How'd it go today?

I'm actually gonna beat the rain for once, even with the stoopid crane operator running late...

Rescheduled an apple pruning job today due to snow. Put in a bid for summer pruning 95 overgrown apples for the client's neighbor.

:thumbup: Good for you Leon. The snow didn't happen here-rain rain rain.

I'm not sure which is worse: snow or rain. Working on the ground, snow almost certainly seems better, as long as it's not too bitterly cold. On the other hand I've never climbed a snowy tree. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, I suppose. I'll avoid them both, if I can.

Today went well again. Me and my bro knocked out a Hickory tree removal. We finished at 10:30, the HO was going to check on us to see how we were making out at lunch. We kinda beat him.

We did a whack job on some sweetgums today. Owner irrated me when he asked me to go back to the top for the 3rd time to make a couple more cuts. I normally am mellow but really had to bite my tounge as I asked him the last time I was there if that was all. He knew I was irratated so to be nice he said "you guys do nice work", to myself I said, "well, we try to" :lol:

Wow, he must have been one of those 'special' peopled to irritate you, Willie. Over the years you've impressed me as a very mellow and easygoing person. Did you pull a Squisher on him? :P

I had two jobs today. My first job was a removal I had forgotten that I had scheduled, then I had an 'all day' job removing four oaks. I was at the first job at 7:45 and had the saw in my hand ready to crank when the clock struck 8am. I had the tree finished (including cutting up the 32" trunk) and was pulling away at 9:30.

Got to the second job at 9:45 (only 45 minutes late) and everybody was standing around waiting on me. I made good time on those four removals and had three done by 1:30 when we broke for lunch. Finished by 3:30 and was home by 4.

I guess I haven't given my paint and body guy enough money, because I had one bad cut and the limb swung back and took aim on my brand new fender. The following two pictures show what it looked like on Monday and then what it looks like right now. :cry:

Yeah, curb weight is almost 28K lbs.

Yeah, there's a break in the hood plus a couple cracks in either direction. At least 4 of the bolt holes where the fender attaches are broken out as well, so they will have to be rebuilt.

Man, that sucks Skwerl. Sorry for your misfortune.

Happy its Friday, with very little homework this weekend. Ordered 14' of Hi-Vee for another Friction saver. Next weekend is the big Arbor Day volunteer event. Around 14 tree crews from about 10 businesses around the area, doing the poorer side of town. The area has one park with some BIG Bur Oaks. I would guess 250 years old at least, a couple may be 300 and up. Since I don't have an FS big enough for these I figured I should go ahead and make one up. I figure an 8' adjustable FS should work fairly well.

Bummer Brian, your luck is bound to turn around soon;)

Today it was over 70 in the Bean. I had nice day tying up loose ends and getting the guys set up with enough work for when I go out on leave for the twin envasion:)

Long weekend starts now, Patriots day on monday8)

Thanks for the sentiments, guys. Actually I didn't really react much. I knew it was a possibility when I made the cut. In fact I thought 'yes, no, yes, no, yes, no, aw, heck with it' and made the cut. Next time I'll put a rope on it.

Greg, that's coming up soon, isn't it? Best wishes for you and your wife. :)

Brian... when in doubt, rope it out, eh?

Greg, you'll keep us posted, right?

Typical day here... some brush chipping this morning, then a bunch of miscellaneous stuff at another property; 2 dead ash (1 broken and hung up in the other, over a garage), an old hanger in another tree, and 2 semi-dead cherries. Floppers, all of 'em.

Back