How'd it go today?

I would think they would be scared of Carlzilla and his enormous intellect.:P;)

Six in a room is a pile of people. It wasn't that crowded in college. I was lucky enough to get a private room.

I would think they would be scared of Carlzilla and his enormous intellect.:P;)

Six in a room is a pile of people. It wasn't that crowded in college. I'm married to a doctor so I got a private room, no questions asked.
I fixed that for ya, Mike. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Well i would like to think she had that kind of pull. I know she didn't ask and never would, but I'm sure there may have been just a bit of favoritism. Not complaining one bit. I don't think I could have hacked it with a roommate. I don't play well with others.

Did six years critical care and seven years of hospice nursing, then burnt out. Took a break and rode bicycle across the country in 2007, and just re-instated license and going back to one to two days a week hospice to keep license up. Inpatient is rough and it is now more like 10 assistive personnel (LPNs and Aides) under direction of each RN. Too much responsibility for others' actions for my liking.

It was just one of those 2 steps forwards and 3 steps back kind of days... an Andy sort of a day. :D

I started cutting the grass and found my stick edger not wanting to cooperate (dirty carb). I grabbed the trimmer to edge instead, and then towards the end, that started loosing power under acceleration, and at full throttle. It had been intermittent, but today it really started showing it's ugly face.

After 5 and 2 years respectively on the original internals, I'm not shocked or disappointed, considering the gas quality. So basically I have two tools needing carb kits. I go to Ace Hardware (the Echo Dealer), their tech is off, and Carl(store owner and family friend) tells me where to look... they're out. So I go to next place in town that does service, and would be open on a Saturday afternoon... they are out too! So I ordered the kits while at their shop, since, they can get them to me by Wednesday afternoon, and with free shipping.

I came home, pulled both carbs apart, and made one "functioning" carburetor out of 2 (both use the same model Zama), and finished the grass.

Went up to Ham Radio Outlet yesterday with my FIL. Good diversion from all the BS lately.

Of course we both walked out plus some toys and minus some cash, but it's all in good fun.

Now I have to hound Andy into getting his General. :/:

Off to a good start. Now that the kids are out of the house my wife decided it would be okay
to lose an eighth of the back yard so I can build a nice shop. Let the planning begin!

I'm jealous, Pat. My 'shop' was limited to less than 200 square feet due to zoning restrictions. I'd love to have an acre or two where I could have a real shop in my back yard.

Well did my 'interviews' this morning. I'm down to deciding between two dudes. One is a little old school and older and one is younger but less experienced and seems really on the ball. I'm kinda leaning towards the younger dude right now, seems more in line with what my company is all about. The older guy is experienced but is not really wanting to do any of the at height work it sounds like, he was crushed badly doing a crane pic about seven years ago. Broken ribs, hip, leg, and foot while taking the saw chain to the face. He looks like he's healed up pretty good now though. I'm a bit torn, he's an ex-logger like me so we had a good bs.

The younger guy seems very eager and clean-cut, very interested in learning and has done a bit of work with a tree company, one of my local competitors, that he just quit from because of the working conditions and lack of hours. He said their training consisted of the sink or swim method in regards to climbing. I was suprised about that, seems pretty haywire.

Take the green.. You can train him to work in your parameters. Sounds like the older guy has too much that can physically go wrong also. You will also be dealing with older habits too.

That's pretty much what I'm gonna do I think. A strike for the older dude was not even shaving before showing up. I mean shoot I ain't a neat freak or nothing, but damn if you want the job you'd think you'd atleast shave? Yah I quizzed him about some of his methods he's old school all the way but he did say he'd be in to learning.

Every guy I have hired with "experience" ends up trying to be an Alpha in the team and constantly does things his way because he was taught this way so what do I know..
Young guys that are hungry and eager.. I love to teach. They often (if they have good work ethics) will easily perform to expectations or standards. You usually know within the week if they can or will cut it.

Back