How'd it go today?

Why shorten them, Willie? Don't you see the advantages of a 10' wide dump trailer? :lol:

Oh, my emergency call today was a cakewalk. I cut down one small hanger and cleaned off a couple stubs. The guy had a real mess in his yard although it didn't do much damage. He was all worried over a few plants.

Get rid of those tires as fast as you can Willie!!!! Convert it over and run a regular trailer tire! Those tires are teribly expensive, and most people don't think about it, but are designed for one way trips. That is the life span of them!
Ask me how I know so much about them, I dare ya:lol:

That's pretty sweet on the trailer frame Willie. Does the iron look kind of light on the frame of the dumping part?

Another thought on the trailer. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't use expanded metal at least not on the bottom. There would be the potential for hangers that could tear it up easily. Carl will correct me if I am wrong I am sure, but I think you can get sheet stock cheaper than expanded metal anyway?

Trailer axles generally use 14.5 inch tires,the same as used on low boy commercial trailers .You can get by using the mobile home tires but a little tip,put tubes in them and keep around 90 pounds of air in them . Low boy tires are around 90 bucks a pop .Maybe more as it's been a time since I bought any .

Mobile home axles are usually rated at 6,000 pounds .

Another thought on the trailer. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't use expanded metal at least not on the bottom. There would be the potential for hangers that could tear it up easily. Carl will correct me if I am wrong I am sure, but I think you can get sheet stock cheaper than expanded metal anyway?

Steel is generally priced by the pound, so for the same guage, expanded metal should be considerably cheaper. I bought some 1/2" 13ga for those AC cages for $90ish (6x10). 4x8 was $45ish. I do agree that it'd suck moose lips for a tree service's dump trailer.

Now way am I running expanded metal, I want stuff to stay in going down the road and to come out when I dump!
Steve, the sides are built to light but I think the actual fram of the bed is fine. What is your opinion? I can take measurements when I get it home

Alright, I'm on the move this morning. I've cut the grass, trimmed and edged the sidewalks, blown the sidewalks and decks, and alap'd a stump. Time for a quick breakfast, a shower, and to see about grabbing up the golf clubs. :/:

I'm beat!! It's 95 with 60% humidity already! We just got done with five yards of concrete already.
Take a shower and head for the bar for some grub until we go back and form this evening.
Man it's FREAKING HOT!!

Dang Andy, that's brutal. You need to move to Florida to cool off. :lol:

It's about 92 right now with 50% humidity.

It was 90 here Saturday with 80% or greater humidity. Thats what kills us around here, is the humidity.

But man, today was AWESOME!!! I got to do a small Pine Removal before lunch, so I was able to get some spike time in. I also dropped 4 Pine sticks, around 20' high, each with a pull line. For the most part, they went where I wanted them to go, but when you look at the stump there are definitely areas I need to improve on. Like my back cut, my first stick was below the face. The next 3 were better, but each had some slope to it. Have to work on getting that bar flat during my back cut.

After that I did 2 Maples that had old Ice storm damage. Not huge trees, but good practice for the comp and helping me on work positioning. And tomorrow is more climbing and pruning dead wood. WOO!!!!

Pics and vids to come when I get the camera.

Slayed some more grass today on two jobs... First one is one of those jobs you just don't look forward to every year :P Then the client decided to go boating while we worked... See that check in a couple days:roll:
Then went to his bud he referred us to and worked a couple hours... Will take another day to finish though... Good sized job... He is going to have us clear back 15 foot on both sides of his 1/2 mile driveway and have me start trimming trees.... Got paid for his place today and came home to a check from my client in Spain.... So all and all a decent day.... And of course having Lilly and Levi smiles to come home to was grand :D

Decent day, made good money for a couple small jobs. Took the chip truck into the shop to have the fuel tank switch replaced. I hate paying guys to go to the gas station all the time. Payed for my trailer and picked up the rest of the parts other than the frame itsself. Got 1 quote of 6 hundred something per axle! Definatly not paying that

If it was me Willie I would go check out some new trailers and see how heavy they are built. Wouldn't be too hard to strengthen things up now if it is necessary.
I removed 3 alder trees today, 1 dead the other 2 were not looking too good. All of them had metal fence posts used as stakes and the trunk had grown around them.

Definatly going to replace the angle iron in the corners with tube. I'll figure the rest out when it shows up. Unlike Carl I build as I go with an idea in mind, i'd be lost with cad stuff!

Yeah that outside angle iron was what stuck out to me. My floor supports are about a foot apart. They were angle iron I think about 2" then some random size square tube in the middle. (using what we had)

I've bent some of mine dropping big pieces into an empty trailer. I now load a few pieces through the back door if I don't have anything small to put on the bottom to keep the large pieces from denting the floor.

Yeah, definatly need a cushion. I will skin it pretty lightly so I may do some more light floor supprots

Back