How'd it go today?

Had a great dayhad aerosmith pumping on the ipod while i chipped brush and cut some logs up,The new job is going great.Just need a new girl!!

Those on the other side should bring the booms down even if the engine is not running. Using the hand pump of coarse. How long has he had the lift?

If they quit up in the basket try hitting the emergency shut down wait a minute and start back up that should reset everything. I don't remember being able to manually control the basket I will have to look tomorrow.

I would have him call Lenny or Ryan and tell them what happened I am sure they will check into it. I don't think Teupen would want a problem out there that intails the basket dumping a person out. I can call after that and tell them I heard about a problem on the net about the basket. I will check my lift tomorrow and see if the level switch can be protected better.

Anyway Brendon, if the lower boom is at the lower angle it would be possible for the upper boom to go over center. BUT ONLY IF THERE IS A PROBLEM OR MALFUNCTION, DO NOT USE IF THIS THE CASE.

I have come to the conclusion that just about anything can happen. I had a limb jamb into the controls on the bucket truck once, (older skyworker) and sent me for a ride until I could get the limb out. So anything is possible.

Dave,

He talked to someone about the basket that day on the job. They told him to secure it somehow and bring the lift up in the air from the ground within 5 degrees of level and it'll re level itself. It worked, we just need to figure out how to re attach is better.

Headed to Chicago tomorrow to help with the Illinois Comp.

I was planning on going to the comp, then I found out I have a softball tourny on the same day. :whine: If I have some time I will still stop out. Do you know what time the comp wraps up at?

I just renewed my vehicle tags and the fees have almost doubled since last year. For my personal vehicles it's still not bad ($161 for my pickup, boat, boat trailer and utility trailer) but when my big truck tags come due in December I'm looking at $369 (was $206 last year). :(

Florida vehicle registration fees have always been fairly low compared to other states, but they sure fixed that. I suspect that next year my boat trailer and utility trailer may be sharing a tag. :/:

I just got the renewal notice for my pickup yesterday and it was $332. $56 registration fee, $9 license fee, $257 weight fee, and $10 county/district fee. I have to take and have it smogged at a test only station, which is about $75 if there are no problems and send in evidence of liability insurance with my check. I don't know why they need that because if your insurance lapses then the DMV is notified and your registration is suspended.

I just bought new tags for four of my vehicles Tuesday. They cost me $200 and some change. The "tag" charge is $24.25 on each vehicle...the ad valorum (why the heck do they call it that????) varies on the different vehicles. The ad valorum onmy 1995 3/4 ton 4x4 was less than $2. Next up was the '99 Saturn, then the '01 Xterra then the '98 Z71. On the z71 it was over $40 plus the $24.25 "Total Tag and Tax". I know these figures are probably a lot better than some of you have to deal with, but when I think of the millions of dollars generated by this "racket", I'm less than happy. I get NOTHING for paying out these fees, year after year. I don't tag the other three vehicles I own. They run just fine without tags.

It would cost a fortune to retag a retired vehicle around here. You have to pay all the years and penalties, unless you buy a annual non-op permit for $18. They fund the DMV and the State Highway Patrol from the funds. Our registration costs used to be even higher but when Arnold came in he pledged in his campaign to lower DMV fees and they were cut about in half. Now they have been raised to try and fill the state budget shortfall. I bought a pickup new in 1990 and the first years tag was over $800 for a 3/4 ton, extended cab chevy.

My dump truck's registration fee is $58. I moved here from California, everything is ridiculously affordable here.

Today's silver maple removal went smoothly, almost as if I knew what I was doing.

I got a nice little speeding fine for 80 in a 65. I was going 84 and he dropped down to 80 to save me 100bucks. Grand total 155 bucks. I wasn't even late. What a dumb ass...

Most wrap up around 3:00. I imagine this one will to. I'm working the footlock tree.

We finished the mistletoe tree today and quit early. Today is my Wife's day to watch the grandson so I'll be heading over there to see them.

Scraped and caulked as much as I could, my help did most of that while I rebuilt a chunk of sofit and facia then tried o re-create a piece of crown moulding for the exterior trim. Not that easy, but it's close, I used a table saw, a hand plane, a chiesel, and a sander. All that I had on the job with me.

Feel like crap, not sure if I am getting Bubba's crap or not, but ready to go to bed!

Visited the welder this morn and got my big old d-rings welded on the inside of the bed for the mini, finally. $15, gotta love him.

Went to my gf's parents house and knocked out an Ash, and Kousa dogwood over the house. On the ground and cleaned up two hours later. Got a nice chunk of Kousa for my bowl turning guy, and I'll probably keep a nice piece for myself for future use. Did a bid, then chillllllllled.

tired. ground pounded all day then climbed one removal and got it done in 15min. Forgot again how easy groundsmen have it. Had to fix all my guys mess-ups today. Can't wait 'till he shows up Mon.:X

We finished the mistletoe tree today and quit early. Today is my Wife's day to watch the grandson so I'll be heading over there to see them.

So you did do the mistletoe tree :D Cool :D

Cleaned up that white oak mess and proceeded to lift a bunch of trees I an;t for the life of me remember the name of :|: All from the ground ... then chipped it all by my lonesome.. Made some decent money and I still have more to do over there. Climb up and doctor up the broken limb is one of my tasks.

Katy went in for a CT scan and had a reaction to the dye... Rob had to take her home as I was unreachable. Kinda freaked me out when they pulled up with Rob driving at the job site.. :\:
All is well. They shot her up with benedryl and she came home and took a nap ...
Came home.. Cooked pizza and ran back out the door to a consult... :|:

I am beat!

Sheared the chain adjuster pin off on the larger Husky in the woods today, first tree in the morning. Ended up having to use a 35cc saw with a short bar the rest of the day. That gets old.... Unusually hot day too.

I've done that on my Stihl's a time or two. To tension the chain I'd hold the bar vertical, lifting the powerhead off the ground, and tighten the mounting bolts.

Ha!

I was a high paid climber today. Wrecked an Aspen, pruned a White Oak from over a house, and limbed up these ugly White Pines to about 50' so they can blow over onto the guys house now. All 3 different jobs for this old man. He hauls everything in his pickup, I make a huge mess and leave with a wad of cash. Wraptor made life lovely once again.

Back