How'd it go today?

Me too. I picked up some more work pants. They are no longer carrying the Poulan bar oil in gallon jugs, just quarts at $3.47 each. :roll: I went over to the automotive section and found one gallon of Super Tech bar oil, I'll try it.

Brian Orscheln farm supply up here carries the poulan bar oil in the black jug, red colored oil. I usually buy a couple dozen at a time. I don't know if they are in your area tho. The super tech sucks in my opinion. But thats just me....:P

Last edited:
Studied most of yesterday and this morning. Needed to actually do something with wood instead of just reading about the stuff so started shaping a bridge for a buddies fiddle.

Went and got fence posts this morning before it got hot down in the valley.. Had to stop to lend a hand on the Hwy on the way down.. Got about 1/2 way there and saw a gal pulled over and standing in the middle of the road.. She was guarding a run over Bob Cat from getting hit again. We parked the truck to detour traffic in a two passing lane area and she left to go get a cage. The Cat decided under the truck was better and dragged herself under it.. So we moved the truck a couple times from over her and she followed it to the shoulder. Cage came and the girl was from a ranch up the road. She also works at the 24hr animal hospital in Merced. So we caged the cat (verrrrrrry carefully) and sent them on their way... Hope the cat makes it ....

Attachments

• P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010029.JPG
    P1010029.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010030.JPG
    P1010030.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 5
Dave, you make musical instruments? That's really cool. 8)
You can't just drop a comment like that around here without going into more detail than that. :what:

I realized a few weeks ago that a lot of my climbing gear hadn't been replaced in quite a while, so I've been upgrading some small things recently. Today I made a new lanyard to replace the old one, which had somehow managed to survive 2 years without a single nick. It was getting worn down enough, though, that it was time for a replacement.

Attachments

• IMGP4792.JPG
    IMGP4792.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice job with the wildcat!!

Today was good overall, expect for the end. We got to the job around 12:30, then our buddy calls around 12:45 saying he can't come get the wood because he has to be somewhere by 4(he had plenty of time to come in, just blowing us off we think) so we had to stuff our chip truck, make an hour an a half round trip to dump the wood, and we came back and called it a day. We still have more wood to pickup, mostly small stuff.

The borrowed skid steer also has a flat now. It had a leak, but it turned into a full blown flat while we were gone to dump. Got it on the trailer, and getting a new one tomorrow.

And finally, to top it off, our Chevy 3500 is having some problems. On the way home, in 4wd only, it makes a clanking sound. Didn't see anything under the truck, so it must be internal. Anyone have any ideas?? It only does it in 4wd. Truck is fine in 2wd.

U-Joint on a drive shaft ?
Lanyard looks nice Leon... I love tinkering with the gear... Just shortened a couple of my old ropes... Made me feel better to know what I got.. But it was like losing part of an old friend:|:

And since it's a 4wd chevy... I will also add... Does it have any odd size tires in one of the four corners.. or one worn more than the others... Like did you have to ut a spare on recent..?

No odd sized tires.

We didn't try any serious curves or turns, Mostly just a straight road.

It was hauling a 7000lb skid steer, but it never has a problem hauling it.

We'll check the u-joint tomorrow also. Just hoping it's something simple and not complex.

Those bobcats are really cool. I'm visiting my parents and they are all upset because my sister in Florida is losing her house.

Dave, you make musical instruments? That's really cool. 8)
You can't just drop a comment like that around here without going into more detail than that. :what:

I do a small amount of repairs, mostly on my own instruments. Thinking of maybe building a mandolin this winter if I get the tools all put together.

Really tough day, as you can tell.

:)

Attachments

• Charlettes_First_Fish.jpg
    Charlettes_First_Fish.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 3
Back