How'd it go today?

Its super easy to climb after you get it dialed in. I should say that we set it up with a rope walker pulley and a VT.

They worked for a rafting trip and lunch.

Good deal... and they get to learn something too! I've been thinking of taking my ground guy to some big trees and teaching him more climbing, but I haven't figured out what to do.

Tree climbing, lunch, then fishing :D Deal.

Today was more view clearance tree murder, then a 22T hemlock and red oak removal. Red oak was SUPER rotten, dead, and leaning in two sour wood trees, so it was pick all of it or nothing. I was worried, but the whole 35 ft, 30" stem only weighed 4300. :O Talk about rotten and dry!!

Knocked the dust off my gear and went for a rec climb. Hit my first shot with the throw bag but it was probably only 25' so I had to advance my line plus do some old fashioned crotch climbing to get up to the top. Wearing shorts wasn't my best idea either but it was enjoyable just the same. Should've got a picture of the big pile of deadwood that accumulated by the time I was done.:)

I need a better camera.

Attachments

• treeeclimb 024.JPG
    treeeclimb 024.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 60
  • treeeclimb 002.JPG
    treeeclimb 002.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 59
  • treeeclimb 014.JPG
    treeeclimb 014.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 59
  • treeeclimb 019.JPG
    treeeclimb 019.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 60
  • treeeclimb 008.JPG
    treeeclimb 008.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 60
  • treeeclimb 023.JPG
    treeeclimb 023.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 61
Just an insight into my sic, twisted sense of humor. My Mrs. is sick with a terrible sore throat, she says it feels like someone scratched her throat with razor blades:( Anyway I went to pharmacy to get her her script and came home. She opened the script and almost started crying, The pills were HUGE, about an inch long and 1/2 inch wide, for a sore throat!!!:O I about died laughing:lol: Guess I aint getting lucky for a while!!!

so far so good. momma is in the shower getting ready for work, Bub is pulling my cd's out of the box and stepping on them. After I shower up Bub and I are headed to the farmers market to see whats new then after supper I am headed to see Dog speak, with a couple friends I havent seen in ages. :D

cool, shorter line up for me then :) I dont go to much of anything, movies, concerts etc, the amount I spend annually would be less than $50, I wont lose much sleep over seeing him for a few bucks. Hell I paid about $60 to see Ozzy stagger around the stage 4 or 5 years ago when he was in town, basically to be able to say I saw him live, once. :D

Hell I paid about $60 to see Ozzy stagger around the stage 4 or 5 years ago when he was in town, basically to be able to say I saw him live, once. :D

At least you can say you've been to a rock concert, I've never been to one. Have an enjoyable time w/old friends.

Another cold day here for July, only 66 degrees so far. Spending most of it with dog in my lap studying for CA exam coming up in Aug.

Set date w/friend to help train his climber. Mostly simpler stuff, double crotching, re-directs, and maybe a bit of rigging depending on time.

Used to play
in bands at a lot of Festivals & such and just never could bring myself to pay what they wanted to watch someone else having all that fun on stage while I just sat and watched.

Well I'm gonna battle the heat and paint my ghetto 1 ton dump. I'll get some before and after pics for y'all to critique.:D

Man, I've seen so many concerts when I was young it was crazy. Pink Floyd, KISS and Alice Cooper were the best.

Used to play
in bands at a lot of Festivals & such and just never could bring myself to pay what they wanted to watch someone else having all that fun on stage while I just sat and watched.

I so know what he means though.. I feel the same way about racing... More fun behind the wheel...

Today kinda sucked... I over slept and got a late start on a PITA account on a toasty day. Got it done in 3.5 hours and sat in the shade discussing who might benefit from our half day at another account... Consensus was that we will take the rest of this hot day and tomorrow off. Rest up and work on Monday instead (was a scheduled day off). We are going to unload the truck and make a dump/beer run and get ready to go pick up some fence posts in the valley around 7am tomorrow.

Back