How'd it go today?

I don't think I have bid that much in the last three weeks Willie. I have a job for monday. Did some brush hauling with the trailer and tractor today. Can only get 2 to 3 thousand pounds on the trailer loading it that way.

Katy just sold two baby goats... Male withered..... 2 for 60.00
They just drove off with them... My baby rocks!:rockon::rockon:
Did I mention we have pregnant females again?
These things breed like rabbits... Should be able to do rent a goat in a couple years :D

Even worse is when you have plenty of work lined up, but the damn weather won't let you get to it.

Such is the life here in New England right now.

Katy just sold two baby goats... Male withered..... 2 for 60.00
They just drove off with them... My baby rocks!:rockon::rockon:
Did I mention we have pregnant females again?
These things breed like rabbits... Should be able to do rent a goat in a couple years :D

Goats go for $200-$300 around here.

Man, our weather sucks right now. Around 95 or higher, with 80% or higher humidity. I was drained by the end of the day.

Today I climbed another Walnut and did some roof clearence. Did some simple rigging, and got in a couple of good swings(one good have been great, expected I forgot to flip my chain saw over the branch and it messed me up) Then I was groundman for Dad who did a Scottish Pine I think. That thing sucked. You had to fight every little piece out and there. The branches were almost glued to each other.

You can probably compare it to a Bishiop Pine. I remember Jerry saying something about them on a DVD.

In Dad's words: "That has to be the worst pine I have EVER climbed"

I went hiking in the Pecos Wilderness yesterday. Most of the snow has finally melted. Here are a few photos. The panorama
(click on it!) is from above timberline, around 12,500 ft looking towards the Truchas Peaks. It was beautiful, all the streams flowing, flooded meadows, lots of wildflowers.

Attachments

• ridgetopcrop.jpg
    ridgetopcrop.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP4204.resized.JPG
    IMGP4204.resized.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMGP4221.resized.JPG
    IMGP4221.resized.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 3
Goats go for $200-$300 around here.

Depends on the breed and quality of the breed, papered or not.... They are cheaper here too...
We have pygmies and these were male so low dollar.... Females go for about 75 each. Milk goats go higher... Our Nubians fetched better money for the females and there are breeds like Saanan that can fetch 5-600.00 per head.
That's ok.... We deal in volume... like I said about rabbits :lol:

Today rocked... Two tree jobs and 2 weed eating done today and lots of paycheck :D Got to climb a tree I have been wanting to for a while to take some low limbs out of it... They were about on the roof and fire place. Went up... rigged them up and lowered all at once... Love dem in and out jobs :D They fed us lunch too. The first limbing job this am turned into a removal. they decided once I was pruning it back that it just should go.... Was on the edge of a roof so I could just cut to swing them or snap them right off. Then flopped about 20 foot of stem, bucked it up and outie;) Only 14"DBH leaner. So I just put in a high line in the tree over and next to it and walked around on the limbs that had to go prior to the felling... They were all about horizontal, near to it anyway.

Supposed to go to my Mom's tonight.... My sister is out from Colorado. They are having some sort of party over there. Have to wait till the day care kids get all picked up and we can jet if they pick them up early enough...

Awesome day! :D

I put on my artist hat today and played Rembrant .Painted some lawn furniture . A gallon of Rustolium hunter green and a Binks model 7 spray gun made short work of the task .

Well rafting was my choice for what to do for Dad's Day this year. We went today instead of tomorrow so we'd have a day of rest before the week starts again in ernest. It was a very pretty stretch of the Payette River and we saw osprey, deer, a bald eagle and lots of other wildlife. All Haley wanted to do was to go through the rapids. She sat on the bow of the boat through all but the roughest of rapids that we took(Class III). Someday maybe she will take the North Fork's seemingly endless Class IVs.

The second photo is worth clicking on.

Attachments

• Smooth Sailing.jpg
    Smooth Sailing.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Falling Out.jpg
    Falling Out.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Sans Moi.jpg
    Sans Moi.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 13
Blown up. I thought I heard the guide yell "Drop ballast!"

Attachments

• Expressions.jpg
    Expressions.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 14
Are you screaming? That looks pretty fun. I worked on my pickup and the equipment today. I actually have two yes that's two days of work scheduled for next week. When I pressed the powersteering pulley on I went a little too far and the pulley wasn't lined up with the other pulleys. I had to go out to my cousin's and get the pulley pulling/pressing tool kit and I got everything sharpened up and greased the boom.

Looks like a neat trip Darin! Cool pics!!

I was a bum today. We went fishing last night, Bubba finally got to go but he got skunked:cry: Caught one Channel cat, around eight pounds. Needed to go set re-bar and form for a pour Monday, but we got every bit of four inches of rain, so Monday may not work for pouring concrete!
Got mama's bike up and working and they went for a ride, then I played frisbee with him outside. He has gotten god thanks to Brian explaining the correct form to him:lol:

very cool Darin, great pics. :)
I was a volunteer for a few hours today at the world rose festival in vancouver, in our new convention center, a cavernous beast indeed. check out these huge escalators, it was in the range of 60 steps high, I was looking for a tie in point! :D

oh, and those picnic tables I built got painted and used in the UBC children's area. :)

Attachments

• Photo_062009_001.jpg
    Photo_062009_001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo_062009_006.jpg
    Photo_062009_006.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Photo_062009_002.jpg
    Photo_062009_002.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo_062009_004.jpg
    Photo_062009_004.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo_062009_003.jpg
    Photo_062009_003.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 9
One of the Hispanic households that lives behind me has just acquired some chickens. I'm not willing to tolerate that kind of noise at all hours of the day and night. Time to call animal control.

Awwwww.....I like chickens. As long as they don't have roosters under your window it's no big deal. Are they laying hens? If they were fighting roosters then I might understand.

Back