How'd it go today?

Beautiful Jay. Please post another picture of the finished product.

Have you ever made any rocking chairs?

Lovely chair, Jay.
I like the offset turnings on the two outer pieces of the backrest.
It may be the picture, but it looks like you almost had the center of the bottom end set up outside the piece of wood.

Slacked off today. The job I had planned is going to get done tommorrow, as the guy is away and didn't move all his crap off the deck and surrounding area. That and the fact he didn't want us there before 9, made me resched. for tommorrow at 7. I want to be halfway done at 9, a pet peive of mine is late starts. Your guys favorite treebuzz member Matt from NY is coming in to climb it. Haha.

Ended up looking at a job today too, it was pretty far. The guy was walking around picking out 24-36" DBH trees to be removed like they were seedlings. I'm going to refer it to someone else. My work neich is on smaller stuff, and the drive is killer. Thanks for the call but, no thanks. I'll make more money on the smalls and be less stressed.

Wow, must be nice, i'm looking at everything right now!
Just finished my first merit application for Bronze Birch borer

I've got some good work otherwise.

Why would I get deep into something I shoulda never started in the first place? A recipe for disaster 1 hr away. I don't run a crew like you Willie, just me and a helper when needed.

I can give him your number if you'll travel!

I've often thought of spraying Willie as I have my ag experience. What has kept me from it is being afraid of the complaints from neighbors who can smell the pesticide.

today went better than yesterday, low on billable hours but I got a couple things done and got the gear and helpers lined up for tomorrow. 8 yards soil to spread and 320 yards of sod, a small garden bed to create / plant and 2 old shrubs to remove. Hoping to get it done in a day but I dont think thats gonna happen.

Have you ever made any rocking chairs?

Yes Leon, a few different models. I think I posted this one before while you were on sabbatical. Cherry wood here. Rockers make great presents for families with newborns..... very soothing for mother and baby when nursing. A little suggestion for the grandparents in the house ;)

Perceptive on that turning, Stig, It's turned off center with a block glued on for the lathe tailstock....then later removed.

Attachments

• rocking-pale-blue-web.jpg
    rocking-pale-blue-web.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 11
Today was going nice, till I find out that my competitor was killed across town today. Not real sure what exactly happened, he died of massive head trauma, no hardhat.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hardhats are a must imo. Still would never wish no ill onto someone for not wearing one.

My day was reasonable in length today. That was nice.

Wow, bad news...

Hardhats...I saw some volunteers removing some trees around a shrine this week...mostly farmers, I could tell by their trucks..
One guy had a hardhat, the rest baseball caps. I pulled my bike up and watched for awhile, then when a few of them walked by, I said, "You know, you guys should be wearing hardhats". One guy nodded, the others looked at me like it was none of my business and who the hell am I. I'm a nobody for sure, and wasn't going to fight about it. I took off down the road.

You know what really sucks is I just talked with him about safety around 2 weeks ago. He just kind of blew me off. I am bummed about this for sure. Be safe everyone, don't get in a hurry.

Back