How'd it go today?

I taught a pruning class at a local nursery. I think I did pretty good despite being nervous about public speaking. I talked for over an hour and got a few laughs more or less intentionally.

Discovered a broken conveyor chain on the sander. Not a cheap or easy fix. Got lots of snow coming tomorrow as well. Money in one pocket and out the other.:X

Yesterday I took down an incense cedar that was kind of big and today I did pretty much nothing all day. My son has his GF's dog in his care as she is in boot camp. A couple of days ago the dog ran away, so while we were at the animal control place getting our dog a license we checked to see if the runaway was there. He was, and since he wasn't neutered it was $222 to bail him out of jail. Here is a pic of the jailbird.

Attachments

• riverview (Small).jpg
    riverview (Small).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 62
We went to a monthly client today and got some more burn piles done and some brushing also.. Did a little climb today on a broken limb removal. Got to take some pics today too. Unfortunately they did not all take:what:
So the client sent me some and saved the day.. I'll post some in the work pic thread :)

I finally got around to putting the finishing touches on my new bathroom.

Last summer this was a bunch of old cow stalls from when this place was a working farm. You can still see the notches in the beams from where the upright beams for the stall dividers fit in.

The hottub is something I've wanted ever since trying one for the first time in California almost 30 years ago. It is a coated aluminum tank, I found in Finland via the internet and had shipped here. It is heated via a heatexchanger from the central heating system, which is fired by a woodburning furnace. So except for what little electricity the filterpump uses, it is a CO2 neutral hottub. I can soak with a clear conscience:)
With the kind of weather we have here, coming home to a hottub is really wonderful. It was well worth the wait to have this dream come true.
You can't tell because of reflected light, but the poster is from Redwood Nat. Park. That way I can look at that and dream of climbing a big one as I soak...............perfect!

Attachments

• P2220007.JPG
    P2220007.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 47
Burning wood just might produce CO2 but I'm no rocket scientist. Nice job Stig although to really get the California effect you need some topless hippie chick in there.

. Nice job Stig although to really get the California effect you need some topless hippie chick in there.

Darin, she is just underwate rin that shot.

Steve, Do human perps get additional bail if they are still "factory equipped" in Californicatistan?

I had to get rid of my hottub, I couldn't keep the nieghbor girls out of it.

257712.jpg

I've been wanting a hottub for 30 years or so. Did you do all the work on the bathroom Stig?

I had some professional help with the Wiring and plumbing.

And when we tore the old bathroom and part of the stable down, I called in every favour owed me by friends and neighbours and got a real good wrecking crew together.

Burning wood just might produce CO2 but I'm no rocket scientist. Nice job Stig although to really get the California effect you need some topless hippie chick in there.

I think the theory is that the CO2 put out by burning wood equals the amount of CO2 the tree absorbed while growing, thus a neutral result.

My wife is certainly topless when we hit the tub together, does that qualify?
She is somewhat of a former hippiechick.
Smoking a little weed may enhance the California effect, too.

But looking at my redwood poster through the mist from the tub, I can almost imagine I'm back in Humboldt county in the eighties. That was a great time.

I never had one personally and we were going to put one outseide the master bedroom here. But it was going to take too much money to fix the tub so we gave it a way to a guy that knows how to fix them. In Massachusetts there was a place I think just down the road from Shrewsbury that rented hot tubs by the hour and sold them. Took a couple dates there a couple of times ;)

OMG I'm sore!!:cry:

I skied my ass off yesterday and I'm feeling like I got hit by a truck today..... and don't regret it one bit!;)

My buddy Mikey and I started the day at Arapahoe Basin. It's a small (but still cool!) ski area right on the continental divide and they opened up new terrain on the back side this year so we checked it out.... and it was awesome of course.http://arapahoebasin.com/ABasin/image-library/inline-landscape/trail-map-front_orig.jpg

Then we hauled arse down the road to Keystone for the rest of the day. Keystone is a big resort where you can ski 3 mountains front to back and one of the only places in Colorado with night skiing.... and we did it all!http://keystone.snow.com/keystoneAssets/images/mountains/trail-map_winter0809.jpg
http://keystone.snow.com/keystoneAssets/images/mountains/trail-map_winter-night0809.jpg

Sounds awesome Branch MD

Hottub in full effect here.8)

Now I'm off to submit my chipping program bid, wish me luck all you bastads!:P

good luck squishy!
my new guy never showed this am or for his drug test friday. so much for "needing to get back to work"

Back