How'd it go today?

I took my parents to San Francisco today to visit my daughter. We went and saw the King Tut exhibit at some museum. Some guy gave us a ticket when we were waiting in line and so my Dad bought three tickets and it was almost a hundred dollars. My Mom is an artist so she was all kinds of thrilled. Me, not so much, after the first 15 minutes, my knees start hurting and crap like that. They had a good time though. I was pretty much just the chauffeur.

So you are working on my job site, working for me, and the customer approaches you "Hey, think you guys can take out this other pine tree for me?" Rather than come to me, your paying boss, you take my $600 plus saw, my ropes and saddle then try to blow it out over lunch by yourself?
Then expect me not to get angry, much less keep you on board as a crew, after you have taken money out of my pocket and basically stolen equipment from me?
This after getting offended by us swearing because it impedes upon your Christian values?

And people wonder why I wouldn't piss on most devout Christians if they were on fire? It's called hypocrisy and double standards.

Its my saw and ALL climbing gear.And i get underpaid

Doesn't matter whose equipment you are using. If you are on someone else's payroll you are a representative of that company, and it is just plain wrong. If you can't see that you are stealing from your employer there is not much hope for you. But checking on your age you a part of the It is all about ME generation

Ridgey?
You tell your boss about it? Can you? Is he or she ok with you doing side work while you are on lunch ... In my neck of the woods... An employer can be held responsible for you getting hurt on a lunch or coffee break.. So just based on the fact you could have been injured while in their employ, even being on a lunch on a side job.. Just the fact that you could endanger your employer with a potential law suit is grounds for termination.
And what if you HAD gotten hurt?
Who is paying those med bills??

Ridgey, I don't know if you are bullshitting us, but people with more experience than you by a long means, are trying to give you some valuable advice, and all you can seem to be able to do is come up with ridiculous logic to justify your shortsighted perspective. Such an approach will not ingratiate (get the meaning?) you to people that you should feel fortunate to have as a resource. One final piece of advice from me; you aren't proving the slightest thing, other than being a sad character, and it will serve your interests much better to not be such a wise ass.

Where have i been a wiseass??? I did a side job during a workday big deal!!! I bet 99% of the members here have!!!MB even said he hands his cards out!!!

Have you ever done a side job??Its no big deal!!

Yeah guys, cut him some slack. It's hard enough pretending to be someone you're not without having to explain fabricated stories.

My dog got slapped by an iguana yesterday. He chased him to the dock, but the iguana did not jump into the water, he stopped on a boat lift and slapped the stew out of Palmer with his tail, hitting him in the eye. Our vet lives 2 doors down, so John took him over so he could look at him. He is fine, but iguanas are no longer my friend. The iguana was about 3 feet long and his tail was powerful.

Bad azz Iguana!

Winters not far and I really was lazy about getting enough firewood stacked up to dry. I ran over to the landfill, mostly old wood construction materials and whatever trees sometimes get dumped. Folks go there looking, but I lucked out with almost two tons of dry Zelkova and Oak. Ran across the scale and payed what would be around seventy-five dollars.

Good for the winter now.

You should approach things more like RangerDanger. He's a bit younger, and a lot more open minded. He'll go far.

Thanks for the compliment Dave!!! Much appreciated:D

Going up to Cincinnati today to help out some relatives. Going to dig up and move a big shrub of some kind, and some other smaller things. Hoping everything dries out for tomorrow. Going to run through an aerial rescue for the first time:)

My dog got slapped by an iguana yesterday. He chased him to the dock, but the iguana did not jump into the water, he stopped on a boat lift and slapped the stew out of Palmer with his tail, hitting him in the eye. Our vet lives 2 doors down, so John took him over so he could look at him. He is fine, but iguanas are no longer my friend. The iguana was about 3 feet long and his tail was powerful.

They taste like chicken...so I've heard. :P

Today, Steve and I pruned an 80 year old Avocado.

Reduced the top in a polite fashion.
and then thinned it a bit with some end weight reduction.

Turned into a nice tree.

The hilarious part is that the homeowner saved money (about $700) by having us pile the brush in his driveway.
They said they'd take care of it.

$500 bones in my pocket in 5 hours.

Now I can pay for my truck's powersteering explosion from yesterday.

Had to get towed from Oakland.

Anyway.

Changed the oil in the Ranger,lubed it ,oiled the rear end and tranny .Good to go for winter .

Attacked the hedge with a chainsaw .Mrs Smith wanted close trim and she got it about 18" off the ground :lol:

I've got a hollow sugar maple the wind blew the top out of .It might hit the dirt tommorrow . With that poor old tree it's not a question of it it has to go but rather when .Depends on the weather tomorrow .

Got called out on storm this morning 7 got home about noon. Took off with buddy and cut down 5 Ash and a Silver Maple, carried all the wood up hill to trailer and took it home. Done about 5:30. Pretty bushed after working till about midnight last night.

Went and did a clearing consult.. Landed a 1500.00 job and looks like it could go to 2500. Start in Jan. This guy has some great trees too, so I hope I get to play in those. One seriously awesome black oak also. This will make 4 for 5 in this neighborhood. Hope I tie it all up. :D CHA CHING :D
Came home and painted the stave panels for the railing.. Got the parts in for the pain gun last week and is still screwing up. So I will buy a new one tomorrow and use the spare parts in that one if need be. I will order one more component for this one. If it works ... then I will have two ;) Two houses on twelve acres plus clients.. It will pay for itself. Remember the log cabin? ;)

Back