How'd it go today?

Weather will change tonight. The front and Earl will blow through and cool things off. At least it was an early day. Now you can go wax something.

Ran into a little road rage on my way home.

I was pulling a trailer at just around the speed limit, when a guy coming from behind sverved up over the median, into the oncoming traffic ,went almost past me and then cut in front of me.
I blinked my lights a few times to show my annoyance.
The guy stopped in the middle of the road and jumped out.
Not wanting to be punched out through my open window, I got out as well, and took off my sunglasses.
No need to get glass in your eyes, if you take a punch.
I guess me getting out and being in better shape than he had guessed from seeing my old ,weathered face through the windshield, took the wind out of him.
He started saying a whole bunch of shit, so I just told him that he drove a car like a f..... idiot and furthermore was blocking the traffic.
If he wanted to talk it over, he was welcome to pull over and I would do the same.
He just got back in his car and took off like a rabbit..
I may be old, but I guess I can still pull off the scary look:lol:

He was talking too much. Had he been thinking, he would have engaged you before you got the door open all the way, crack your skull in the doorpost a few times, some hard toe kicks in the ribs, and spine. He was obviously not serious.

He was talking too much. Had he been thinking, he would have engaged you before you got the door open all the way, crack your skull in the doorpost a few times, some hard toe kicks in the ribs, and spine. He was obviously not serious.

That sounds like the voice of experiance:/:

He was too far avay for that.
I Don't let a possible assailant get close to me, which is why I got out of the car as soon as he did.
I don't think he wanted a reak fight, just to scare the old man and maybe take a swing at him.

I had a skirmish with a guy at the farmers market years ago. He was the last one in a line of non-moving traffic. He was the only one blocking me. I asked him if he could back up a little so I could get out. The guy ignored me totally. It was raining and his wipers were running, so I grabbed his blade and tipped it up and acted like I might possibly break it off. The guy jumped out and stood in between his door frame. My instinct was to tackle the door and slam him a few times. I came to my senses. To many witnesses.

It was mostly me having a bad day standing out in the rain and his ignoring me just made my blood boil.

He was too far avay for that.
I Don't let a possible assailant get close to me, which is why I got out of the car as soon as he did.
I don't think he wanted a reak fight, just to scare the old man and maybe take a swing at him.

Too bad, he missed an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson. One thing you can assume about an old man is that he is a survivor.;)

Anybody see Cops where a young black punk pointed a gun at an old man. The old man grabbed the gun and kicked the kid in the nads. The old man couldn't see well enough to tell it was a BB gun. Taught the kid a lesson I am sure.

Way to represent Stig.
I left the homeowner with possibly the ugliest tree I have ever seen this morning. At his direction we removed a large limb from a half falling over fruitless mulberry. He's all kinds of happy. An Uncle of mine is putting his house up for sale to move into a retirement place and has offered me all of his tools. I have to drive over this afternoon (3 hrs.) and my son will meet me there to help load them up.

Cleaning, organizing, trying to prep to move. Overwhelmed with work right now, which is good. Deal is looking a bit flaky on the rental I'm selling, so I'm all stressed and nervous too. I really want the new pad, and I will take a beating on my rental if I have to. But I don't really want to. Hiring a new employee this weekend, got six interview lined up.

The new "kid" walked off the job at noon. I know his mom and grandmother and had to request that the temp agency accept him and assign him to me (they had already dumped him for past behavior) He just went through drug and alcohol rehab and supposedly wanted to get his life back on track. He was doing all right (wandering around with his head up his butt some but I was keeping my cool and explaining what I expected of him throughout the week) We were working in a trailer park-I was pruning trees and he was picking up about 2 spaces behind me and just before lunch he came to me and said "I'm leaving". "Leaving?" I queried. "Yeah, this isn't for me." he said and walked off. WTH? Dumbass. He'll probably be dead or in prison within 5 years.

Got done with another warmer day (a little closer to 100 than yesterday) brushing and chipping and took mama and the kids to the fair..
Watched a funny contest after some exhibits. Cowboys and cowgirls race. Men moved 6 bale of hay, ran down the arena and drove three fence posts, then ran with a saddle back to a fence post and drove 3 staples. Then ran back down the rest of the arena for the best time. The ladies only had to move 3 bales and drive one post with the rest of the task. Then they had some kids catch goats to keep. Was a real fun watch :)

Kids went on rides after that.. Seth os getting to go on some of the bigger kids rides this year. Levi and Lilly had a blast with momma on their rides. Levi wanted to spend the night there :lol:

If I have enough energy tonight I will probably take Katy out to dance there tonight. :)

Sounds like some good old fashioned fun Stephen. :)

Always used to go the Goshen Fair as a kid. There is a fair around here but it kinda sucks.

It is a really small time fair.. But when you hear the squeals of delight coming from your young kids.. It just makes ya smile :)
Of course they love all the animal exhibits too. I'll post some pics later today :)

We had a blast at the local county fair. One morning the rides were running and the ticket booths weren't manned. Me and my buddy got a few free rides before someone said "hey, their not with our group." The childrens home were getting free rides. We didn't know what was going on for sure but free rides- we were there.

They had a cork gun game you shot cig packs off the shelf and you could win the cigs or some packs were labeled for a quart of Coke. I started collecting the corks that bounced out of the booth so we got some free shot. Then I got the bright idea of taking the corks home and putting some lead shot BBs in them. Worked great but they eventually caught on. Hey, they had the shelf sloped uphill-we were just evening the odds. Good times.

Back