How'd it go today?

I went back, and I guess I missread something. I thought I read someone was doing a TD but on ropes. I must be getting senile already!!
I've done it, but it was due to a lack of gaffs, I don't have that excuse any more!! (Thank goodnes!!)

Now you can really get "suited" up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can see it now!!!!
"Hi, my name is Andy and I would like to earn youre buisness!"
"Oh, how soon can I get to it, well m'am, give just a sec and I will put my sadle over this suit and get my spikes on, then I can get right to work! I that going to be soon enough?"

:lol::lol:

Yawn... Got called into work last night. Couple trees took the power down. Cut one from the ground. Second outage we went to I had to climb this little pecker pole poplar and hang half upside down with the ht130 power pruner and cut it off the line. Talk about exhausted when I was done. But I got paid 2x 1/2 for it so...

I went back, and I guess I missread something. I thought I read someone was doing a TD but on ropes. I must be getting senile already!!
I've done it, but it was due to a lack of gaffs, I don't have that excuse any more!! (Thank goodnes!!)

ive done it, when ive had the wrong shoes on and the tree is limby enough or it a little thing i can bail a top out and then flop. not very often but i do occasionaly

Had to look up deglazing, proud to say I had it pegged.

Just got through tagging & banding about twenty calves. Son got kicked, husband got both thumbs squished, I walked away without a scratch*! Ha!

*this time

Ha Ms Che alias buckaroo of KY .:)

Great day ,my son ,Daughter in law granddaughter of three visited this morning . Little blond cutie,that one .:big-love:

Was supposed to take out a dead walnut tree for a friend/neighbor today, but he was going fishing yesterday and the wheel bearings went out on one of his boat trailer wheels and he left it at his Mom's house in Modesto. He is a complete mechanical retard so instead of doing the tree I went and fixed his trailer. He had to replace the hub, both bearings of course, the nut and washer, seal, and bearing buddy. My buddy's Father was an auto shop teacher at the local junior college but he didn't teach any of his kids anything. The inside bearing was a little loose on the spindle so I did the center punch routine on the spindle. Good job Che, did you rub it in a little? Just hit the fridge for a turkey sandwich. My sister in Florida is selling her house and I am her document connection to my parents. She faxes the papers to me and I have to run them over to my parents house a couple of miles away, anyway I have stack of papers to bring over there now.

Drank too much last night!! Went round and round with the wife about family. The hicky's on my chest say we must have settled something:lol: (I kid, I wasn't that drunk!!)
Drove 90 mile in a snow storm (:?) to help Bowtie drop an Osage. 24"ish, 17deg lean on it. Cut a little notch and bored it. All went well. It was a nice time, too bad time was short!! Really nice guy, just young:)
Then I had to drive home, I am tired!!

...anyway... I got to climb with this guy yesterday. We were going to climb the Doster Oak today, but the PoPo showed up with the land owner, which meant no climb. Pretty interesting guy though.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZdrN3kROjo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ZdrN3kROjo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's his website.

http://www.touchtheskytreeclimbing.com/index.html

Yeah he was there, and once he figured out who I was he was going to let us climb, but he said we should probably go just so the neighbor, who called on us, doesn't get confused.:lol:

Bill says that if I send him my insurance papers, I'm welcome to climb there, which is really cool of him.

soon as things get known....the heat gets turned up. I'm keeping all my trees secret from now on........

Kind of blechy day-cloudy, breezy and coldish I drove up to Park county to about 9000 feet to fell a tree. One half of an old schoolmarm Ponderosa pine, big sweep back over the house with most of the weight on the back side. Set a bull rope, z-rigged and anchored to the base of another tree and cranked it over with the Power-puller on the Z. No clean-up. I stopped and plinked a few pinecones in the snow with a .22 pistol on the way home. Pretty good for a semi nasty day.

Still no burn today. Going on a week now and it is getting frustrating as we have burn piles all over the county to keep us busy till at least Feb.
We had a cancellation for today so we went and did a brushing job that is in progress, but limited due to no burn. Customer did authorize chipping for what we did today. Trouble is like most places, ain't no way to chip them with out yarding the brush out of ravines and shat. Can't get chippers into most places we work nor brush to where we can have the chipper.
Job went well though and I am just going to take another day off if it's not a burn day to line up more work in case.

Back