How'd it go today?

I'm very grateful for your generosity, Al. :D

You're welcome .

I do think high density polyethlene would work also .That stuff I sent was nylon 6/6 .

The poly is what they use for bedliners ,molded dunnage racks and a whole bunch of things where durable material is needed .Besides that the stuff is dirt cheap compaired to other thermal plastics .

Anybody interested might look it up in MacMaster -Carr .I think 1" by 2" poly is around 4 bucks a foot .A 4 foot piece should be enough to repair a scabbard in a more durable condition than when it was new .

Have you checked the kill switch on the access door to the drum? I've had issues with them rattling just loose enough.

if its a morbark its likly the cheap pvc crimp connectors in the back of the console , horrid crap

Are you talking about the crimp connectors for the wiring going to the murphy switch? If so, I checked all that first. Also, it's not the drum lid either because when the drum lid kill is active the instrument display won't even light up, and it lit up fine.

I'm gonna run it for a while more, and if it dies again, I'm going to try and see if the murphy switch is popped out. ...you know how the thing sticks in once the engine is running...? I think something is allowing it to pop out (maybe a bad connection in the switch), and that is what makes it die. Who knows, I may be able to push it back in to keep it from dying if that's what it is. :D

Honestly, I don't mind buying a new murphy switch, it's that I just bought a new starter because I thought that was the problem. :whine: Ohh, well.... tis how it goes. I suppose the mantra is, "IF IT RUNS, IT WILL BREAK."

Today,so far went to the bank,repaired one of the many saws somebody dropped off and cleaned the garage a tad bit .

15 more saws ,I'll be caught up ,then maybe I can wrench on a few of my own .They won't be as easy as that little Poulan with a bad fuel line I fear .:(

dropped the truck off to get new tires and a front alignment. home now, scheduling next week and hanging out with the family. :) piss poor weather outside ( I waved at the two Davey climbers that were/are trimming a few 30 foot maples down the road), I have a comfy hoody on and my slippers. :pimp:

It's starting to snow! Enough that I pushed todays prune job off, one drawback of living halfway up the ski hill is what goes down the hill must come back up and that would be questionable today. Messed around with bobcats and a pile of sand, everything's set now. Probably sanding tonight at about 2:00am. 8)

So far 33 percent ,one out of 3 saws I wrenched on running good . A Poulan ,running .One of the very last ever 10-10 Mac ,leaky fuel tank ,no go .039 Stihl ,no go .

Final for the day --Echo hedge trimmer ,hopefully 2 for 4 .I'll know in about an hour .:)

Put the plow on the (other) F350, ate myself silly some more, and goofed off in between.

Butch, I admire your perseverence for getting on that treadmill every day and not quitting. I'm sitting here 10 lbs heavier than 60 days ago wishing I had the foresight and willpower to do it. One of these days I just may end up making that commitment, hopefully soon.

No snow here, the ski slope above town is totally bereft of the white stuff.

I did a couple of tiny jobs this morning by my lonesome, pruning shrubs and small trees and then had lunch with another arborist friend of mine. Now I am loosely supervising Haley and her best friend, two of the silliest people I know.

Cool. back home with the new tires, they grip well in the current rain. Measured the tread on wife's car, she needs tires, at 3/32 all round.
Getting some to eat then off to an evening shift at the garden center for to sell some christmas trees. sigh.

No evening walk for Bub and I tonight :( he is trying to nap now, if he does he will likely be sleeping still when I leave. That breaks our streak of about 9 or 10 weeks.

Did another CEU quiz which leaves me one left then I am caught up.

Now I am loosely supervising Haley and her best friend, two of the silliest people I know.

On the bright side, having silly little kids gives you the opportunity to be a silly little kid while no one calls the men in white coats! :)

Did some brushing on a clients rental property today. She forgot to call the tenants for our lil appointment today but we got the go ahead anyway as the tenant knows me and was in on the consult. Still have some tree work there to do after she gets an arborist to look at a couple pines. Rumor is that she had someone come look at the Ponderosa that was in the worst shape. I stopped by her place on the way home and no one home to talk to or get paid from. Sooooooo. Left the bill and will talk to her soon about it. Can always use the tree work ;).
Was mostly dead wooding manzanita and thinning some brush, cleaning out the buck brush. Biatch of a drag for Rob and Jeremy today though. NO BURN DAY ... WTF. Gimmee a break. Guys had to drag the stuff some 300 feet at the end of the day.

2 hr crane job......more turkey........removed gas tank from my toyota to get water and trash out.

old lines are really rusted ..replaced with new flex line.....still have a leak though

I went to chip the same pile of brush today, and... chipper left me dead in the water again. :X

So, I went rec climbing and said F-it. I'm gonna sort it all out first thing next week even if I have to drive that damn thing to the dealer in ATL.

Cool thing though, I met up with this guy from Baltimore (my hometown :D) who is really into climbing. He's an old tree guy, now he does high angle tower stuff and rec climbing, and we climbed some big trees at my old campus. Cool guy, and surprisingly alike to Mike "house" Tain. Guy had a mini clevis for an earing, biker tree guy style. :lol: Anyway... it got me stoked about climbing big trees again. WNC has to have some big mofos around.

http://dfr.nc.gov/Urban/nc_champion_big_trees_database_search.asp

We trimmed another big fruitless mulberry and a medium euc. I drove to Stockton and retreived the 046 that the guys left at my sister's house last week. Then dragged brush the rest of the day. Eating a turkey sandwich as we speak (so to speak).

That shat friggen sux.. I hate doing live oak with it. Especially this time of year. And then the times you can't wear the spurs makes it even more fun.. Maybe I need some caulks. But I doubt that if I can't use spurs, they would like the caulks either.

Back