhaps more students could become more interested .

Exactly, Al. This is something I tried to do, while working as a Teacher's Assistant, and having to instruct on occasion. What could seem complex in theory, can be rather simple when demonstrated in a practical manner... especially in the trades. Fabrication and Machining is one giant math and science project from start. From determining what to build from, material-wise, to the way the items are machined, even to how the final product is assembled.

Just called the shop where the truck is at... and of course.. add a new set of drums to the rear. There had BETTER be a check in my mail box today to make me feel better about this :P

I guess I should count my blessings that it is only a 1 ton

Knocked out aSugar Maple today. Tight, tight, landing zone, had a good lean to it too. Love the GRCS, man that thing is sweet. Couldn't fit another leaf in the truck the chips fit perfect. Brought some crap wood to my buddy 2 miles away, took home a small load of straight logs for myself. And got paid before we finished. Sweet.

Crazy dusty though, machines a mess, and so am I. Just walking in the back area made a dust cloud. Should saw when I blew the driveway :|:.

I'm trying to post pics, but keep getting errors on this up loader, and photobucket. Maybe my camera is in some weird mode or something. Haven't been able to upload the last two sessions of pictures I took.

Got a pine ready to flop, changed the teeth on the grinder, cleaned the belt housing, tightned the belt, and am fixing to go knock out some stumps.

You using that drill driver for the GRCS, B? Got a job it'd be handy on coming up next week. If you are, NBD, I'll order another in the morning.

Had a pretty chill day today, knocked out 4 small jobs. Got back to the shop and took the trailer off of the pick up and asked my newby to move the truck up 10 feet so I could pull a big block off of it with the wheel loader. He pulled up and I watched as he got out of the truck, which he had put in reverse not park, and proceeded to get knocked over by the open door:O The front wheel went over his foot. I managed to get in the truck and onto the brake just as it hit the trailer but luckily before it went over the bank:|: Newby says he thinks his foot is OK and hopes he will be able to work tomorrow.......

I love being responsible for everything idiots do:|:

Some things you just cannot teach people, they have to learn them from their own screwups. I suspect his foot will be a lot more sore tomorrow.

Well, I'll bet he won't do that again.
I had a climbing job which was more than I thought I could do so I contracted with Knotahippie to come over and do it. He knocked out a bunch of it today and should finish up early tomorrow. Crazy guy rode his bicycle over from San Jose through Del Puerto Canyon. 72 miles and a few pretty good hills to climb. He left yesterday and camped in the hills overnight.

I had to take my pickup in because the tranny won't shift out of first, and then I had a bid to do after borrowing my Dad's pickup. My guys put him up in the tree using the bucket so he said he wasn't even tired.

WOW Quite a ride.. Cool he helped ya out Steve :)

Just got back myself from picking up the Ford. Turns out a spring broke in the rear brakes and trashed the passenger side drum and such. So they put a new kit in it and new shoes both sides with a new drum.. Just under $350.00 and I was expecting worse. The truck gods smiled on me today :D

No! I was going to bring it to the machine shop to see if they can zip one up. When do you need it?

Monday or Tuesday according to Treesmith. :lol: Hella timing I know, I forgot to mention it earlier after someone didn't answer their phone.

Can you give me the measurement of the square portion? I might have a piece of key stock I could use easily enough.

Knocked out a live oak over a garage and some branches over a pool and two small apples planted Then saw all the old hot rods in the garage for a cold one with the owner all in all perfect day will cash at the end and a reguest for a stack of biz cards!

Back