How'd it go today?

Brian there were multiple service lines and a transmission line that it could have potentially taken down if the notch failed. It'd involve atleast 3 or 4 service drops and then still the risk of the transmission line.

I felt eerie just walking around that tree let alone climbing it. One had already failed and the one other spar/stub that I fell was pure punk. There's three problem trees there all cottonwoods and all about as far gone. One failed a couple of weeks ago and narrowly missed their cabin.

In this pic you can see one of the other ones.

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 49
I'm seriously thinking crane with a manbasket and piece out the section that hangs back over the boat shed, skin it out to a spar and then I'd fell the spar. Also if that set-up was on site, then we could deal with the other two fairly easily. I really have no desire to tie into any of these three trees whatsoever.

Congrats Justin, Discretion-such a rare commodity that you probably just used up 1/2 of Canada's annual alotment. You greedy so-and-so.:P

Wise decision, Justin. Crispy cottonwoods are not to be trifled with. There's way too many of them around here...

I was on my way to grind a couple of stumps and got an emergency call. A chinese pistachio tree had broken a big bark included limb and they wanted the rest of the tree taken down. I just finished and it was the first kind of hot day this year.

This morning I got my poor poor broken bucket truck back to my paint and body guy. :cry: He started right in on it and was supposed to have all the fiberglass work done today so he could paint it tomorrow after he gets back from surfing.

This afternoon I drove to St. Pete to look at a truck for PCTREE Paul. He originally wanted me to look at a 2004 F550 with a 6.0 but they also had a 2003 F550 with the 7.3. They were both in decent overall shape with minor issues, I think he's going to deal on the 2003 though. Better designed motor IMO although the 6.0 I looked at ran very well.

Just got back from looking at a car. 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 143,000 miles, but it's well taken care of. Mom work's at our mechanics shop and it's one of his son's that selling it. New brakes, clean engine, 4x4, never been smoked in, nice, clean interior. Only $2500. I believe we're going to buy it, and Dad and I will share it, since I get my intermediate license where I can drive by myself in late May!!!

I had a '93 or '94 Grand Cherokee. Mine had over 200k on it. It was a pretty good ride, despite it's age. I liked it for running around in. Easy to park, you can get a boat load of junk in it. Gave it to a friend, he's still running it.

Well if anybody is looking for one I have a cherry 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in my driveway as I type this post .A tad over 40 thousand miles and half that amount was being towed behind a motor home .Never been smoked in either .$10,500 cash and drive it home .

All I did today was change the oil in my brother's van. Yesterday, all I did was get some rock for my driveway and spread a ton of it in an hour and a half, which included a trip for more(small bed on my rental). :/:

Squishy, sometimes you can take branches out of old cotton woods like that just by hooking them with your throwball.

Squish.... ya made the right call.

Me? Effed off, mostly. Got the equipment greased up, then went up to Mikey's to get the maybe-ours bucket fired up, and give it a test flight.

4.5 hours of lacrosse practice this morning. Watched Erik mess w/ the bucket, laid on the couch and watched lacrosse all afternoon. 30 of my son's 7th grade classmates came over for a party/dance get together thing that the wife cooked up. I laid on the couch, watched some more lacrosse and drank beer for that fun-filled event.:D

Back