How'd it go today?

I have an acquaintance who lost an eye to that same incident. The hook on a black rubber bungee let go and hit him in the left eye. I now waer saftey glasses anytime I put a lot of stress on a bungee.

one of my property mngrs was moving a fridge, it moved on the fwy and she pulled over to adjust it, and was hit in the eye, did some damage, she said she was on her knees on the side of the truck holding her hand over her eye, until someone noticed and pulled over to check on her, did some damage required surgery, some vision damage

i trust no bungee, just ropes and knots,

glad ya didnt take it to the eye

Finished up at the strata job I took on, 26 billable hours after working three half days. might be posting a lot next week, no work booked as yet. :(

The hedge shears sure got a workout on this site, the north and south perimeter fence has that row of dr suess cedars, I hate them but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? The rest of the place is general shrubbery, I am asked to attend to the stuff under 4 meters tall.

Attachments

• P7106371.JPG
    P7106371.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P7106367.JPG
    P7106367.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 4
sure, we could stop every 10 kilometers through the prairies and clean the skeeters off the windshield. lol

Today started good, got a bit better, got worse, and hit the high point when I came home to a box with my name on it!! I had ordered a slightly used Sequoia of TB for only $275 I think, which I thought was great after seeing they went up to around $400. Can't wait to try it out Monday!

As far as work, it was hot and muggy today. I climbed a Walnut and removed two moderate limbs, and then it was landscaping for the rest of the day. Prepping beds, mulching, planting, etc. Overall, a boring day, expect for the climb and the package.

Sold a Kenworth tractor yesterday. Making a dump truck out of it. I painted it today as well as the dump box.

Customer needs to pick it up on Tuesday.

I hate being rushed.

Attachments

• 101_1754.jpg
    101_1754.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 0708091314a.jpg
    0708091314a.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 0710091055a.jpg
    0710091055a.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 60
Looks good, Andrew.

Today I received my box of eBay ropes that Carl ordered on my behalf. I bought a 102'x½" double braid to replace the rope on my material handler, and I bought several short lengths of ¾" and ⅝" for making up some rigging slings. I've already made the first sling today, 10'x⅝" finished length with tight eyes on each end.

I also just had another massage. My massage therapist came by about 4 and worked me over for an hour. I have to tell you, that is probably the best money I've spent in a long time. I highly recommend it to anybody who is dealing with any type of ongoing muscular pain or tightness.
:)

Talk about quick Andrew. I've been wanting to blast and shoot the cab back frame on my truck for a while now, and it'll be a while till it gets done. :lol:

My day was chilled. Watched this morning as my bro's dog scratched the shit out of my yota's door :X, came home looked at two jobs- both seem plausible, then went for a five mile bike ride in the woods, couple miles on street. I'm pretty beat up from it, but definitely going to try to make it a daily deal.

My right shoulder has been hurting like a mofo for the last couple of days. Can't raise my arm above my shoulder. It's the shoulder I dislocated probably a hundred times in wrestling and football in high school. I loaded a couple ton of wood yesterday and probably strained something. The pain kind of goes up my shoulder to my neck too. Did a small job this morning, a bid and emptied everything from yesterday. I have another small job to do but I'm not feeling it. I need someone to yell at me.

Back