How'd it go today?

I worked with a guy who wore caulk boots to climb and he loved them. But you can't climb thin bark trees like Maple and Magnolias and can't walk on roofs because the shingles tear off with every step. This guy said if he couldn't wear his boots he'd quit treework.

Well I never thought I would climb a tree with out gaffs, buttttttt.
Now I have ascenders and such. I got spoiled by working in the woods with take downs that were just not supposed to damage other trees. Now I do the ones close to houses too and heritage trees.. Who whudda thunk it.:|:

Well you can always "ask the customer". I always gave them option when I did the consults in the past and still do. Before I would do "gaff less", I would tell them I use gaffs, could damage tree, yada yada and some would have me do it anyway. I always had a local guy that would do it with out gaffs and just refer him or another to do the job. NOW... I sell myself both ways. And my conscience says no gaffs on most jobs. Less invasive the better. Then again, aint killed a tree on my property yet with gaffs. But that's my property. ;)

I prefer no gaff......sometimes removals without...to a point. But my gecks are so light I once forgot I had them on...:/:

I wonder if boots covered in astro turf would work.

Doubtfully. Turf is slippery as.... well..... when wet.

Easy day today. Slept in til 9. Went over to my parents and played with my nephews. Had lobstah,shrimp and chowdah for suppah.

Here in New England, we don't typically see the "red chowder" which is a tomato base. We call it "New York" style. or Manhattan.

REAL clam chowder is a cream and butter base and thickened with the starch from the potatos. Besides clams and potatos, a good New England chowder will have some onion and bacon.

Back