How'd it go today?

interesting
DSC01131.JPG
PS002882.jpg

Another day home with bubba. He had a slight fever yesterday that broke early, but couldn't take him to the sitter. And already had a doctors appointment set up for today.
More noggin time, yea!!

Did a 35 degree slope covered with mud and snow today... I am whooped... Mostly raising up limbs for fire clearance and some brushing. Lady's happy and booked another day for next month. Guess she wants us to clear it out to the property line... I hope it won't be in the snow again in March :P

Stephen, So did you tie up all those limbs or just push real hard and tell them to stay?:P

I wrecked a willow in tight quarters and got to leave the mess. The snow started a few minutes after I finished but it didn't last and nothing stuck.

Removed 3 mostly dead and hollow catalpas... 3 hours, $390, chipped everything. :D

Side note... Stopped by the insurance office and was told they are getting all kinds of calls for trees down..:what:
I looked over and reminded them they have my cards and number on file ...
No calls yet... Maybe after more of these storms this week... I dunno :dontknow:

same logic as the guy that pulled up to my bid when i was talking to you. just in case i dont get work from work, i wanna be paid:)

Had a good day at work. Finished today's job at about 12:30 so we went and I thought we could do part of tomorrows job and we finished it. I also changed out the bulb and sensor on a dusk to dawn light on the barn for the guy. I've been doing about 4 bids a week.

Question, I’ve been subbing myself out to a tree company as a favor to one owner’s dad. What I’m finding out is they under bid jobs, (bad). Yes, they get the job done, and make a small margin of profit, but they’re hurting the industry as a whole in the Keys. Additionally, I’m okay with one handing a chainsaw every now and again, and sliding on some safety issues, but they disregard a lot of safety, scary safety stuff.:O So, the question is, do I come across as an ass and point out the safety issues, and under biding, or do I become too busy to help them any more. What they do reflects on my business and me when I’m on site. Has any one else ever been in this position?

Back