How'd it go today?

I was supposed to do a root prune and Bio Barrier installation this morning, but as I was loading the root pruner on the trailer, the disc started spinning. I figured the centrifugal clutch had lost a spring, but when I got it all apart, it was a frozen bearing. It would have been an easy fix had I not broken the flange that the clutch bolts onto. :X Now I'm waiting for the part to be shipped from Toronto, eh? Here's a pic after I pulled the covers, guards, muffler, sheave, and clutch assembly.

Attachments

• pics8 013.jpg
    pics8 013.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Kohler motor.jpg
    Kohler motor.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 39
I will get some 1/2 tube, clear.. About 60 feet.. You fill a jug with water and place on a ladder next to a post that will be marked the height you want. First use tube as a siphon to fill and then raise so it equals... Equalize to the line you have made.. Then you can walk to each post tube held high and make a mark on each one as it equalizes.
cob-73.jpg

http://weblife.org/cob/cob_035.html

Stephen use some cheap windshield washer fluid, the blue stuff. Makes it a lot easier to see in the clear tubing. Then pour back in the jugs for later use or for the vehicles....:)

That's actually a pretty good idea Dave. We normally just use colored water.... Only takes a couple drops :) Thanks. And that bucket would have been very handy Willie...
Now that I think about it.. I usually don't have to raise wood into the air to chunk down:|:

The never ending saga of my new carreer of being a tunnel rat continues .

I did install a very nice all metal drier vent,that's done .While I was in the hole I needed to strap up my geo-thermal drain pipe which had came loose for some reason .

Damned if I didn't some how break a coupling loose while the unit was in operation pumping 10 gallon a minute through a 1 1/2" pipe and drown myself .:what: I fixed it ,mad as a wet hen or perhaps rooster .

Ran the ropes as a groundie today. A "half day" turned into a full day, and the pay was decent. Got a pretty good sunburn, looking up all day.

I'm done with my first class, next one is in 3 hours. I'm in the library and when I went to www.gypoclimber.com, Meeka's picture was on the rotator and the fuggin mouse was chitty (I swapped it for my neighbor's). I sat up straight in the chair and tried to block as much of the screen as possible.

:lol:

That is funny.. I remember when Katy first saw that pic of Meeka. By the first look on her face I guess she figured I was checking out somebody on the web... Her next look like ... Ohhh you're on the Tree House... Then .... "who is that? One of the girls on here or one of the wives/friend. I bet she dances. Cool.... " ... LOL

Hahaha. I once opened a thread (while in class, different) that's title seemed innocent enough. The thread loaded, then this giant picture.... I nearly yelped as the teacher was helping the kid next to me and it was certainly not the kinda picture I'd ever want to be caught looking at.

It's funny, the computer next to me is now occupied, and she's doing large figure 8's getting the cursor where she wants it. Doesn't seem to notice it's a bit FUBAR.

They called for another high 90's day today.

Got to the job from yesterday at about 7:05. Greg pulled firewood pieces up the hill with the mini. Piled the wood, blew the area, planted some grass, out by 9:30 with a check and an extra $100 bonus. Guy was stoked.

Went to Walmart to find bar oil, $8 a gallon- perfect!

Picked up an oil change for the Ford, got emissions done on the Toyota, and my errands are done.

Good deal, Brendon.

I had a short day today. I cleaned up a few live oaks, tons of moss. The cleanup guys only chipped about half the debris. They threw the rest of it straight into the truck. Moss doesn't chip very well.

Had a great day.
Yesterday, standing waistdeep in muddy water, clearing vegetation out of waterways as usual, and thinking about whether I could really call myself a treeman anymore, I got a call about making an emergency run.
The top had broken out of a sycamore in the middle of Copenhagen and was hanging by a thread. Took the whole tree out today, climbing and lowering. Good weather and even though I was sneezing and couching from whatever it is that is in sycamore, it was a great day.
I fell like a treeman again!

4 days to do first aid?

Baby sittting today as work is slow. Rented the dingo to my old boss for the day. Sold some walnut logs, and now waiting for the boy to wake up

Full first aid cert needed for Lantra instructor. PITA

I've been busier than hell here. Still trying to play catch up this month, lots of bills and taxes from my truck rolling fiasco. I've finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel though.

Hot and humid. Got equipment moved to a land clearing site, bushwacked about 600 feet of skid trail from adjoining property to avoid wetlands. Called it a day at lunch time. Ready to rock 'n roll in the morning.

I got a call to take out a good size Valley Oak and I told them I could do it tomorrow. I had better charge up the camera. I had a meeting with one of the yellow page ad guys this morning and then did a bid. It was for a school teacher and I'll bet she asked questions for an hour. I had to take a bill to a town about a half hour away and I just got back. I have a saw to sharpen for tomorrow.

Stig, Good for you. It's definitely a happy thing it is to get out of the water and back on dry land.:)

so-so day today. Had great time doing some challenging climbs, but new groundie is slower than molasses in January.

This one will be going into the service in a couple months. Haven't figured how I end up with all these "temps", but would really like to have a guy who wants to learn and is worth taking the time to teach. Oh well....he has his good points too, I guess.

Back