How'd it go today?

Hope ya land it Squish... Good luck mang!

Rained out today so ran some errands. Doing some on line pricing on some more rope and gear. Just trying to place things in proper order for money. Dropped off two rims for tires for the one ton. Guy is going to just give me the tires seeing he owes money :D He wants to just call it even and get on with life.. Seems he has some trees down that will probably need taken care of. So yup, I made out good on the deal. ;)

Good luck Squishy. I did a bid in the AM and am doing ceu stuff now. Let me know if you need help chipping Squish.

my new guy never showed this am or for his drug test friday. so much for "needing to get back to work"

Wow, there's a shocker. How many guys have decided to pursue other interests when it came time to take a drug test? You may just have to get a non-CDL truck Willie.

yeah, somebody actually was interested in buying my bucket truck at the home show. "well of course its for sale!" probably wont hear from him but it got my hopes up! think id still drug n alchohol test though

Mine weighs nothing.... I don't have one. ;)

Anyway, I am now officially out of work till the phone rings with more.:( I have no more work on the books and it's making me stress a lil. I'm sure (sort of) that things will pick back up but until then I'm sitting on my ass.:X

I know how you feel. I worked today, but it was too ugly to take pictures. Condominium building clearance. No deadwood, no corrective pruning, just 10' clearance. Not 9', but 10'. No, don't cut those stubs back to a fork, just cut it off at 10' from the building. Oh, that other limb looks like it's a little too close, whack the end off of it as well.
:roll:

I kept my mouth shut and hacked off the limbs as instructed. The worst part was that they were all gung-ho about having an 'arborist' whack the limbs but they didn't want to let me make proper cuts or vary from the idiotic specs at all. But today I cannot be picky. I'm thankful for the work and hacked those trees with a smile on my face because I'll be able to make my mortgage payment next week.
8)

I hear ya RJS. I did that for one building a couple years ago BUT, they let me mae proper, unsupervised cuts etc. hopefully Ican get back in there next Fall. I explained to the person (strata council garden rep) why proper cuts were better, making them would make for LESS work the next time and give them more time before they had to do it again and .... she listened!
I have some 2 and 3 hour jobs on the books, with no employees and limited business overhead I am keeping my head above water, for now. It is still mostly pruning work I am getting now, I am nervous what will transpire when it comes to the season when I am usually doing design and installation work.

ok, off to make supper then off to our own strata AGM, two council members have been cornering me in the hallways the last few weeks practically begging me to run for council. Sigh, I dont know if I have the patience for it.

I just got asked to go to Arkansas for a 45 day hanger contract.

I told him I'd think about it. :|:

How much per tree, Erik? Yardstick offered me $20 per tree, but that was for the whole crew. I'd need 50 trees per day minimum to make it worthwhile. When he told me I could do 100 trees per day easy, I suggested he pay me my daily rate and then he could keep the other $1000 per day. He hemmed and hawwed and backed off, then dropped the subject.
:roll:

Didn't even ask; it's someone Sid does business with, so he's vouching for him.

Back