How'd it go today?

14 crane removals....and it did not rain:D.....:big-money:

yes...Wraptor....Wraptor:rockon:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_z-hEyVQDRA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_z-hEyVQDRA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good to see you back John. 14? Holy shat!
Start callin you the over achiever:lol:

Damn straight the Wraptor is the Shat! Practiced with it today ... It ROCKS...
Did I mention it was awesome and the Shat!8):dude::dude:

crane crack........second job was owner directing the majic wand:lol:....more, more, more....I SAY!!!!!!!

Dang John, 14?!! WOW!!!

Had a good day today. Whip locked the Blaze splice, talked with Mike about the job Monday. I'm off school Monday and we're going to use Mike as a contract climber. A HUGE Sycamore over a 100 year old stallion barn from my understanding. Just about the most important building on the farm. Just about every piece will be lowered. Going to be AWESOME!!!

Hoping for no rain tomorrow. Doing another half day at Ashland. Working on cleaning up some Ice Storm damage. Might get into a few small removals tomorrow, and some small felling. Can't wait!!

PSI... pest scene investigator

Went to a great field day today where we drove around and looked at identifying all kinds of local forest pests. From memory we identified Dwarf mistletoe in pondorosa pine and douglas-fir, madrone bole canker, western pine gall, diplodia, laminated root rot, black stain in douglas-fir, douglas-fir beetle, fir engraver, and thats all I can remember right now

Some idiot just put his car in the ditch behind my house, across the road. It's probably five ft. deep and eight ft. wide, he hit the concrete culvert, headlights facing right in my back window:lol: It's like friggin Christmas out there right now:lol:

Got nipped today.

Working on a ridge above a spillway, I flopped a pine, part of this job to remove the larger trees to allow better growing conditions for the more valuable lumber yielding Cypress, planted some years back. Tree didn't stay on the ridge as planned, but half ended up down over the spillway bank on a rather sharp angle, and resting on good sized limbs on each side in the water. Just a shallow creek running through this time of year. Lots of tension in the limbs, from the weight of the trunk hanging down. On steep ground, I lightened it up as much I could above the bank. The heart of the matter was down in the spillway between concrete walls, with not much jump away room available when cutting. I gingerly cut the limbs trying to work out the stresses, but I miss calculated, and the tree rolled and slid.....just enough time to bail after hearing the crack, but I still was pinned up against the concrete wall with a nice bang in the back, and with a lot of weight on my foot. Fortunately, mostly soft sand and small gravel on the floor of the canal. Could have been worse for sure, but just a bruise. Tricky situation, got to be more careful. It took two and a half hours to clear that darn tree out of there. Wet and filthy when done too. :|:

The rest of the day went lots better.

Ha, really, and later the guy ramroding the job said, "Oh, no need to cut the ones above the spillway, I forgot to tell you". :cry:

Glad the situation isn't worse than it is Jay. Would have been nice if you would have been fully informed on the job specs. eh?

Back