How'd it go today?

Well shoot.. forgot to mention the day.
I think I just got my last monthly done till July. I am putting all the monthly's on hold until weed eat/fire clearance is handled on the schedule. Windy as all get out but the fires behaved. Everything is so green and wet. Mostly cleaned some dead out of some live oaks from the ground and limbed them up. Things were all the way to the ground. She has more work for us and I am going to do some more here and there as time allows.

I went to a condo construction site today to look at it for landscape install, maybe half the workers were wearing hardhats, the site super said to me "thanks for wearing your hardhat, the last 3 estimators that came to my site didnt and it sets a bad example for my guys that are already difficult enough to convince."

That's a bummer to hear about Scott. Be sure to fill us in on the story when you get the details.

Jay, that rocker...rocks! It's gorgeous man.

I am beat. My nicotine patches made things strange for me last night as it was my first night on them and after a lousy night sleep I took down 4 60 foot douglas firs today. Alone. All chipped up and logs thrown on the truck. I am absolutely beat.

Tucker, good luck with kicking that monkey off your back. My only advice is to find a brand of hard candy you like (I used Jolly Ranchers) and buy a crapload of it. Keep plenty with you all the time, just like you always kept cigarettes with you. The physical addiction is broken in 3 days but the mental compulsions last about 3 weeks. Then you can still get the occasional cravings for 3 months. If you know they are coming it's easier to deal with them.

I think it's been about 6 years since I quit. I forgot the exact year.

I feel for ya mang... Cold turkey since December... Not looking back though. Desire is still there and probably always will be. But I want to breath, climb and live to watch my kids grow up :)

Jesus, Scott, That's terrible news. Sorry man to hear about that.

Nicotine patches and working your butt off is bound to pump your head with some juice.

I did a little emergency job this morning and pretty much goofed off all afternoon. Planted the rest of my tomato plants. Upped my acreage from 15 plants last year to 20 this year.
That's too bad about the tree guy without the hardhat.

I don't like you Jay, your work is WAY too nice!

Finally got the turd out of my driveway today!!! Car needed a fuel pump they said. Dropped the tank put in a new one yesterday. It fired up and ran. Shut it off to add two and a half quarts of oil:O Then it wouldn't start again:? Got sick of it about 7pm after a new fuel filter and an air filter that wasn't fll of oil.
Went out this morning and it fired right up then died five min. later:? Fuel at the throttle body, fuel when it cranked, but nothing out the injectors!
Ignition module went out, yeah, go figure! That took a couple of phone calls!
Ran it a while all is going well. Then I see water dripping at the front. The radiator is leaking at the drivers side tank. I sent it home and took their money! Told them to keep it full of water.
It will need a motor in a month or less! Idiots!

Scored a FREE Dixon 42" ZTR mower today! Guy was told it would cost $700-800 to replace the drive cones, he asked me to come pick it up! Got it home and I think all thats wrong is a broken bolt! (I THINK!)
Get to work on a little JD mower in the AM, they suck, but it's a little cash and something to do!

Good luck with the smoking Tucker, it's hard! I made it almost a year then my neighbor sent me over the edge. I haven't tried again since. I need to but I just bought all this fanzy whazoo crap for rolling my own. I'm a bad man, a very bad man!

Little pine over power lines. No biggie, easy day.

Only a dozen limbs or so on it; didn't even bother with the chipper.

I used that side bore cut into the face cut to dump this leaning stick sideways.

The face totally held all the way down it was awesome.

I half expected it to dump down this hill across this sidewalk.

But, nothing but success.
I love surprising myself.

A good day of random tree butchery. Vista pruning for two residences on the bluff. The first I had bucket access so I was able to back in, flip the bucket overcenter and work below the truck whacking tops out of several boxelders, ailanthus, elms and Walnuts. I made proper reduction cuts where possible but mostly I just topped trees to high stumps below the lip of the bluff. The second job there was no bucket access. I tied off a static line on the base of a Juniper in the yard and lowered my self down the bluff on a grigri to the base of the boxelders and then gaffed up the vine wrapped crapola trees and blew the tops out. The second tree I yanked the starter cord out of the saw so I had to cut a notch and saw a 9 inch top with the Zubat. ( I wasn't gonna decend, scale the bluff get another saw,redescend the bluff and reclimb the tree for one cut) I didn't cut enough face and the thing split and peeled out and sucked me into the tree with the lanyard...but not harshly. I'm tired.

A little higher....but it was only two trees instead of a dozen. A few dollars more for a little less time.... but it was a lot harder.

I've often thought of spraying Willie as I have my ag experience. What has kept me from it is being afraid of the complaints from neighbors who can smell the pesticide.
This was a root coller soil drench. There are so many down sides to spraying that they have come up with many alternatives. you should look into it

I'm at 3.5 weeks smoke free right now. The lozenges did the trick till 2 days ago and i have switched to the patch to break the habit of consuming something when i start jonesing. I'm getting there

Back